Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #121
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,918 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
LOL thee Almight BullDog was not granting you any permission. Eyeball roll.
Now please don't use that tone, because it's kind of hot, and makes it difficult to stay adversarial. *smirk*

Ok, well to clarify, that was in response to your one-liner, not your edited, expanded post.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley

Last edited by QueenofSmirks; 08-29-2012 at 04:00 PM.
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #122
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Yes but at least it does so in that cute alien-ish voice, like mine does when it tells me I haven't quite reached my goal. LOL
She's not so cute when she's scolding me for waiting so long between workouts and weight-ins! lol

Of course, it's kind of funny when she's asking me where I've been and I'm standing there, stammering, trying to come up with a good excuse ..... to a machine.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #123
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
She's not so cute when she's scolding me for waiting so long between workouts and weight-ins! lol

Of course, it's kind of funny when she's asking me where I've been and I'm standing there, stammering, trying to come up with a good excuse ..... to a machine.
Ummm...yeah. about 2 months ago, I stepped on and she said "it's been 293 days since your last visit" and I was like O M G, she's going to electrocute me as soon as I weigh in! LOL

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #124
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LOL thee Almighty BullDog was not granting you any permission. Eyeball roll.

EDIT: I am really going to try and make this my last post here because this is truly ridiculous.

I see a new young person that as far as I know is a young 23 year butch. I think what a difference it would have made if I could have found a butch femme community at that age, and I hope for the best and give the kid some slack.

If it turns out she is not who she says she is, I will fill a twinge of sadness and my life will go on. She will not have harmed me.

It really, really does bother me how a part of our community treats new and young people here. It really, really does not make me feel good.

I am done.
this might be a bit of a derail, but the ageism issue has come up in a few threads recently, and i think i'm one of the youngest posters here so it's made me stop and think.

i found this community shortly after i turned 24 and it's definitely changed my life and i'm really grateful for it.

there've been a few cases where i've felt people were condescending towards me because of my age, but thankfully those have been relatively few and far between.

i'm grateful that there are people here who actively want to welcome younger people and who value what we have to say. not only that, but people who want (and are willing to support) our participation fully in the community - it meant a lot to me to get a scholarship to the reunion and to have people ask me and follow up with me about being able to go. and to have people just continuously engage with me through rep comments, posts, and pms. i have almost always felt welcomed and valued here.

i definitely wouldn't want anyone to leave because they felt attacked on the basis of age. (or because they felt like they did/said something stupid...i think we've all done that here more than a few times. i know i have, and often it had nothing to do with age.)
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #125
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,426 Times in 2,979 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I lol'd at this.

I use my Wii Fit Plus board to weigh myself and get my body fat measurements - I like it better than the VA scales because they got me weighing 20lbs heavier than my WFP

But every time I step onto my WFP board, the damn thing says, "OH!" ... as if I am so damn heavy even the machine cant take it!

And when my body fat measurement comes up, she tells me, "That's obese!" as if I dont already know that!

I hate that damn thing - she's so mean. lol

eta: ugh - I totally want to eat now! lol
Haha! I HATE that "OH", and I don't think I even warrant an "OH".
Now, if it were "ooooohhhhh", I could deal, but really?!?
She makes me very angry sometimes.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #126
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,291 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I understood it whan I was carrying around the basketball sized mini me, but damn give a guy a break, OH indeed!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #127
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

I'm all for a community of diversity, however, I don't believe in excusing people's behavior because of X (pick age or whatever you'd like). Yes, I can see how some mistakes can be made because of someone's inexperience with the website; yes, I did see some extremely vicious posts in response to the OP, but I would expect a person who is a PhD candidate from MIT to be able to understand where the conflict is coming from and why, and to formulate a response. At 23 I worked full time, went to school, and was paying a mortgage. 23 is adulthood. Young adulthood yes, but still adulthood.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #128
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,731 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
LOL thee Almighty BullDog was not granting you any permission. Eyeball roll.

EDIT: I am really going to try and make this my last post here because this is truly ridiculous.

I see a new young person that as far as I know is a young 23 year butch. I think what a difference it would have made if I could have found a butch femme community at that age, and I hope for the best and give the kid some slack.

If it turns out she is not who she says she is, I will fill a twinge of sadness and my life will go on. She will not have harmed me.

It really, really does bother me how a part of our community treats new and young people here. It really, really does not make me feel good.

I am done.
Again i dont get it... So what age is appropriate to engage in questioning statements and facts that seem downright questionable?..... 30...35?

and how long do we have to wait for the new member to respond to not one but many questionable statements?..... 6 months.....1 year?

So what changes in that time as far as our facts and "treatment" goes?

I thought treatment had to do with how we asked,what we said, how we said it,

I didnt realize that just questioning the validity/facts was outright poor treatment.

I was raised that if it smells like poop.... go ahead call it poop!

and/or its ok to question things and encouraged at times to do so.....

While using respectfull language.

I will stand by how my mom taught me!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #129
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,106 Times in 15,673 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation I'm a meatball:/

The Wii fitness voice is a SADIST!!!!

*measuring* measuring*
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #130
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Understand I do have issues with people misrepresenting themselves. I also have issues with folks piling on. One thing I will say is that knowing a few introverts who are on the genius side of life, sometimes the social ques are not the same as the rest of the extrovert world. I will allow a young person more latitude than someone who has been on forums as long as I have. There is a learning curve, we all were at one point newbies.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #131
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post

*measuring* measuring*
LMAO! Okay, I admit, sometimes I want to snuff out that voice!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #132
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,757 Times in 4,468 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
Again i dont get it... So what age is appropriate to engage in questioning statements and facts that seem downright questionable?..... 30...35?

and how long do we have to wait for the new member to respond to not one but many questionable statements?..... 6 months.....1 year?

So what changes in that time as far as our facts and "treatment" goes?

I thought treatment had to do with how we asked,what we said, how we said it,

I didnt realize that just questioning the validity/facts was outright poor treatment.

I was raised that if it smells like poop.... go ahead call it poop!

and/or its ok to question things and encouraged at times to do so.....

While using respectfull language.

I will stand by how my mom taught me!
Yes the "poop" has been called out by you and several others multiple times.

What do you want, blood?

People can always contact Admin if they think it's a serious issue.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #133
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Understand I do have issues with people misrepresenting themselves. I also have issues with folks piling on. One thing I will say is that knowing a few introverts who are on the genius side of life, sometimes the social ques are not the same as the rest of the extrovert world. I will allow a young person more latitude than someone who has been on forums as long as I have. There is a learning curve, we all were at one point newbies.
So true Corkey!!!!

We were all new at one point and some of us had peeps that helped us get the hang of it all. Some don't/didn't.

Just as aishah said, we've all (many) have done things we are not proud of, whether it was saying things without thinking, coming from a place of naivety, non-rational thinking, projecting, anger, etc.

No one is perfect. Not even us queers. We all make mistakes.

IMO life is a journey, we try new waters and grow. Hopefully we listen and learn as well and not give up even when the waters turn rough.

Hopefully that will be the case here.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #134
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,731 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Yes the "poop" has been called out by you and several others multiple times.

What do you want, blood?

People can always contact Admin if they think it's a serious issue.
and people CAN comment about it ... in these are forums...threads where we can discuss and post and have the right to do so while following the TOS.

again just because we dont agree or believe the same doesnt mean its poor treatment.

What i would like?... only cuz you asked!.....sounded like you were asking me from the blood ? .... is to be able to call poop-poop and respond and/or question facts without it being some how called poor treatment.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #135
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,757 Times in 4,468 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

It feels seriously shitty to me and that is my honest opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

Edit: what I feel is shitty is for people to keep hammering away.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #136
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

So far there hasn't been an instance where the OP has broken the TOS, but this piling on is getting old. If you have an issue with the OP please take it to the Mods and leave the rest of us to Our opinion. Thanks.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #137
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:
call me crazy working on me!

Thanked 1,334 Times in 367 Posts
CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe she is stretching the truth for attention or maybe she is missing something in her life, lies are never good regardless and I do not believe her age plays into anything im just a few years older and know lies get no one anywhere, I dont tolerate lies but I also try to stop and put myself in the persons shoes she obviously is doing it for one reason or another has anyone stopped to ask her Steph what's making you stretch the truth we will accept you without the lies and your safe here so just explain why I am always here as a listening ear
CharmingButch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #138
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quite honestly I'm a little sad Admin hasn't shut this thread down... This has gone way to far and to be honest... The truth will come out eventually....

Let it be already!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #139
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Quite honestly I'm a little sad Admin hasn't shut this thread down... This has gone way to far and to be honest... The truth will come out eventually....

Let it be already!
I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on, but I don't see anything that far out of line. I saw some shitty posts, yes, but nothing I haven't seen before, and I'm not even sure they broke any TOS. I see a lot of posts where people are questioning the OP's statements because they are quite fantastic, but like so many of these types of threads, when the OP doesn't return to respond to even the most neutral and sincerest of questions, it leads to speculation by others who have already posted. And like other threads before this, if the OP never comes back, it'll be chalked up to another hoax and everyone will forget about it.

Last edited by QueenofSmirks; 08-29-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Edited to add that yes, I agree calling people "liars" is over the line, but there is much more to this thread than that.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #140
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:
call me crazy working on me!

Thanked 1,334 Times in 367 Posts
CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

I apologize I didn't mean anything bad, hope everyone has a good evening
CharmingButch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post: