Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

The Australian film, Animal Kingdom, on the Crackle channel through ROKU.

Enjoyed it more than the American television series.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #682
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

It's on HBO and not streaming, but Succession is sooooo good.

I watched the first 3 episodes and didn't get it, so i blew it off but when season 2 started i began to see more and more buzz about it so i went back and picked it up and got hooked. Now i am all caught up and have to wait until tonight for the new episode and a whole week before the finale.

The characters are twisted and shady and corrupt and deserve the guillotine, but Kieran Culkin makes you love him anyway, and it is a really fun ride in how you get there. Jeremy Strong, who plays his brother, also tugs at your heartstrings eventually even though he is a pathetic, venal little worm. None of them deserve ANYTHING good but you still feel bad when they shit on each other.

2 thumbs up!
Old 09-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #683
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Jessica Jones

Apparently, someone I know acts on that show. Now just waiting to see which character she plays.... I THINK i know, but it has not come to that episode yet.

I am excited though
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #684
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Just watched both seasons of Flea Bag. Fucking hilarious!
Old 09-22-2019, 06:31 PM   #685
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Imagine Miley Cyrus singing NIN's "Head like a Hole". No really, it was worth it! - an episode of Black Mirror from Season 5 called "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too".

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 03:03 AM   #686
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoyed the UK ones, I`m currently watching the French episodes but I`m struggling with the subtitles disappearing before I finish reading !

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 06:17 AM   #687
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Looking over the Emmy award winners..

Some shows I will check out now!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #688
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up The Morning Show

Just caught episode 1 of "The Morning Show" (Apple TV+), with Jennifer Aniston & Reese Witherspoon. Personally, have never been a super-fan of Aniston, but she was good on "Friends", but I liked "Friends" like everyone else because of the ensemble relationships; but all those beauty commercials made me groan... lol...

Having said the above, I must say, she is darn good in this TV drama. imdb ratings are pretty good, although it does list it as a comedy-drama. I don't get why they put in the word "comedy", as it is more of an engaging drama, for me at least. And, I was engaged and I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to see episode 2...

And, there was, of course, Reese Witherspoon, whom I really like (remember "Big Little Lies"); and the interaction between Witherspoon and Aniston is priceless.

Both actors are great. The writing is delicious and the show is highly entertaining and I think worth watching. The first episode also covered current issues like the #metoo movement, the coal-mining crisis, etc. Sure beats watching "Morning Joe".

There is also Steve Carell, whom I have never liked, but he plays the "bad guy", and he plays it so well (haha!).

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA7D4_qU9jo
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #689
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Better Things, Hulu

Women empowerment, gender fluid kids, single parenting, funny and serious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #690
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

On Epix I'm watching the drama series Godfather of Harlem.

It follows infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson (Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker), who returned home from ten years in prison in the early 1960s, only to find the streets he once ruled being controlled by the Italian mob, and more specifically by Genovese family boss Vincent “Chin” Gigante (Vincent D’Onofrio). In a fight to regain control, the battle leads him to form an alliance with Malcolm X (Nigél Thatch), at a time when social upheaval is tearing the city apart.

This series and cast is excellent....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #691
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Watchmen

Well, what can I say??? ummm....

trigger warnings!!!

as I began to to watch this sci-fi (alternate reality) TV series (HBO), I had to put it on stop after a minute or two in the beginning because of the horrific and apparent portrayal of gratuitous violence derived from the "The Tulsa race riot (also called the Tulsa massacre, Greenwood Massacre, or the Black Wall Street Massacre)" of 1921, a real event of which I was not aware of, and which I had to google and read about. It was more of a slaughter than a riot, what a disgusting and racist misnomer!!! Now, I am quite aware of how rotten & callous & unfeeling people involved in racism are, anyone who hates... but I really wasn't prepared for what transpired in the first few minutes... it was like I was there... so I began to fast-forward... and more tragic violence all over the place... good grief !!

I also had some problems with the complicated story-line, which I found too difficult to follow, at least for me. I really didn't understand what was going on, nor could I understand the point, the "why" of such episodes, of this series...

And, because of all the strange characters and scene-shifting, I also couldn't find anyone to relate to... It just seems that quite a few of these new modern sci-fi series are beyond anything I might enjoy... re-creations of some neurotic writer's nightmares.

So, after having sorta watched not more than half of the first two episodes, I will not be watching any more of this series.

In sum, I do not recommend this TV series.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #692
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

the Lizzie Borden Chronicles... love christina ricci

now I am workin on The Matrix trilogy love carrie anne moss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 06:41 AM   #693
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool The Mandalorian

Since I like sci-fi, I've already watched episode 1 of the new Disney+ The Mandalorian. It seems like there will be 8 episodes in first season, coming out throughout Nov and Dec. Much fun, I guess, especially for kids of all ages... and completely in the Star Wars tradition. So, a lot of shoot 'em up scenes. The CGI and world-construction were really good.

It is a sci-fi / western type of series, with The Mandalorian being a very Clint Eastwood-esque bounty hunter (i.e. gunfighter) , and so the new adventure begins, and he goes after his first major asset... and what a surprise that is! I won't say what the asset is... so, no spoilers here.

And as one character says, "I have spoken", lol

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw
Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #694
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Looking For Alaska...based on a book written by John Green

Looking for Alaska is John Green's first novel, published in March 2005 by Dutton Juvenile. It won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award from the American Library Association, and led the association's list of most-challenged books in 2015 due to profanity and sexually explicit scenes.

Hulu 👍👍👍

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #695
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool His Dark Materials

Well, I do remember how much I liked the film "The Golden Compass" (2007) - an absolutely delightful film. And, so a TV Series has been made of the first part of Pullman's trilogy, and well, not to give anything away of the story line, it follows much of the same story as in The Golden Compass.

HBO and BBC have released His Dark Materials, a fantasy adventure TV Series, and I've seen the first episode. I am really enjoying this adaptation of Pullman's first part of his trilogy. Excellent production. Much better than the the film, I think, and very well worth watching.

Unlike "The Mandalorian", it has much more feeling, and so I relate better to this series, and there were many scenes where I smiled.

Everyone has this animal daemon to protect them and the relationship between human being and daemon is considered "sacred". And so, the story follows the adventures of the girl Lyra and her daemon, and there are all sorts of lovable characters to be found here, and of course, there are the baddies... the Gobblers, who snatch children... utoh !

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APduGe1eLVI
Old 11-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #696
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool The Mandalorian - Episode 2: The Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Since I like sci-fi, I've already watched episode 1 of the new Disney+ The Mandalorian. It seems like there will be 8 episodes in first season, coming out throughout Nov and Dec. Much fun, I guess, especially for kids of all ages... and completely in the Star Wars tradition. So, a lot of shoot 'em up scenes. The CGI and world-construction were really good.

It is a sci-fi / western type of series, with The Mandalorian being a very Clint Eastwood-esque bounty hunter (i.e. gunfighter) , and so the new adventure begins, and he goes after his first major asset... and what a surprise that is! I won't say what the asset is... so, no spoilers here.

And as one character says, "I have spoken", lol

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw
Well, I've seen episode 2 and ya know, it all reminds me of the really old 1949 TV serial, Rocketman!!!! first released before I was born...haha... only The Mandalorian doesn't have rockets attached to his back, but the look is similar... and he has a spaceship instead. God, how I loved watching those hokey serials as a kid, sitting in front of the TV, spellbound.

and as far as the asset he gets - um, a child, the following picture says it all:

it's Star Wars, but as a TV serial, what fun...
Old 11-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #697
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

now that i watched all of the Matrix movies.. I am trying to find a new binge...

I have yet to be successful in this search. I even tried watching ATYPICAL... but eh..

suggestions?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #698
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on Netflix..

Watching a limited series called THE FAMILY
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #699
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix - Unbelievable! Such a great series.

Next up...The Crown!
Old 11-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #700
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

i have moved OFF of netflix and heading up my most fave movie series of all time...

Resident Evil..