Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #161
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,291 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I personally have loads of time to spend here, I get in my workouts and I do all sorts of stuff while logged in. I don't see why stalking someone is proof of anything. If you do, why does it matter to you? Geezus it's starting to feel like an inquisition here.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #162
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,778 Times in 958 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Good lord.

I'm still trying to fathom why people care so much about this individual? Log on and log off times? Really? Wow. Just wow.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #163
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Way to roll out the welcome wagon there....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #164
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,739 Times in 5,099 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I think log in/log off times are not really fair because a lot of us minimize our screen and don't log off. I do that all the time.

As for the pinch method, that I'm curious about, just because!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #165
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.livestrong.com/body-fat-pinch-test/
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #166
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I've had the pinch, it is a caliper like instrument that measures the amount of belly fat one has, or doesn't as the case may be, way back when I was on the swim team and doing track n basketball. All weather athlete in my day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #167
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,884 Times in 5,774 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I think log in/log off times are not really fair because a lot of us minimize our screen and don't log off. I do that all the time.

As for the pinch method, that I'm curious about, just because!
I don't know how to see my own log in/off times. I didn't even know they existed. Hell, it was exciting when tantalizing opened my eyes to "today's posts"...and that thing where you can see where people are...I forget that one now.

And yes, I leave mine up all the time, but doesn't it switch to showing we are not on or something/not active?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #168
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I don't know how to see my own log in/off times. I didn't even know they existed. Hell, it was exciting when tantalizing opened my eyes to "today's posts"...and that thing where you can see where people are...I forget that one now.

And yes, I leave mine up all the time, but doesn't it switch to showing we are not on or something/not active?
Only if you've turned off your computer n cleared your history, or if you've been inactive well over an hour or more, but I'm logged in all the time, n just clear history.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #169
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

Not sure, but I often have a screen up at home and just wander away for hours, doesn't mean I'm, for ex, spending hours on someone's profile
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #170
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,056 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Not sure, but I often have a screen up at home and just wander away for hours, doesn't mean I'm, for ex, spending hours on someone's profile

Stop pretending you don't spend hours staring at my profile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #171
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

*needs to pay for a subscription so i can hide and people can't figure out i've been staring at corkey, nycfembbw and islandscout's profiles*

shh.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #172
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
Stella-Thanks for worrying. I keep up my nutrition, so I'm not worried (I probably should as I get older)
***stephfromMIT... you and i should talk... i'm also extremely fit, athletic, and have my nutrition on point.

i bike, i run, and weight lift...

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #173
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,656 Times in 7,653 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
I'm getting a Pap tomorrow, I hope I'm cleared to play, too.

Considering the Militia season ended in July, your PAP might be a moot point.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #174
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***stephfromMIT... you and i should talk... i'm also extremely fit, athletic, and have my nutrition on point.

i bike, i run, and weight lift...
BUT do you have 3% body fat?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #175
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:

tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My calithestics are:

425 Situps
295 Pushups
180 Chinups
***geeeeezus!! will you be my trainer?? and if i felt like stopping would you push me beyond??

SERIOUS.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #176
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:

Quote:
BUT do you have 3% body fat?
***no i have in the range of 12%-14%, yet remain at 111 lbs.

i do have an athletic build, but just not cut/defined.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #177
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,024 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just for shiggles, I had my body fat measured. I have 3% body fat! I saw that, and thought,"Knew I was lean, didn't realize I was that lean!"
Uhhh...are you sure? The lowest pro body builders are able to get without serious health repercussions is 4-5% body fat...and that's during competition season when they're eating to maintain it. During the off season, not even body builders can maintain a fat percentage that low. The diet you'd need to maintain it would not be feasible over a long term period. Most high level athletes generally sit around 7-10% though it can depend on the sport...

Was it the doctor who actually performed the caliper test? Calipers are seen as one of the more accurate ways of measuring body fat, but if used by someone who isn't certified to use them you can definitely get just as inaccurate a reading as with a Tanita or other similar methods (which can be as high as 10% off).
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #178
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Genetics plays an important roll in our bodies. How many fat cells we carry n so on. Which is why we are all unique and should celebrate that, instead of grilling folks on their physique. SMH
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #179
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Wow...well for some reason that I can not manage to figure out I actually read all freakin 9 pages of this...(whatever it is) and I really want my 15 minutes of my life back.

Ok now for my unsolicited .02 cents. Who give two hoots! I am having a hard time grasping why this has turned stirred the crap over someone's apparent body fat.

Another issue I see here is let's just assume for a moment that she does indeed have 3% body fat. That is her choice and her body. I don't see how one can come and tell someone they are not within healthy body fat% Sure 3% is definitely low for women especially of child bearing age but in reality all that is going to do if she is the height and weight she claims then it will simply in most cases cease menustration or her ability to get pregnant. No big deal. I am sure if she is receiving physicals her actual Dr. would have discussed any possible risks or red flags.

Secondly I think it is rather absurd for anyone to tell her she has an unhealthy body% percentage. I think if we all posted ours here there would be a good portion that are high enough to be considered VERY unhealthy. Which of course I don't think very many of us think it is ok to single that person's % and to lecture them in a non supportive way.

Thirdly I definitely agree with others who have posted that it is indeed creepy to be monitoring someones log on and log off times. The ironic part of that is that the admitted while questioning the OP being able to have a life if logged in all the time. Umm...well if you have the time to monitor someone's log in and log off patterns then I think it might be time for a hobby.

Lastly, I personally agree with those that said wtf about why this thread was even started. Some saying it was a self focused thread to boast and for attention but there are plenty of threads like that. Some of them even titled as the persons personal space or so and so's corner....I just don't see the difference.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #180
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Sure 3% is definitely low for women especially of child bearing age but in reality all that is going to do if she is the height and weight she claims then it will simply in most cases cease menustration or her ability to get pregnant. No big deal.
it is a big deal, in the sense that below a certain percentage your body literally does not have enough fat to sustain life and it causes lifelong health repercussions. not just infertility. this goes beyond genetics or life choices. below a certain body fat percentage is actually extremely, immediately dangerous. i'm really hoping that the doctor got that number wrong.

obviously it's someone's individual choice to do that and i respect their choice. i guess i should keep that to myself now - i have a high body fat percentage (though not immediately life-threateningly high) at this point in my life and people do go all wacko on me about it sometimes and that sucks. but i do know a lot of people who don't realize the damage that overexercising or undereating or maintaining an extremely low body fat % can do to their bodies because it's not talked about as much, and i wish that i had known and had someone to support me, so i felt the need to speak up at least. i also really worry about that kind of standard being glorified here.

it's individual choice and i respect people's choice. i just worry. sorry about that.

(edited to add: and to put it in perspective, for women, below 11% is the point at which you usually lose your period and are at risk for infertility and osteoporosis. below 8% is the point at which your immune system is compromised and you start having issues with fatigue, being cold, memory problems, blackouts, etc. even men cannot maintain below 5% for long periods of time, as ender pointed out.)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: