Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Lucky duck!

I know you don't live too far away but we're not as lucky. At least a foot of snow, blizzard conditions, 50+ mph winds and 'bombgenesis' is being thrown around again.

The storm's lagging in the ocean. Never a good sign.

And I'll be out in it, shoveling and trying to win over Mother Nature (never works).

I, too, am too old for this shit.

On a happy note, it will be above zero.

There is always good news and bad news.

You are on the snow side. The good news is the foot or so will be light and fluffy. Normally, that would be easier to shovel (or use a leaf blower on as our snow removal guys do) except for the high winds blowing it all over the place. The temps, from what I saw, will be decent during the day but dropping in the evening, back to even more brutal cold that we have had thus far. The cold and the winds are expected to continue thru most of Sunday. Everything that falls is going to freeze solid until the temps moderate come Sunday night.

Raimondo was impressive when she talked about the state's readiness for this and her readiness to declare a state of emergency if needed. Safer to close stuff and order people off the roads than to deal with all the frozen snow/ice that will be out there.

Please be careful and safe out there.

I'm on the rain/snow line and far enough out, I think, to be mostly rain. If we do get some snow, it will be wet and heavy - not exactly what you want on trees and power lines when you are expecting wind gusts around 70. We too will be getting the return of the brutal cold tomorrow night. So everything here will be encased in ice if it is mostly rain. They are anticipating widespread power outages here and have warned power may not be able to be restored for several days due to the high winds. That will be a bummer. The electric company already did their warning phone call this evening. Havent heard from the towns emergency management yet.

The good news is, there is an opportunity for several days of snuggling, cuddling, and canoodling.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: