Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #31
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
Another one of my faves in Portland is: Screen Door

I have only been here for breakfast (can you tell we like breakfast?)

It is best to arrive about half hour before opening because otherwise the wait is 1-2 hours – June-y would not enjoy this.

They are famous for the fried chicken & waffle: Spicy buttermilk battered fried chicken over a sweet potato waffle. It is a bit too much for my stomach, but it is very popular and definitely enough for 3 meals.

I like to order the traditional benedict or one of the scrambles. Often I actually order one of the specials, which often has some different ingredients like kale, chard, sautee'd spinach, roasted red peppers, fennel, chanterelles, etc.

They have delicious biscuits and gravy. There are several places in town for great B&G...this is in the top 5.

Also the grits are soooooo good.

And of all things, they have a really wonderful organic oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and fresh fruit of your choice. It is a huge bowl, enough for leftovers.

Everything is fresh! The coffee is good and strong. In fact they have s self-serve coffee area where you can make your own while you are waiting for your table.

The kitchen is always bustling…it is great to watch them prepare the food.

They play great music, like class jazz or big band...
BEHOLD-

The CHICKEN and WAFFLE ...and my honey

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:

Tags
drinks, fantastic san diego!, food, food obsessed, tiger raves!