Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 07-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #121
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,937 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Keri,today I went garage sale hopping,to .To bad u arent close cause you would have had a blast going.I pickerd up a clasical guitar for ten bucks thats a bit dusty and a fue strings short at all six,then a pro qulity key bord with sheet music for 20.00,now im on a quest for three more things I have been looking for..a banjo,a set of drums along with a fiddle.I can play by ear pretty good..its been a long time sence I played and I am wanting to do it all over again.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #122
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,014 Times in 610 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Rockin,
Wow I can't believe I missed your post. How exciting for you to get back into playing music! With all the instruments you want to acquire, you must have a lot of musical talent. I hope you are making progress and enjoying yourself. I used to play a decent guitar myself years ago. I still fantasize about singing with a band. Guess it would be a geezer band now, LOL But so what as long as we are having fun. I'm not real interested in oldies though and would like to do more current music, maybe even a little (very little) rap. I love the energy of hip hop too.

To all you silver folk. I hope you are happy and healthy out there. Stop in and chat.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #123
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Rockin,
Wow I can't believe I missed your post. How exciting for you to get back into playing music! With all the instruments you want to acquire, you must have a lot of musical talent. I hope you are making progress and enjoying yourself. I used to play a decent guitar myself years ago. I still fantasize about singing with a band. Guess it would be a geezer band now, LOL But so what as long as we are having fun. I'm not real interested in oldies though and would like to do more current music, maybe even a little (very little) rap. I love the energy of hip hop too.

To all you silver folk. I hope you are happy and healthy out there. Stop in and chat.
Smooches,
Keri

Hello to u,glad to hear from u.
Well we need a singer for the pool hall junkies band,its a hodge podge of folks who had the crazy idea we could do this music thing.We get together a couple of times a week to play some tunes.Last time we actualy were playing things that sound fairly well considering all of us are just reliveing what we missed a lomg time ago.
This weekend i'm going to a couple of garage sales to see what I can find,even if I dont find a thing it will be fun to go and get out before it gets really cold,at the moment its is 60* breezy and my joints hurt.I got the heads up on an estate sale thats comeing up in an older part of town where they have familys that have lived in these big old houses for generations..heck they have no idea what thay have a lot of times.Once I went to one that had the sttic door open and a sign on it that said $50.00 take ur pick and did I ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #124
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Rockin
You definetly seem to be one of those people who once they make their minds up to do something, just go out and get it done. How fun that you are in a band! I've been contemplating trying to do something like that at church. We don't have a music person right now, and I don't have the skills to do that anyway, but I've been thinking that if we could get a few people together who play some kind of instrument, along with a few singers, we could maybe at least do a song every week or month... and hopefully it will kind of overflow into other music as well.

I will use you as my inspiration!
Smooches,
Keri
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #125
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Rockin
You definetly seem to be one of those people who once they make their minds up to do something, just go out and get it done. How fun that you are in a band! I've been contemplating trying to do something like that at church. We don't have a music person right now, and I don't have the skills to do that anyway, but I've been thinking that if we could get a few people together who play some kind of instrument, along with a few singers, we could maybe at least do a song every week or month... and hopefully it will kind of overflow into other music as well.

I will use you as my inspiration!
Smooches,
Keri

Keri That sounds great,all u need is someone who can play a piano or keybord,keybords are great cause all u can do is add the background then play the keys.I saw one that will flash the keys so all anyone had to do was keep up with them.Today I ordered a cd on how to play a violin it's next best to an instructor...I did get a violin but for only haveing 4 strings its the hardest thing I have ever had to keep tuned cause it is tuned from the bottom not the keys on top,its doable and fun.My fur kids sing(howel) along with us when we playesp the violin..great fun.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #126
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hey Rockin,
That's the biggest problem for me in trying to pick up the guitar and play it again - the tuning part. It was always hard for me to tune, but I did eventually learn to do it fairly quickly (like 5 minutes) I am not good at hearing the differences in the notes. Now I can't even get it tuned right with an electronic tuner. I have no trouble finding voice notes and never need a beginning note prompt, so I don't understand why I have so much trouble with musical instruments. I also have an auto harp that I dearly love and I haven't been able to play it in years because I can't tune it. It has way more strings than a guitar, so it's kind of a lost cause for me.

Your "singing" dogs reminded me of my little poodle who died years ago. She loved to sing and especially loved songs that started with the word "Oh", like Unchained Melody (Oh my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch) and Oh Holy Night. She was so much fun.

You are amazing - you're going to teach yourself violin, the hardest instrument there is, with a CD. All right now! I want to hear about the progress you're making.
Smooches, Mr Music,
Keri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Keri That sounds great,all u need is someone who can play a piano or keybord,keybords are great cause all u can do is add the background then play the keys.I saw one that will flash the keys so all anyone had to do was keep up with them.Today I ordered a cd on how to play a violin it's next best to an instructor...I did get a violin but for only haveing 4 strings its the hardest thing I have ever had to keep tuned cause it is tuned from the bottom not the keys on top,its doable and fun.My fur kids sing(howel) along with us when we playesp the violin..great fun.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #127
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Keri I'm not shure how good it will turn out with the violin,better word hear is fiddle,as we have some band groups that play good old mountain music or the tunes from down south Louisiana most of them never had a lesson...so there is hope I gess.So far i'm able to make clear clean notes without a warbble or bounce of the bow most times so thats progress.I have an digital tuner to clamp on both the guitar and fiddle so its not to bad.Mostly i'm a mad drummer from hell but don't have a space to put them ...yet.My son knows me a an eqestrean with a mission but this has him shakeing his head.Oh well I keep him on his toes as life dosn't get boreing hear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #128
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey ....

Can a 57 yr old guy join you in here ???
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #129
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbonaire View Post
Sure ya can, you young whipper snapper! LOL Welcome Darbonaire!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #130
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Shure, hop right on in and wellcome.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #131
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default LOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybcn View Post

Why thanks Rocky !!! Much appreciated !!!....<grin>
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #132
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Well, I guess it will be all right, but you have to promise to act like a geezer, LOL

Welcome,
Smooches,
Keri

Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #133
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hey Rocky,
Are you back in the States yet?
Smooches,
Keri

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybcn View Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #134
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Default LOL

Quote:
Well, I guess it will be all right, but you have to promise to act like a geezer, LOL

Welcome,
Smooches,
Keri
Yes ma'am....<hobbling to my chair>.....LOLOLOL
Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #135
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

OK you're in, LOL
smooches,
Keri

Quote:
Yes ma'am....<hobbling to my chair>.....LOLOLOL
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #136
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey Rocky,
Are you back in the States yet?
Smooches,
Keri
Not back yet Keri....in december I will touch ground in the good ol USA.
The job I had planned on was in Houston,but it fell through.
I am looking to find employment in Florida. I have some friends there and I think it will be a better place for me weather wise.
Anyways....how the heck is everybody? Everyone behaving yourself? LOL
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #137
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Bump,bump hellllllllloooooooooooooooo any body home???Roll call please and thank you...whats been going on folks??
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #138
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation
Default Almost 60...by May2013

Hi everyone
I have been away for awhile but I miss my online BFP community.
I often say to myself WOW in May I will celebrate my 60th birthday.
I feel peaceful and happy.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #139
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Back in thread after a long time

It's been a long time since I have popped in here. I am not sure that most of you know that Janii passed away in December and she is so missed. She had complications from a knee surgery and got a blood clot that couldn't be fixed. She passed away on her partner's (Shay) birthday. So sad.... So my heart has not been in getting on here.

But I'm back and doing well. I also hope all of you are well and living life to the fullest extent of your abilities. I went back to the beginning of this thread and re-read all the posts and I am not sure anyone is still posting here? IF you are - let me know. I've been around for awhile..

Humor is a big part of my life. Laughter is an instant vacation so I find humor in almost everything. I have been finding corn cobs laying around my yard. Who is feeding the squirrels and why can't the squirrels leave the corn cobs in *their* yard?

Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #140
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation
Default Well, you are in Kansas...

Isn't that where the corn is as high as an elephants eye?

Maybe they're left-overs from your neighbor's last BBQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
It's been a long time since I have popped in here. I am not sure that most of you know that Janii passed away in December and she is so missed. She had complications from a knee surgery and got a blood clot that couldn't be fixed. She passed away on her partner's (Shay) birthday. So sad.... So my heart has not been in getting on here.

But I'm back and doing well. I also hope all of you are well and living life to the fullest extent of your abilities. I went back to the beginning of this thread and re-read all the posts and I am not sure anyone is still posting here? IF you are - let me know. I've been around for awhile..

Humor is a big part of my life. Laughter is an instant vacation so I find humor in almost everything. I have been finding corn cobs laying around my yard. Who is feeding the squirrels and why can't the squirrels leave the corn cobs in *their* yard?

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote