Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Rise of Anti-Government Bigots: Spitting, the N-Word, Anti-Gay/Lesbian Slurs

Outspoken bigotry is on the rise in the US as evidenced by the DC anti-health care reform & big government protesters calling out the N-Word and Fag and spitting on Congressional members arriving for the health care reform votes.

Nothing new in may ways, yet, I am more concerned than ever about racist and anti-gay hate crimes than ever. These people have been throwing up racist signs and slogans throughout this battle and I am amazed at the lack of outrage. While watching this on TV, I was struck by how my stomach had the same churning it did as a kid watching the Civil Rights demonstrations in the 60's. The hatred, the pure hatred in the eyes of these people! They were not protesting health-care reform, they simply took the opportunity to publicly display exactly what they are- racist and bigoted people that underneath it all are only moved to civil disobedience to be able to call an African American congressperson a n_ _ _ _ _ on TV and get away with it! Great opportunity to slam gays and lesbians, too!

During interviews about this on CNN & C-SPAN, it was clear that the GOP (which has an African American as its committee head) is courting the Teabaggers for votes in November and these are the nut-cakes that have been displaying this behavior throughout the first year of Obama's administration! What the hell is wrong with these people?

The momentum of these actions is increasing and I believe being tolerated at a dangerous level. Shame is what I feel at the moment about my country.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: