CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I’m not certain if ANYONE would be worse than Trump, but should he be impeached we will have Pence as President (unless they prove crimes against him), and we (the gays) would be under attack.

It’s like asking if you want to be tortured by electrocution until dead, or if you want to be water boarded until dead...you are still dead!

With the House under control of the Democrats, Trump is a little more limited in the damage he can do; voting him out seems our best avenue at the moment. That could change, if the crimes found by Mueller are enough to force him to be indicted and tried as the criminal he has always been.
I disagree. A person who commits a crime should face legal consequences. Any/every person. When, (or if), the Mueller report ever comes out the legislature must act in accordance with the US Constitution. No matter what. Trump has been undermining so many of our institutions on a daily basis that I fear for our future. Failure of the legislative branch to act as a co-equal branch of government with appropriate oversight of the Executive branch further undermines the rule of law.

Yes, Pence is scary. No, I don't think acting as if he's an insurance policy against impeachment is the right plan. Excusing a sitting President from responsibility for his crimes would be remarkably shortsighted. Let's remember that this is all playing out against a backdrop of howling mad keyboard warriors from the left who started calling for Trump's impeachment before that evil f*ck even took office. Impeachment is a drastic action taken against someone who has committed high crimes and misdemeanors WHILE IN OFFICE! Those premature calls for impeachment undermined the credibility of anyone who has legitimately called for impeachment ever since.

Frankly, I doubt that Pelosi intends to protect Trump from impeachment. I think she's positioning herself for maximum credibility when the Mueller report is finally released. Assuming that the Mueller report finds criminal malfeasance on Trump's part, (treason, obstruction of justice, etc.), I expect Pelosi to initiate impeachment at that point.