View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #20
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Miss Scarlett I am so sorry you are not welcome at your shul! I am assuming you are Orthodox? I am at a Conservative synagogue and my Rabbi is very involved in Keshet and is so welcoming to me and my partner. It has been wonderful.

I have yet to do a true seder at my house. It is daunting and I feel intimidated. I am grateful that we have an invitation.

SO sunday is the big clean for me. We have our matzah already and except for the super chametz mix I feed our two ratties we will be chametz free.

I hope you have a good seder wherever you decide to go.
Thanks Hon, my shul is best described as Hypocrital...i always identified more as Lubavitcher because of my paternal great-grandmother's family...that's who they were.

Since my "shunning" as i like to call it i've managed to find my own balance and am doing nicely there but i do miss that connection...

There's a Keshet group here but i was always so busy elsewhere in the LGBT community i never managed to connect with them...loks like that may or may not change. One of the Rabbis here at the Reform Congregation performs weddings for LGBT couples - she just did one up in DC. Before i venture near Temple Beth El i want to meet with her...i'm sure you can understand why...

i've received an invitation from my doctor to attend his family's humongous Seder...that will be an experience - been there before...he and his wife are from South Africa and they manage to cram an average of 60 people in their house...they will hold that next Sunday...

i can pull off huge, huge, huge dinners but a Seder is way more than that...so i understand your hesitation to do your own...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: