Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-07-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Can't Sleep? Insomnia? Post here.

It seems like so many of us are having trouble getting to sleep, or staying asleep, or getting enough sleep. What's keeping you awake - is it physical, or emotional, or environmental? What helps you sleep - if anything? Post here about your lack of sleep, or just post here when you can't sleep.
GeorgiaMa'am is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Like so many nights, I just can't get to sleep. I have trouble turning off my thoughts - they just swirl around in my head, spinning and spinning, and causing worry, or long trains of thought. My dad passed away recently, and lately I especially can't get thoughts of him and the days immediately following out of my head. I've also been really distracted at work lately - mainly by the same thoughts that keep me awake - and I've been sleepy at work due to the lack of sleep. I'm falling behind in my work, and I've made a couple of blunders as well. People have been very kind, but I worry because I know they rely on me to help them do their own work. I don't feel very reliable these days. - Ahh, and this is what is spinning in my head tonight, even if it is a Friday and I don't have to go to work for the next couple of days.

So I've given up trying to sleep for awhile tonight and I'm killing time here on the Planet. I've heard that thing about how viewing screens of any kind for 30 minutes before bed can keep you awake, but avoiding screens doesn't seem to be helping any.

'Sweet Dreams' to all who pass this way . . .

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Twenty-five years ago I was going through a really hard time...it went on for months. I had insomnia, which led to exhaustion, which led to depression......

What saved me was taking a class on "guided imagery"; learning to take myself out of my problems and focusing on somewhere I would really like to be, led to the ability to calm and soothe myself into a place where sleep came easier.

Sleep well!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sleep

I have insomnia and then when I do sleep I go into a coma. I am going to my second sleep study next month as they have ruled out apnea so they still want to know why my sleep pattern is so off and so do I. I lose a lot of day time as I am up all night and sleep a good part of the day. Sometimes I get lucky and get on a routine but it does not last long and I am sleep deprived for another couple weeks.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have chronic insomnia. Its part of fibromyalgia. My body hurts, so I cant sleep. When I do fall asleep, as I move, my body hurts and I wake up.

I have found that treating the fibro right, with diet, exercise and meds, can reduce the insomnia. And sometimes, it doesnt

the latest thing that has been helping is melatonin. Lord I love it!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #6
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Can't sleep.. too much on My mind I guess...
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I can't sleep, it is because I am too excited for later on this morning!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've been at my new job almost a year, and getting up in the morning has not really become much easier. I have such a hard time getting to bed at a decent hour. Maybe it's the computer screen, the whole blue light thing. I live for time off and the weekends when I can sleep in.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 12:50 AM   #9
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Have a nocturnal sleep pattern awaking in the early afternoon and going to

bed anywhere from 4-6am. I worked 7pm-7am for 30 years. It's not too bad

except for times when bored or lonely. Sometimes my cats keep me

company, but they are on a more daytime oriented schedule. They often go

to bed with my Partner around midnight. Some cats! Geez!
Old 04-08-2017, 01:30 AM   #10
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve been having trouble sleeping due to anxiety. My doc has me on meds for it, which is helping. However, the meds are making it difficult for me to sleep. If it continues my doc says they will put me on sleeping pills on an as needed basis, but first they have to see if the problem resolves on its own. Meanwhile, because everyone I know is sleeping right now, I’m so bored. There’s no one to talk to, even my cat is zonked out – traitor.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #11
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

I can generally fall asleep, but in times of stress, I can't stay asleep. I take two different prescriptions that generally do help, but right now, I'm waking up at 4:30 or so every morning. My mother's death and my complicated relationship with my sister feel hard and stressful. I'm having long complicated anxiety dreams.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Lately, I've had issues winding down enough to be able to sleep. It's a process.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #13
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

its proclaimed that having set rituals for bedtime helps. My dog Moon Baby knows my "get ready for bed" movements to a T....she rises the minute my recliner sets up and she heads straight for the kitchen counter where my meds are.

She knows when we go upstairs, she gets to lay next to me in bed and we cuddle for a few minutes. She doesnt stay next to me, as she gets herself up and sleeps at my feet.

I always put lotion on before I slide into the covers.

I listen to Dr Phil on my cell phone as I fall asleep. Combined with the melatonin, I fall asleep quickly. well, quick for me...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Oh where do i even start????
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Oh where do i even start????

I usually prefer the beginning but wherever works for you is good for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #16
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Lately, over the past few months, maybe almost a year now, I've sometimes had troubles getting enough rest. Sometimes my nor being able to fall asleep is of my own doing (like reading headline news, which is terribly distressing to me), or sometimes my not being able to sleep has been health related.

I've tried several ways of aiding my own ability to fall asleep, so that I get the best rest possible, by either listening to 'white' noise types of audio sounds or to recordings of ocean waves or Tibetan wooden bowls or bells. Sometimes if I'm emotionally stressed out, I might end up having a good cry.

But I think what's worked for me in the past, especially when I could afford it because it can be costly, is going in to see a certified clinician for Energy Therapy. I once had several sessions with a staff practitioner who did energy work on my body by using acupuncture, plant essences and soothing touch/massage therapy.

There was a really nice article in the January 2017 issue of Prevention magazine that talked about energy healing arts in the field of Natural Medicine. You could look it up online at their website or maybe even try to see if your local library keeps copies of this magazine in their periodicals section.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 01:28 AM   #17
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

To anyone awake, I bid you good evening. Am up as usual.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 03:47 AM   #18
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I usually prefer the beginning but wherever works for you is good for me.

You are SUCH a .... Gem, Gemme.

Here is one theory.

my whole life sleep has been a battle. Since I was a child I have had horrific nightmares. I was attacked but a huge dog (i was not mauled or anything) but i was a wee thing about 5, and i remember e eit like it was yesterday. i hated that dog and knew he was big enough to jump the fence. His name was Dino. i remember seeing him hop over that fence and come my way. i ran, he ran faster and he got me when i was near my house. My father came running out and i could hear everyone screaming *DINO!!!!*. i was ok thank goodness and i never did see Dino again, but for YEARS i had nightmares not about that Dino, but about the Dino from the Flintstones that turned evil, and in my dreams he would gather up all his evil dog friends and wait for me, and attack me. i would go running to my mother who let me sleep on the floor next to her bed, which is where more monsters would hide.

As time went on, my nightmares morphed into other forms of *monsters*. It was always safer to just stay awake, until i was so dead tired i had to sleep.

These nightmares have plagued me forever, BUT for the past week, i have not had any.

My point is that i think this set the foundation for insomnia.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 03:48 AM   #19
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Lately, over the past few months, maybe almost a year now, I've sometimes had troubles getting enough rest. Sometimes my nor being able to fall asleep is of my own doing (like reading headline news, which is terribly distressing to me), or sometimes my not being able to sleep has been health related.

I've tried several ways of aiding my own ability to fall asleep, so that I get the best rest possible, by either listening to 'white' noise types of audio sounds or to recordings of ocean waves or Tibetan wooden bowls or bells. Sometimes if I'm emotionally stressed out, I might end up having a good cry.

But I think what's worked for me in the past, especially when I could afford it because it can be costly, is going in to see a certified clinician for Energy Therapy. I once had several sessions with a staff practitioner who did energy work on my body by using acupuncture, plant essences and soothing touch/massage therapy.

There was a really nice article in the January 2017 issue of Prevention magazine that talked about energy healing arts in the field of Natural Medicine. You could look it up online at their website or maybe even try to see if your local library keeps copies of this magazine in their periodicals section.

This is very interesting, i did massage work and each time i saw a client i asked them what benefits they noticed, and they would say *better sleep*

Sex helps too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #20
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Bed at 3 am and up at 6 because My sister thinks I am awake since I usually wake up at 4:30 am ...... going to be a veryyyyyy long day
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:

Tags
insomnia, sleep