Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Just returned from Nha Trang, Vietnam .... specifically the MUD BATH Spa! My skin feels awesome, it was so relaxing, a beautiful area to visit. Totally recommend this to be put on a bucket list!
Sis

Nha Trang has not been on my bucket list to date - maybe it should.

I visited Saigon (or Ho Chi Minh) in March / April 2005 and had an energy-sapping experience there. It coincided with the 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon to the Viet Cong, although I was totally ignorant of that when I booked.

Also, I was on the trip with my partner and we were on the verge of breaking up (in fact, we basically broke up in Saigon) which complicated things further.

There were many demonstrations and rallies over the few days I was there. Also saw some US Vietnam veterans who now lived there as was easier dealing with some of their issues closer to where they occurred than back home in the US.

More so, I remember the stunning French architecture of Saigon - truly beautiful.

On one of my trips to the Philippines, I'll call by Saigon again. Catch-up with some of my ghosts.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote