Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #1321
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
I am home now with my cats. It feels good. I get my MRI on the 16th to check things out in my head. I feel ok and getting a few things cleaned up around here. I left Moms on my own. She just wouldn't let up. I couldnt even put the blanket on the bed right. Had enough. When I was there she took very good care of me and I was very comfortable. I believe I over stayed my welcome. She also had a very hard time seeing me with that stuff and not being well. I do love my Mom very much. Its just been hard on all of us. I could eat as much as 3 horses and now I am eating barely enough to keep a mouse alive. Getting better with my appetite. 17 hits of radiation doesn't help either. Seeing the Dr. on the 20th to look at the MRI pictures. As long as things look good I am going to ask for 2 more weeks off then back to work. If things don't work out at work I will be able to retire comfortably. I want to work another year to teach that cancer that it didn't win. I did !

My heart goes out to us all. We will fight the fight and win !
Thank you for reading and caring the way you all do.

Sheila
Hi Shelia, Home with my cats is my favourite place to be ! Hoping your appetite comes back and you can build your strength to get back to work, I get how you feel you want to be able to return. Wishing you gentle days,

Daisy

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #1322
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
I am home now with my cats. It feels good. I get my MRI on the 16th to check things out in my head. I feel ok and getting a few things cleaned up around here. I left Moms on my own. She just wouldn't let up. I couldnt even put the blanket on the bed right. Had enough. When I was there she took very good care of me and I was very comfortable. I believe I over stayed my welcome. She also had a very hard time seeing me with that stuff and not being well. I do love my Mom very much. Its just been hard on all of us. I could eat as much as 3 horses and now I am eating barely enough to keep a mouse alive. Getting better with my appetite. 17 hits of radiation doesn't help either. Seeing the Dr. on the 20th to look at the MRI pictures. As long as things look good I am going to ask for 2 more weeks off then back to work. If things don't work out at work I will be able to retire comfortably. I want to work another year to teach that cancer that it didn't win. I did !

My heart goes out to us all. We will fight the fight and win !
Thank you for reading and caring the way you all do.

Sheila
I'm glad you're home. That radiation buildup can be hard. When I was in it it was even harder than chemo sometimes and the lasting effects on my skin and muscle in the area that was hit is permanently changed. Hoping for a quick easy MRI, positive results, and a smooth transition back into your new normal.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #1323
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
My spouse’s oldest daughter who lives in Indiana had told us she has liver cancer. We were waiting for all her tests to come back. Today she called and said it’s stage 4 and they are giving her maybe a year. My spouse is heartbroken and is not taking this well at all. Her daughter and her husband are flying out here a week after Easter to see us all one last time. I feel so helpless.
I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to your whole family...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #1324
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Mom got her CT scan today. We'll know next Tuesday if the cancer is gone. If it's gone I will be throwing her a "Kicked Cancer's Ass" party!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #1325
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Mom got her CT scan today. We'll know next Tuesday if the cancer is gone. If it's gone I will be throwing her a "Kicked Cancer's Ass" party!
Sending you both gentle hugs & positive energies for an "all clean" report! Know you are in my thoughts always my friend!
Old 04-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #1326
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Sending you both gentle hugs & positive energies for an "all clean" report! Know you are in my thoughts always my friend!
Thank you, Clay. It is much appreciated. Everyone here has been super supportive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #1327
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Good vibes sent to all caregivers and kudos for doing what yall do.

My birth mother had hospice care along with one of my sisters helping her last 2 months of life. I have a ton of appreciation for how yall handle and do what yall do.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #1328
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My yearly CEA levels are great!! My tumor marker levels are <.5...so I am really happy about that! Dec 2017 was my 6th year cancer free!

My other labs were not so great. The extensive colon resection causes periods of being anemic. Now is one of those. Extremely so!
Pending , I start IV Infusion therapy in 2 weeks for 10 weeks and my monthly B12 shots will go to every other week during that time.

I have been extremely fatigued, having cardiac arrhythmias, and just stay sleepy all the time, have to get frequent naps in....my appetite sucks.....

BUT, I will bounce back, I just want to sit & rest ALL the time! I have little energy to do most anything ATM.

Thanks for listening......love to you all....
Old 04-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #1329
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Today we find out if my mom's cancer is gone. I am nervous. I am sure she's is a wreck. I had to come to school to study but I am finding it hard to focus.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 07:21 AM   #1330
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Today we find out if my mom's cancer is gone. I am nervous. I am sure she's is a wreck. I had to come to school to study but I am finding it hard to focus.
Sending positive energies & good juju, wrang!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #1331
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My yearly CEA levels are great!! My tumor marker levels are <.5...so I am really happy about that! Dec 2017 was my 6th year cancer free!

My other labs were not so great. The extensive colon resection causes periods of being anemic. Now is one of those. Extremely so!
Pending , I start IV Infusion therapy in 2 weeks for 10 weeks and my monthly B12 shots will go to every other week during that time.

I have been extremely fatigued, having cardiac arrhythmias, and just stay sleepy all the time, have to get frequent naps in....my appetite sucks.....

BUT, I will bounce back, I just want to sit & rest ALL the time! I have little energy to do most anything ATM.

Thanks for listening......love to you all....
Damn this anemia...last night was an hour & 15 min of an arrhythmia.......siggghh...come insurance company...let's get going here.....low hgb makes for low iron in cells & blood which plays havoc with the ole ticker!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #1332
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Sending positive energies & good juju, wrang!

Thanks for always being supportive, Clay. It's much appreciated. I am sending good juju right back to you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 07:32 AM   #1333
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thanks for always being supportive, Clay. It's much appreciated. I am sending good juju right back to you!
YVW my friend! Thank you as well...you are indeed a very warm, compassionate friend to me as well!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #1334
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Good news and bad news. The spots are still there and she has two more months of chemo. The good news is the spots are smaller. Her CA125 is within normal range. After chemo they will just monitor her through weekly labs.

Needless to say she's extremely disappointed.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #1335
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Good news and bad news. The spots are still there and she has two more months of chemo. The good news is the spots are smaller. Her CA125 is within normal range. After chemo they will just monitor her through weekly labs.

Needless to say she's extremely disappointed.
Glad to hear CA 125 is now "wnl". I am sorry to hear more chemo. Hang in there my friend!!

Know you both are in my thoughts & prayers buddy!!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:00 AM   #1336
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Hopefully today is mom's last chemo (I know I've said this before). She was unable to get it last week because she had neutropenia. Her neutrophils (WBCs) were dangerously low. Hopefully she's within a range that will allow her to get it. We shall see.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 06:16 AM   #1337
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hopefully today is mom's last chemo (I know I've said this before). She was unable to get it last week because she had neutropenia. Her neutrophils (WBCs) were dangerously low. Hopefully she's within a range that will allow her to get it. We shall see.
Fingers crossed she can get this last one done with, best of luck

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #1338
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hey wrang...sending mom & you gentle hugs! Hey, no worries...life does happen sometimes, so things have to be changed. I will be keeping you both close in thoughts & sending positive light your way. Wishing all the best possible outcomes for her, wrang!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #1339
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

UPDATE: Tomorrow should be my last IV infusion at the oncologists.... I am feeling a bit better with the 8 I have gotten. I am now back to monthly B12 injections (I give those to myself). My hemoglobin is up to 11, so will recheck tomorrow. My ferritin levels have come back up greatly...were down to 8. Am hopeful my RBC's will be in much better range this next lab draw, hopefully! I will be seeing the oncologist every 4 months instead of yearly.
Overall I am feeling a bit more energized now... Thank you all for continually supporting me & keeping me in some good juju! Wishing us all brighter days to come.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #1340
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
UPDATE: Tomorrow should be my last IV infusion at the oncologists.... I am feeling a bit better with the 8 I have gotten. I am now back to monthly B12 injections (I give those to myself). My hemoglobin is up to 11, so will recheck tomorrow. My ferritin levels have come back up greatly...were down to 8. Am hopeful my RBC's will be in much better range this next lab draw, hopefully! I will be seeing the oncologist every 4 months instead of yearly.
Overall I am feeling a bit more energized now... Thank you all for continually supporting me & keeping me in some good juju! Wishing us all brighter days to come.
So you are winning some battles there ! Good !! Sending lots of positivity that things will continue to improve my friend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post: