Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"Anybody who uses computers doesn't know a damn thing about this game".
So I rented the movie Money ball because after my first guess fell flat, I had a nagging gut instinct that it was the account of Billy Bean rebuilding the ball club on a tight budget.

At 47 minutes and 11 seconds, into the movie Moneyball, Billy Bean and Pete are watching video when Grady (the clubs scout with 29 years of scouting experience) walks in and wants to talk to Billy....Billy asks Grady what he's upset about. Grady lays it on the line and tells Billy, "anybody who uses computers doesn't know a damn thing about the game...", because Grady thinks Billy is making a mistake rebuilding Oakland Athletics with ball players that are typically not chosen by trusted scouting methods.

Moneyball (2011)
Brad Pitt, as Billy Bean.

I only read the book, homoe, so from what I remember about the book, it might be the same thing as the Big Little Lies (Moriarty, HBO series). I dunno, I'd have to reread the book.

But hey, what a fantastic movie!!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote