imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Test: what does your attitude about money say about you?

From the BBC science page - a test about your attitude towards money and how that affects future spending issues.

Post results and discussion/opinion about results below!

What does your attitudes about money say about you
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a "generous indulger"
To you, money is an expression of love

It's true. I love givng gifts and spending my money on others. I understand how hard money is. I understand that money is eared through hard work. And to have some spend that very hard won cash on me is sometimes hard for me to accept -even though I love it- because of the guilt in knowing that money is not easy.

I like to make my friends lives easier and I like to cheer them up. So because I *love* receiving gifts of a meal, a trip to the museum, food, a new skirt, fancy knickers, a fun cheap toy, tickets to a movie, a vacation, a fashion magazine... I like returning the joy. And I know how hard people have it with cash.
I love surprising people and being surprised. If people k ow me, understand me and get me, and they have been thinking of me, a little gift from their day really excites me.
I love doing the same. I love being able to buy something that I've thought "oh!!! So and so would love that!" And buying it for no reason other than I saw it and thought of them.

Also love acts of service though. Someone going to the store for me, pai ting my toe nails for me, doing the dishes, asking me where I'd like to go for the day...

I love that shit.

Bit of a princess I suppose...

But I pay it back in all kinds of ways
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Karysma

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Post Apocolyptic

Karysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Interesting test.. I am obsessed with finances so this is right up my alley! lol!

Apparently I am a Secure Saver with a Moderate risk of Money Troubles.

It said I was an Independence Seeker: To have the freedom to do the things I want to do. though I really only want to have a retirement fund.. so it works out ok.. lol!

Also A Generous Indulger: I have gotten better at this. I have tried to put limits so I don't get carried away. Its hard sometimes because I like giving gifts.

Last one was Status Spender: I think I answered this wrong because I think that money does buy status and power.. but I don't personally have any interest in doing that. lol!

The suggestions were interesting.

K
Karysma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karysma For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I tested as a "Secure Saver" and it says money represents security to me.

True to a fault, I am working on attitudes toward money.

I like to give gifts to friends but have a very hard time spending money on myself. I also tend to be queued more toward acts of service and tend to see material things as less meaningful than doing things for someone else or having things done for me.

When I was younger I thought it would represent freedom.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,063 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

I am a Generous Indulger with a high risk of money troubles.

I will admit that I saw this coming. I have shopping addictions.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #6
job

How Do You Identify?:
butch

job Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputationjob Has the BEST Reputation

Independence seeker: to you money means freedom. You spend it to live out your dreams.
Higher risk of money troubles: you seem to have a number of bad money habits.

Yep. Can't say I can argue with either result and I'm fine with that. 😊
job is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to job For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Independence Seeker

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #8
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Status Spender...who knew,me,that's who.

I do have a problem wanting things others have,that's not so bad,is it?
Well,it is if I can't keep any money in my pocket cause I want a smartphone to.

Of course I bought her one and my brother one,blah..I want my people and me updated on the lastest gadgets.Yes.because everyone has one.

Money changes everything.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2015, 05:07 AM   #9
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver, although I don't really ageee.

I don't usually worry about money but I do indulge and I do help people when I can.

I have no problem buying someone an expensive gift if I have the money and I have no problem saving. Lol Idk
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #10
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

This is a good test to give to a prospective lover... at least you know what you are getting into. LMAO
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #11
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver

To you money represents security. You like to save it for a rainy day.

True to a point, I tend to spend my last dollar on my grandchild, I do love giving gifts when I can afford them....But I'm also careful to keep something in reserve in case of need.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,770 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver

Does having money in the bank give you peace of mind? Do you enjoy putting your money away even when there’s nothing in particular to save for?

It’s clearly very important to have savings to provide security for you and your loved ones, as you never know when you might need them.

But remember that being secure isn’t just about saving wisely – it means spending wisely as well. Make sure you’re not denying yourself too much in the present with unnecessarily tight budgeting for the future.

You score highly as a secure saver. Some people score highly for more than one of the attitudes, so you may recognise yourself as another of these:

Your risk
Moderate risk of money troubles

The answers you gave are similar to those of an average person in the study based on the BBC Big Money Test, who encountered a moderate level of money problems. Unexpected overdrafts and credit rejections were the most common, affecting around 15% of people in this group.

If you have concerns about managing your money, there are some good sources of support and practical advice in the links below.

Good first steps for getting your finances under better control include the following:
•Find someone you trust to talk to about your situation and how it makes you feel. This could be a friend or family member, or professional help from one of the links below
•Find healthy ways of dealing with how you feel about your situation. Try not to spend or ignore money problems as ways of coping with negative feelings. Many people find exercise can help them feel more positive
•Be honest with yourself about your spending habits and about your financial situation. A spending diary might be helpful. Don’t avoid dealing with your bills and bank statements
•Make an action plan – including setting a careful budget and working out strategies to make sure you stick to it
•Check that you’re getting any financial assistance you’re entitled to, such as benefits

I will splurge every once in awhile on myself but usually more likely to help someone out .
Old 07-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #13
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post
This is a good test to give to a prospective lover... at least you know what you are getting into. LMAO
Hmnnnnn. I dunno.
I am extremely careful with my money and im not into "stuff." I am incredible at running a house and feeding people on next to nothing. I've had to learn it.
When I do splurg, it's minor and for others. Keep in mind I consider a slurpee "splurging".
I've never had savings. I've never made enough to have savings. Doesn't mean I'm irresponsible with money - I'm incredibly good with it. It means I've lived hand to mouth for most of my life because I wanted to explore the globe more than I wanted security.

It's an interesting test though!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Hmnnnnn. I dunno.
I am extremely careful with my money and im not into "stuff." I am incredible at running a house and feeding people on next to nothing. I've had to learn it.
When I do splurg, it's minor and for others. Keep in mind I consider a slurpee "splurging".
I've never had savings. I've never made enough to have savings. Doesn't mean I'm irresponsible with money - I'm incredibly good with it. It means I've lived hand to mouth for most of my life because I wanted to explore the globe more than I wanted security.

It's an interesting test though!
I agree with Shystonefem, I think it is a good idea to find out of someone you are getting involved with has a similar or opposite philosophy about money and spending habits. I've seen where money problems are high on the list of friction points for couples and can create a lot of problems.

Kind of like a vegetarian and an omnivore might have more trouble finding common ground at the dinner table, an avid saver and a lavish spender might have more problems around the checkbook. It's part of getting to know someone.

This test, or something like it, would be a possible ice breaker for a subject that is hard to bring up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #15
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Right... But if you looked at my results you'd think I "wasted" my money on gifts all the time.
I always make my bills, and the gifts I buy are very small. Usually under a tenner. I certainly can't afford to buy any for anyone the last three years but I'd like to. I just can't.

Still, the results suggest I'm frivolous.
I'm probably the most pragmatic of people. I kept a tight rein on household spending when it was sorely needed, for both me and my exwife - I got us both out of debt.

I baked her desserts instead and poured her baths.

But the desire is still there. Just not the capacity.

I've never been with someone who never spent anytjing. I'm always the one trying to get. A better deal, find it cheaper, cut corners, thin the soup. Usually I'm the one people have to have a word with to tell me to relax, stop trying to save them cash - they know their budget better than me. Lol if I get taken out for dinner, and someone else is paying, I'll pick the cheapest item on the menu.

But I'm tagged with generous indulger becauae of my wishes, not my reality.

So perhaps good for a discussion... Maybe not so good for an absolute!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #16
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Right... But if you looked at my results you'd think I "wasted" my money on gifts all the time.
I always make my bills, and the gifts I buy are very small. Usually under a tenner. I certainly can't afford to buy any for anyone the last three years but I'd like to. I just can't.

Still, the results suggest I'm frivolous.
I'm probably the most pragmatic of people. I kept a tight rein on household spending when it was sorely needed, for both me and my exwife - I got us both out of debt.

I baked her desserts instead and poured her baths.

But the desire is still there. Just not the capacity.

I've never been with someone who never spent anytjing. I'm always the one trying to get. A better deal, find it cheaper, cut corners, thin the soup. Usually I'm the one people have to have a word with to tell me to relax, stop trying to save them cash - they know their budget better than me. Lol if I get taken out for dinner, and someone else is paying, I'll pick the cheapest item on the menu.

But I'm tagged with generous indulger becauae of my wishes, not my reality.

So perhaps good for a discussion... Maybe not so good for an absolute!
I wasn't meaning that a magazine quiz would be an end point for a financial discussion, just that something is usually needed as an introduction to the topic. People in western culture tend to have a lot of anxiety around talking about it in anything more than an abstract.

It makes people uncomfortable and frequently defensive, it's one of those hot button topics. Your response is a perfect example. (Not to be personal, you just gave a good sample) the thread was a light game/quiz but as soon as personal examples were used, you seemed to express defensiveness or at least a desire to clarify (correct me if I'm mistaken). Most people, I'm referring to North America, attach judgement to whatever their relative standing to money is, especially when one gets near either extreme end of the spectrum. The closer a person is to 'average' the more comfortable people are around them and the less judgement is attached. We live in a consumer based economy and are barraged with 'good enough' messages tied to financial consumption all day long. It's not that different from things like sex and appearance based judgments but seems to have even stronger taboo signals tied to it.

It's an interesting topic even in the abstract but I do think it's important to have those discussions when getting to know a person in a more intimate way if it looks like it may go in the direction of a relationship. It just seems harder to bring up than other subjects.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #17
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,770 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Most of us have probably been out in this world on our own long enough to realize we can try and plan ahead as much as we want, it don't always work out the way we plan. Just when you think you have a little nest egg built up something breaks down and needs repair or needs to be replaced. Unless you are like a millionaire or billionaire you will have money struggles in your life .Especially if you are always living above your means. It's good for the soul to splurge once in awhile imho lol.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #18
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

You score highly as a secure saver.

*Yes, this is very accurate for me. I was taught from a young age how to be responsible with my money. I don't believe that it has to do necessarily with how much you have, it's far more important how you manage what it is you have.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #19
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Kept: I wasn't meaning that a magazine quiz would be an end point for a financial discussion, just that something is usually needed as an introduction to the topic. People in western culture tend to have a lot of anxiety around talking about it in anything more than an abstract.

(Kelt, you are clarifying/being defensive here... *very playful cheek*)

Kelt: It makes people uncomfortable and frequently defensive, it's one of those hot button topics. Your response is a perfect example. (Not to be personal, you just gave a good sample) the thread was a light game/quiz but as soon as personal examples were used, you seemed to express defensiveness or at least a desire to clarify (correct me if I'm mistaken). Most people, I'm referring to North America, attach judgement to whatever their relative standing to money is, especially when one gets near either extreme end of the spectrum. The closer a person is to 'average' the more comfortable people are around them and the less judgement is attached. We live in a consumer based economy and are barraged with 'good enough' messages tied to financial consumption all day long. It's not that different from things like sex and appearance based judgments but seems to have even stronger taboo signals tied to it.

It's an interesting topic even in the abstract but I do think it's important to have those discussions when getting to know a person in a more intimate way if it looks like it may go in the direction of a relationship. It just seems harder to bring up than other subjects.

Barb:

Yes. It was to Clarify. But I will clarify the minutia uses of a peanut given half a chance. I like discourse.

Now I'm clarifying about my clarifying.

I'm used to forums where the is page after page of clarification and deeper and deeper discourse. Personally, I don't see this as defensiveness. I think it's a great attribute and something I look for in a partner - the ability to discuss, argue, debate and dismantle for hours on end. I find it pleasurable and fun

And yes, to many people it's a no touch topic.

Me being a wordy bitch I personally think it's a great subject.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 07-28-2015 at 12:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #20
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Kept: I wasn't meaning that a magazine quiz would be an end point for a financial discussion, just that something is usually needed as an introduction to the topic. People in western culture tend to have a lot of anxiety around talking about it in anything more than an abstract.

(Kelt, you are clarifying/being defensive here... *very playful cheek*)

>snip<

Barb:

Yes. It was to Clarify. But I will clarify the minutia uses of a peanut given half a chance. I like discourse.

Now I'm clarifying about my clarifying.

I'm used to forums where the is page after page of clarification and deeper and deeper discourse. Personally, I don't see this as defensiveness. I think it's a great attribute and something I look for in a partner - the ability to discuss, argue, debate and dismantle for hours on end. I find it pleasurable and fun

And yes, to many people it's a no touch topic.

Me being a wordy bitch I personally think it's a great subject.
Touché <<<

Perhaps I should have made myself more clear.....

But you know the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: