atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
I think had he lived, Harvey Milk might have grown into that figure.
I keep thinking as I read the last few posts, about what Harvey said during his campaign against prop 6, the Briggs initiative: "if everyone comes out, we win." I think it's true. People tend to be more accepting when they personally know someone who is gay or lesbian or trans. It can be very dangerous for some people to come out. I think kids and teenagers are at the greatest risk, but it really depends on where you live and work, what kind of family you grew up with, where you go to school, etc. I think that we should all be as out as we can without putting ourselves in significant danger (yes that is a controversial stance, but that is what I believe). I, personally, am willing to accept a certain level of danger. If I were somewhere where I thought my life was in danger, I would not stay there. But I walk in the world with my queer card on my sleeve. I do this to feel good in my own skin, but it has political implications as well.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post: