View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 04:46 AM   #13446
NavyButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir, Captain

NavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST Reputation

That I think we have the responsibility to be ourselves. One of My friends asked Me what I thought of Barry Manilow coming out so late in life. I first responded- well everyone does it when it "feels right" to them. But, then I followed that up with- we also have a certain responsibility to be visible. To make things a little easier on the next generation as those before us did for us. There are too many young people getting bullied and committing suicide because they are so afraid to come out- or if they do they are bullied back into the closet.

I think that in being visible we help them with their choice. To be their true selves. Especially when someone is famous and have that seriously visible platform. I also realize that not everyone can do that- meaning being visible for whatever reason and I can respect that.

However, I think those that can- should.
NavyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NavyButch For This Useful Post: