Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #861
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,167 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
i agree, no cheating. we have to earn it, on our own, no help. no steroids.
that's why i say i have mixed emotions. i watched closely when he went for
roger maris' record. how emotional he was with the maris' family. he did wrong.
it's about more than just cheating. he did maris wrong. maybe he should be thrown out of baseball entirely.
i know for sure he doesn't belong in the hall of fame.
but i do believe in 2nd chances. even 3rd and 4th, sometimes.

i love to collect. i bought the wheaties box with mcqwire on it, when he broke the record.
i still have the box, but it doesn't mean anything anymore. i also have the cal ripken wheaties box, ... that one means something.
I just don't understand why Pete Rose was and still is banned from baseball, three serious words....banned from baseball. Yet we have illegal drug use, cheating and lying to a grand jury and allowed to Coach as if nothing ever happened. He did do Maris wrong. Sammy Sosa doesn't get a free pass either.

The home run derby, in my mind, will never be the same....they were hitting 40, 41 h/r's at a time during the All Star event...between corked bats and Roids. Has anyone hit 20 since? Fortunately, people forget.

I guess the weaties box is worth something....you can say this is a cheater. In professional sports, we expect them to
be superstars based on honest to goodness talent. By working hard and refining the skills. Not by corking the bats and taking the needle. Oh, and if your name is Barry-roid-Bonds, your highly paid personal trainer, outside of baseball, rubbs some special creme on your wrist. No questions, no worries.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #862
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,656 Times in 7,653 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Another close one. Was hoping the Cardinals would go up 2-0 but Texas had other plans LOL.

Enough with the pitching duels. Wanna see some slugging!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #863
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so happy that the Texas Rangers won tonight to even up the series! This is definitely going to be a good duel to the end!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #864
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,235 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i only got to see the 9th inning. but what a 9th inning it was lol. shoot fire!

go cardinals!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #865
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

as a child, i heard my momma say so many times lol ...
"what's worse than doing wrong? to know it's wrong and still do it."

i don't think the gambling on baseball is any more wrong than steroids.
both do your team mates and the game, everybody ... an injustice.

i also collected so many roger clemens cards.
i wanted to look back one day and say, "oh! what a rocket he was!"

"say it ain't so!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #866
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I'm so happy that the Texas Rangers won tonight to even up the series! This is definitely going to be a good duel to the end!

Can it get any better than to break it open in the 9th?...Great game!

also, that extends the series by at least one more game (rubs hands together)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #867
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,595 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

STELLAR STELLAR STELLAR PITCHING.

Molina and Napoli were amazing strong back catchers. I wonder how Molina's thumb is doing? It looked wrapped up last night.

Their hands must just HURT when they hit the ball when it is that cold. As a praire, been through lots of winters, girl... hands are sensitive to vibration when cold. Ouch....

Some of the defensive plays and catches were just poetry in motion.

What a fabo fabo fabo game!!!

Can't wait for Saturday!!

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #868
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,828 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
STELLAR STELLAR STELLAR PITCHING.

Molina and Napoli were amazing strong back catchers. I wonder how Molina's thumb is doing? It looked wrapped up last night.

Their hands must just HURT when they hit the ball when it is that cold. As a praire, been through lots of winters, girl... hands are sensitive to vibration when cold. Ouch....

Some of the defensive plays and catches were just poetry in motion.

What a fabo fabo fabo game!!!

Yes, that was one of the best WS games ever played! I was thinking these teams and their big bats were going to take center stage, but, wow, the pitching has been something!! And oh yeah, defensive plays!

Both teams are giving us quite a Series thus far!!

Argh, yesterday's quakes out here brought back memories of the '89 WS between our Bay Area teams- the A's & Giants. The Loma Preita quake hit right at the start of a game in SF and the WS was delayed- and well, people died and were hurt. I thought, damn, please don't let the "big one" hit now!! I didn't want my TV knocked out. Well and also don't want people hurt.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #869
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Somehow, my brain didn't retain this. I was looking for the game last night.. Jonesing it for baseball. Well, tonight the hitting fest shall commence!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #870
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

i remember the quake in 89, ... very big deal.
and to those that lost loved ones.

you know, the rangers have the #1 ballpark for home runs.

kyle lohse on the mound for the cardinals. right-hander. he has 16 homeruns, 2 in the postseason, ... hit off him. 2 starts, 2 losses in post season.

matt harrison for the rangers. left-hander. 13 homeruns for the season, 0 in post season, ... hit off him. 2 starts, 1 win in post season.

era, w-l, so, whip, ... their records are pretty much even for the year.

we will see how it goes. go cardinals!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #871
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I am soooo ready for a game with the DH involved. Maybe, just maybe there will be a wee lil slug fest.

I have never seen Lohse pitch but have seen Harrison throw a few gems at the Red Sox this year.

Yellowband, the Sox saga continues in the media. Same stories, same players, same quotes, different writers.....can't believe they keep printing the same stuff over and over. Then again, I couldnt believe all the press Patriots QB Tom Brady got last year for growing his hair long.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #872
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Yellowband, the Sox saga continues in the media. Same stories, same players, same quotes, different writers.....can't believe they keep printing the same stuff over and over. Then again, I couldnt believe all the press Patriots QB Tom Brady got last year for growing his hair long.
They have stopped talking about the redsox [here] and have gone back to questioning the intergrity of the Pirate owners.

First, some Good news. Micheal Mchenry has been retained! I'm so happy.
The pirates will not pick up Catchers Ryan Doumit or Chris Snyders options,
Or Paul Malholm (Pitcher). Those three are worth 19 million next year. Suddenly our low payroll got alot lower. Makes me wonder if Micheal is going to get a million.

We have a catcher in the minors, Jason Jaramillo, who is ready to come up. The only reason he didn't get the call when Ryan broke his ankle (and the sox gave us Micheal) was JJ had a fractured jaw. So we are set at catcher. That frees up alot of cash. I say keep moving. I can't help but remember how many games we won with HUNGRY minor league players, while our veterans were out with injuries. The tale of two teams.

The sports people seem to think the warmer climate in Texas will bring on the hitting. I'm ready!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #873
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
They have stopped talking about the redsox [here] and have gone back to questioning the intergrity of the Pirate owners.

First, some Good news. Micheal Mchenry has been retained! I'm so happy.
The pirates will not pick up Catchers Ryan Doumit or Chris Snyders options,
Or Paul Malholm (Pitcher). Those three are worth 19 million next year. Suddenly our low payroll got alot lower. Makes me wonder if Micheal is going to get a million.

We have a catcher in the minors, Jason Jaramillo, who is ready to come up. The only reason he didn't get the call when Ryan broke his ankle (and the sox gave us Micheal) was JJ had a fractured jaw. So we are set at catcher. That frees up alot of cash. I say keep moving. I can't help but remember how many games we won with HUNGRY minor league players, while our veterans were out with injuries. The tale of two teams.

The sports people seem to think the warmer climate in Texas will bring on the hitting. I'm ready!
Pirates are cleaning house huh? Hope they use some of the savings to sign Derek Lee. Think he is a good leader and hitter.

Something to be said for minor leaguers with something to prove and nothing to lose. They play because they enjoy playing. What more can you ask for?

Any chance the Pirates want Lackey and Dice-K at rock bottom prices? Sox should have made the both of them go along with Epstein to the Cubs.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #874
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Can't wait for the game today! Even if it is a gorgeous day here and I hate being inside when it is like this. Hummmm.... maybe tape it? I can listen to it while walking my dog later, too, but I like watching the WS games.

Yellowband- I think the Pirates are going to be very good next season, actually. They are coming back!!

I'm not as hopeful concerning my Giants, actually. I feel like we may go through some re-building that will take a few seasons to get us back. But, we do have a young bullpen with guys that are proven. The offense is the problem....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #875
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Yellowband- I think the Pirates are going to be very good next season, actually. They are coming back!!
As sad as I am to see Ryan Doumit go, he is not worthy of 7 million. I saw *desire* in Micheal Mchenry. It was so nice to see players picked off for stealing bases again (Doumit 29%) and Mchenry would snag them at first and third for taking too big of a lead. Loved him. I suspect Clint Hurdle has alot of input on who is going to be on the field next year.

As for Derrek Lee, the last I heard, the Pirates would like to retain him. But Derrek hasn't said if he wants to play another year.

Now that the Catching situation has worked itself out, the two corners have to be decieded and then wait and see if they keep Ronny Cedeno at SS. (he's only at 2 million) for some reason people hate on him (left over Jack Wilson lovers maybe???) I don't know why. Gee we are not even out of the WS yet and my mind is in spring training!! Yes, the year of the Pirates.

We actually had sunshine! So, yes I am in complete understanding of watching the WS when it is on.....

Last edited by Dominique; 10-22-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: more to say
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #876
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Slug Fest!!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #877
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

GO CARDINALS
Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #878
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Dumb ass kid. Throwing that ball on the field

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #879
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,778 Times in 958 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, Albert Pujols!

Love how the Rangers would pitch to him, but always walk Cabrera when they played the Tigers. Whatever.

And I love how Pujols did not mock the pitcher when he hit a 100 mph fastball for a homer, like Nelson Cruz mocked Verlander when he hit a 100 mph pitch for a homer. Pujols is a class act.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #880
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Slug Fest!!!!!
Oh, yeah, SLUG FEST!!!

WOW, "King Albert" in the books with the Babe & Mr October!! Plus he is a good guy- and talked about team effort. I sure do bet that Card fans want him back next year!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: