Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #101
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Myth (that baffles me) : all soft butches, bi, androgynous, switches, butches with more feminine traits than masculine, TG persons, butches who don't pack or strap, butches who are attracted to butches are somehow less than any other identity or strongly masculine person. I have seen soft butches or butches that are submissive and bi folks treated like they are " lower on the hierarchy "... this happens because of the myth they are less than and therefore aren't taken serious. It kills me to see this and see anyone on the LGBTQW spectrum " pushed out" if space and less respected.

Myth : femmes are not sissies nor are they less than. They do not do " sissy jobs" because they are feminine or less strong physically.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #102
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

That I'll want to have bottom surgery, and if I do I'll want to tell everyone about it, including those outside of our community. That I cannot be attracted to men, and if I am, it's because I am totally 100% gay, and not also attracted to women. That I can't enjoy Hello Kitty or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because that totally takes away any cred I receive from passing and T. That I wear a binder all the time.
Love this thread.
~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #103
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Myth: All TG are going to take T and have SRS.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #104
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I do understand anyone can quote a post as a jumping off point, we all do it. What bothered me were the "facts" that proceeded.Usually we jump off other post to continue to make a statement, or to agree with.

Didn't seem like either to me.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #105
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
MYTH: That all butch'es are born with knowledge on how to fix cars, do home repairs, mason, carpentry, painters, plumbers, electricity, shocking fact. Not all. Some only know 3/4 of these expectancy.
I don't know if people actually think butches are BORN with this knowledge. However, that is what "house bois" are for *grin*

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #106
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
adding Stone in there

I'm not trying to be a wiseass, but this was curious to me. Are you using the term stone as its own gender identity?

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #107
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Women aren't good at math.
I'm not, but I know plenty who are!!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #108
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I'm not trying to be a wiseass, but this was curious to me. Are you using the term stone as its own gender identity?

just sharing info,.... yes some use the term stone as a gender expression/identity, in and of itself.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #109
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Myth (that baffles me) : all soft butches, bi, androgynous, switches, butches with more feminine traits than masculine, TG persons, butches who don't pack or strap, butches who are attracted to butches are somehow less than any other identity or strongly masculine person. I have seen soft butches or butches that are submissive and bi folks treated like they are " lower on the hierarchy "... this happens because of the myth they are less than and therefore aren't taken serious. It kills me to see this and see anyone on the LGBTQW spectrum " pushed out" if space and less respected.

Myth : femmes are not sissies nor are they less than. They do not do " sissy jobs" because they are feminine or less strong physically.
Woops I goofed on the last one... myth: femmes ARE SISSIES and they are less than because we are less strong physically. Myth : femmes do sissy jobs because we can't handle heavy manual labor.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:

Tags
binary, butch, femme, guys, myths