Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone for suggestions! I've looked through them all and have added a few to my amazon wishlist (also how cool is it that several of BFP members have published their own!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Back to books!

Really, you can just walk into a gay/lesbian bookstore or look online. What are you looking for? Fiction? Non-fiction? Gay/lesbian history? Erotica? How to have lesbian sex (I remember a GF of mine who had never been with a woman before bought such a book before our first date..lol).

Hopefully, people will come in with suggestions.
How to have lesbian sex, I need that lol There are unfortunately no gay bookstores anywhere near where I live but I have tried to look some up at Amazon. I want to get really into queer literature and culture but dont know where to start.
I found one called The Well of Loneliness which is really good so far.
Lesbian history would be really good though. If someone could recommend something like that, especially butch/femme history I would be much obliged.

Quote:
honeybarbara Oh yeah, der, I have a book too.

There are several places that carry it, but if you order from the original publisher, you can see some reviews, read a sample and pick the platform you want.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/168747

I'll show you mine
8 Short Stories spanning 18 years and three countries: coming out as lesbian from bisexual, discovering a "Femme" ID and her desires in a dyke sub-culture sexuality, losing her first long-term relationship, learning about kink, disclosing an abused past to a lover, rediscovering sex after depression and (dyke) divorce, and ending with a dream of new love and sexual adventure.

*shameless self plug*
Looks very interesting, definetely adding that!

Again thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post: