Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I read a book, about which I was really excited, only to be w-a-y disappointed and even disturbed by it. It is "Hereville How Mirka Got Her Sword" by Barry Deutsch.

It was, is, about an orthodox girl who wants to have a sword, have adventures etc. I found it to be filled with painful stereotypes and, (dare I say?) anti-Semitism. I realize that is a subjective comment, and is true for me, is my true experience reading the book, is my authentic experience reading the book. I hope I have covered whatever I need to cover by my statement. It is my own, very special person, response to the book.

Has anyone read it? If so any thoughts?

I look forward to a new book by Daniel Silva. Don't know when it's on it's way, but I have faith!

So, I guess my 'what am I reading' is more of a 'what I just read' :)
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post: