Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #41
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Just a heads up.............this starts Saturday May 20th
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #42
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
NGipXO3OmFw (YouTube video i.d.)

Just a heads up.............this starts Saturday May 20th
Thanks homoe for posting about the latest new HBO movie series offering: The Wizard of Lies (starring Robert DeNiro and Michelle Pfeiffer as Bernie Maddoff and his wife Ruth).

I came across a news story about it, authored by Courtney Cox on Today. There was an priceless statement by Robert DeNiro at the very end of the story, but no one would ever know that editors deleted DeNiro's priceless statement about 45....I'm guessing they edited it within a couple of hours after it rippled across the news wires. I called my bff (C) to have her dvr the HBO movie so I can see it next week.

Link to edited by-line story in Today:

http://www.today.com/home/wizard-lie...photos-t111657

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:19 AM   #43
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Keepers Netflix........... A seven-part docuseries about the unsolved murder of a nun Sister Cathy Cesnik and the horrific secrets and pain that linger nearly five decades after her death.

WOW I'm speechless just speechless!
Old 05-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #44
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The Keepers netflix........... A seven-part docuseries about the unsolved murder of a nun Sister Cathy Cesnik and the horrific secrets and pain that linger nearly five decades after her death.

WOW I'm speechless just speechless!
Here's an link to an superbly written article, from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42308790eab4

As an sexual assault survivor, I know what it feels like to be silenced, not believed, doubted. I hope the docuseries proves useful in helping others to understand how terrible it is for those of us who know first hand how this feels.

Thanks for the heads up, homoe.

_____ ______
Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #45
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Love Connection hosted by Andy Cohen Thursday nights Fox network

I taped and watched this basically to see how it compares to the very classy "First Date" produced by Ellen!

I am only expressing MY opinion here":

They've made a few changes to the original Love Connection hosted by Chuck Woolery. Scoring someone's attractiveness by first impressions, and offering a 10 thousand dollar "prize" if the contestant discards their choice for the second date and goes with the audiences pick.

This first episode went fairly well, but I can see this soon deteriorating into a real bloodbath purely for either shock value or ratings! By comparison, it falters greatly IMHO
Old 05-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #46
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Starts June 5th on HBO...........
Old 05-29-2017, 07:39 AM   #47
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I liked Love Connection but I liked the original too. I do enjoy First Dates more because it has some whimsy to it. I saw Beat Shazam and even though I like Jamie Foxx, I don't think it will last. It is highly impressive how fast some of the folks could pick out a song, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 04:05 AM   #48
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The Day It Snowed In Miami............

PBS is re-ruining this again (2014) and it's a look back of the LGBT-rights movement in Florida's Miami-Dade County

It focuses on when gay rights activists and conservative singer Anita Bryant fought over the passage of the human rights ordinance, which prevented discrimination based on sexual orientation. The documentary shows how it galvanized the gay rights movement in Florida and beyond. Bryant lead a hateful campaign to get it appealed and won! It took more than 20 years for the law to get passed again.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:10 AM   #49
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Independent Lens PBS...........

Real Boy

Real Boy is an story of a family in transition. As 19-year-old Bennett Wallace navigates early sobriety, late adolescence, and the evolution of his gender identity, his mother makes her own transformation from resistance to acceptance of her trans son. Along the way, both mother and son find support in their communities, reminding us that families are not only given, but chosen.

This aired last night but hopefully they'll run it again during the summer in re-runs.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #50
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Sunday June 25th .....

Just a heads up that PBS will be running the prequel to Prime Suspect with Stefanie Martini in the iconic role immortalized by Helen Mirren. Prime Suspect: Tennison airs in three riveting 90-minute episodes airing on MASTERPIECE Mystery!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default June 28th.....

Just another heads up that..........

Broadchurch Season 3 Premieres June 28 on the BBC
Old 07-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #52
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Gypsy Netflix........

Started watching this and for some reason it minds me of a cross between Nurse Jackie and Big Little Lies. Very interesting premises I have to say, haven't seen much like it before as I recall. I'm enjoying it so far, check it out and see what you think
Old 07-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #53
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default HBO....

Tour de Pharmacy, staring :Adam Sandler

A mockumentary on doping at the Tour de France. Many more unexpected people turn up in Tour de Pharmacy, from Mike Tyson to J.J. Abrams to Phylicia Rashad, but the real ace in the hole is Lance Armstrong, who appears in poorly shrouded silhouette.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Netflix.........Ozark..............
Old 08-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #55
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Nobody Speak: Hulk Hogan, Gawker And Trials Of A Free Press (2017) NetFlix

The trial between Hulk Hogan and Gawker Media pitted privacy rights against freedom of the press, and raised important questions about how big money can silence media
Old 08-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #56
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Is anyone else watching Discovery Channel dramatization of the case of the Unabomber? I caught the first episode and liked it very much!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #57
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Nobody Speak: Hulk Hogan, Gawker And Trials Of A Free Press (2017) NetFlix

The trial between Hulk Hogan and Gawker Media pitted privacy rights against freedom of the press, and raised important questions about how big money can silence media
Oh, that looks like a good documentary to watch homoe!
I'm very interested in watching something like that. Will look it up on Netflix, shortly. *I found it*

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #58
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I think the Discovery Channel is also airing or will soon be airing one about Son of Sam as well! I will more than likely not watch that! Was there ever any reason given why he shot all those folks?
Old 08-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to watch The Tick on Prime in 3 weeks!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #60
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
I think the Discovery Channel is also airing or will soon be airing one about Son of Sam as well! I will more than likely not watch that! Was there ever any reason given why he shot all those folks?
I probably would not view it either. But I seem to remember that this event received tons of news coverage in the media
both on TV and in publications of newspapers or magazines.

_____ ______