View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

This link is to one of my favorite threads on the internet: People from all over the world post pictures of "Public Housing / Tenements / Commie Blocks / Projects / Housing Estates". I can't say I "like" most of the architecture in the thread, in fact much of it is horrifying. But grouping these architectural images by function reveals much -viscerally and aestetically- about the humanity behind that function. These aren't "pleasing" revelations, but they are stunning.
I've done an atrocious job of explaining my attraction to this thread but here it is if you wanna check it out:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=247127

(Long story short: we don't have to "like" design for it to be revealing and compelling). (Blah Blah Blah).
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post: