Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
Another one of my faves in Portland is: Screen Door

I have only been here for breakfast (can you tell we like breakfast?)

It is best to arrive about half hour before opening because otherwise the wait is 1-2 hours – June-y would not enjoy this.

They are famous for the fried chicken & waffle: Spicy buttermilk battered fried chicken over a sweet potato waffle. It is a bit too much for my stomach, but it is very popular and definitely enough for 3 meals.

I like to order the traditional benedict or one of the scrambles. Often I actually order one of the specials, which often has some different ingredients like kale, chard, sautee'd spinach, roasted red peppers, fennel, chanterelles, etc.

They have delicious biscuits and gravy. There are several places in town for great B&G...this is in the top 5.

Also the grits are soooooo good.

And of all things, they have a really wonderful organic oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and fresh fruit of your choice. It is a huge bowl, enough for leftovers.

Everything is fresh! The coffee is good and strong. In fact they have s self-serve coffee area where you can make your own while you are waiting for your table.

The kitchen is always bustling…it is great to watch them prepare the food.

They play great music, like class jazz or big band...
BEHOLD-

The CHICKEN and WAFFLE ...and my honey

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #62
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
BEHOLD-

The CHICKEN and WAFFLE ...and my honey

Good grief. There is a photo of me somewhere that is almost a match for this. Was wondering how you found it for a minute.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #63
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

We ate here tonight. It was absolutely amazing! No waiting, not crowded. Very old school with his/her menus. And the chef came out and introduced himself!

A perfect romantic evening...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #64
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good

It's not only the name of the place, it really is...GOOD!

http://www.goodrestaurantnyc.com/

Great brunch!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #65
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
If you are ever in Chicago you have to eat at Spring.http://www.springrestaurant.net/menu.html The food and atmosphere are amazing. The pacific sea bass served with ricotta agnolottie/ grilled chicory/ parsley and Pernod cream is my favorite dish.

Menu looks good.....this place would be in Wicker Park at North Ave and Damen Ave. At one time this neighborhood was gang infested and run down. Then the Yuppies started buying up property and turned it into an eclectic night life filled with food and fun all around. Parking is at a premium in that area, so when visiting, either take a cab or use public transit.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #66
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

For myself, I miss pizza in my hometown of Chicago, so when I visit, I like to go to Lincoln Park and eat at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders. It sits directly across the street from where the St Valentine's Day Massacre happened. It's a small venue that's been there for more than 30 years. They don't take reservations or credit cards, so you must bring cash. They only serve pizza two ways, with or without meat and a half pounder or full pound. It's a pizza eating experience you'll never forget because the pizza is brought to you in a bowl oozing with cheese. It is then turned upside down on a plate and the server gently removes it from the hot bowl it was cooked in. It's amazing to see the transformation once it's on a plate.

For more info on this wonderful establishment..... http://www.chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/ and http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=...94571160727471

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #67
PrudenceJuris

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Stepping out as Warrior Queen... don't be confused

PrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great everyday food

The best fried fish in Washington, DC.... no question Horace & Dickey's on 12th & H NE!! It is strictly carryout and there is always a line, but trust and believe their fish is worth it!! If you are extra sassy you will get a little extra attention from "Mama" who is fabulous character! They take credit/debit cards, and they will remind you that the tip jars are open and accepting!!
PrudenceJuris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrudenceJuris For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #68
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Good grief. There is a photo of me somewhere that is almost a match for this. Was wondering how you found it for a minute.

Well, I am a really good researcher...
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #69
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.silvercitybrewery.com/

If you like beer, they have a brewery on the property and have won several awards for their beers, not to mention getting into a war with another company over the name Fat Bastard for their beer. If it's good enough to get into litigation over, you know it's good.

For those that don't like beer, they also make their own ginger ale and root beer on the property too. Scrumpdiddlyumtious!

I'm partial to their spinach salad and porter glazed salmon but suggest staying away from their cowboy steak. They leave the coffee grounds (used to tenderize the meat) on the steak. Ick.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #70
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/pier66.html

Yummy PNW seafood done right. Their burnt creme is delish.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #71
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Stop talking dirty to me.

Okay, don't stop. Just give me directions.
Now, if you're talking about Makino's (I spelled it wrong before), Gemmie, you gotta go for lunch, because it's the same menu, just less expensive. It'll run you about $20, plus drinks now, I think, but it's well worth it and all you can eat!!

Their web site looks like it may be under construction right now, but the details and addresses of their locations (I usually go to the one on Decatur) can be found here:

http://www.lasvegas.net/Makino-Las-V...ood-Buffet.htm

On another note, I am originally from Savannah, Georgia, and a Southern boy in just about every way. One of my most favorite places to eat is a little seafood joint called "The Crab Trap", located at St. Simon's Island, off the intracoastal waterway, near Brunswick, GA. That place has the best southern fried oysters and batter dipped fries you'd ever hope to put in your mouth!! The tables in the restaurant have holes cut into the middle so you can toss your shrimp tails, crab shells and oyster shells into, as you eat. If you ever get down that way, be sure to stop, as it's a place you'll not want to miss!!!

http://www.thecrabtrapssi.com/about_soliv.html

~Theo~
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #72
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default NY, NY

Burger Creations on E8th and NYU.

Unfuckingbelievably good burger. Great fries. O-Rings. And not a million dollars.

http://www.burgercreations.com/

P.S. Salads are great too!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #73
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Momofuku Noodle Bar

http://www.momofuku.com/noodle-bar/

Sweet Jesus. This place is tasty.

Try the pork ramen. I mean, you don't have to. But, you might not know what you're missing if you don't. Just sayin'.

Experiment with the appeteasers.

You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #74
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Figs ::: La Guardia Airport

Stuck at the airport?

Check out Todd English's Figs. [More known in Boston].

Portobello mushroom pizza. White chocolate bread pudding.

Bread pudding has enough eggs in it to start a chicken farm. Beyond delicious as a result.

Both of these will serve your discriminating palate as well as make your socks go up and down.

Mangiar bene!

Tags
drinks, fantastic san diego!, food, food obsessed, tiger raves!