How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vanilla thread ... How about a "hook up" thread for us Vanilla folk? ... Vanilla thread

In have been in two "relationships" since hubby died nine years ago. Both were with individuals who currently or had in the recent past been part of the BDSM community. In each of these instances I had believed before getting involved that these relationships had little chance of success because (I mused to myself) I would always feel like I was not able to provide these individuals with something they enjoyed and needed. Though the reason for the failure of the relationships was not exactly what I had thought would be the problem, I have come to believe that for myself such a pairing is not a good choice.

But we vanilla folks are not as visible here are the bdsm folk are. We have no forum dedicated to our needs (hint hint to admin), so I decided to create a spot for us to meet and get to know each other, and I would like to invite all you other single "Vanillans" to join me.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

OK HI

Here's some info about me. Please share what you feel is relevant about yourself.

I am a very active person. I am usually balancing two or three activities at the same time, both work and play. I have my own little teenie tiney business, I am a national politics junkie, and the only television I really enjoy watching is MSNBC. I love to go to the movies, dinner, concerts, pride activities, etc. I am a decent cook, but I wouldn't say I love to cook, and would be glad to share or cede that activity to my partner (if I had one.) I hope to do some serious traveling soon, I have had a passport for three years and I still don't have even one stamp. I hope to see the Louvre in Paris, the Sistine Chapel in Italy, and the The Cavern in London, and I'd like to spend at least a few months in Australia. All of this will have to be done "on the cheap" as I am definetly having a shortage in the cash flow area. I also love week-end trips and just going for a drive on the spur of the moment.

I have four kids, two of whom have magically reappeared in my home in the last two weeks (Where DID they come from?) If a third one shows up, I will seriously consider relocating myself, LOL.

In the past I have mostly partnered with FTMS, but I feel I am open to other possiblities and will just have to see what delightful person appears in my future. I am not a stone femme and don't feel I would be the best choice for a "stone" individual, though I have always been respectfull of my partners boundaries.

I am hoping to find a active age 60+ partner who has a zest for live and sexuality. I would be willing to relocate for the right person, or perhaps alternate between two locations to accommodate both partner's need to close to family friends and activities they enjoy
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OK,lets see if I can bunp this up a bit.

I have far to active a mind so can multitask well,love music even tho i'm not that good at it I try.Traveling is something I want to do more of when I can,I collect cook books from any and everywhere I also love to cook.Have a passion for going to garage sales and estate sales where I find all kinds of crazy stuff...but good stuff.I love to dance with a partnes but so fue know how these days.Dateing these last fue years has been slow by choice and am totaly monogamous when i'm seeing anyone.I read about anything that intrest me,collect art from paintings to bronze art work.I went to an art class for fun the teacher said I had a definate flair for bold spooky art work..I just put on canvas what pops in my head..My works has been as a pro horse trainer for most of my life,when I retitred fron that I went to culinary school to get my degree in Chefology.I can drive a big rig or anything with wheels on it.My family consist of my son,2 fur kids that as as bad as haveing two toddlers around from the mess they make,tho I wouldnt trade it for anything.
I dont know if this means a thing but I am an aries and true to the heart of one...my gram use to tell ime being born at 12:05a.m. on April 15th gave me more intunitive ablities than any of the grand kids.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

No single vanilla folks out there?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, I'm definitely fairly vanilla, though I do know a bit about a lot of things, that most vanilla people wouldn't.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Oh, I'm definitely fairly vanilla, though I do know a bit about a lot of things, that most vanilla people wouldn't.

that's EXACTLY what i was thinking!!

skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Lol Gee thanks! On a different subject, I am hoping to be able to make it back up to Michigan, and to the Ann Arbor region, this coming spring. My nephew is scheduled to get married then, as I recall.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
hrrhoy

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch

hrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputationhrrhoy Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Everybody!
hrrhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hrrhoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Please reead the title of the thread and the first post before you make your own posting. This is a thread for single folks who are not into BDSM practices to meet and get to know each other for the objest of dating. Vanilla is a label chosen for us by BDSM folks. I used it because it is known, not because of it's descriptive capacity.

Vanillans do not consider ourselves to be boring. We in fact are not boring, at least not any more or less than BDSM folk.

Some of us are kinky as hell, by most definitions. But we do not tie each other up, whip each other, use humiliation tactics as a sexual turn on, or make each other stand in the corner when we are "bad." I am not saying this to be insulting to BDSM people, just listing a few of the practices I have read about on BDSM threads on this site.

If you know you are non BDSM and you like it, and you wish to date others like yourself, then please post here. Start with a description of your self similar to the one Rockin and I did.

If you are trying to work out whether you are Vanilla or Bdsm, or you wish to make funny comments about vanilla (or BDSM for that matter) sexual practices, please do that on another thread. Thanks.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

What is the difference between kink and BDSM?
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
But we do not tie each other up, whip each other, use humiliation tactics as a sexual turn on, or make each other stand in the corner when we are "bad." I am not saying this to be insulting to BDSM people,
But you are being insulting to BDSM folks. Clearly these ideas are appalling to you. Not something you need to express online. Just as you didn't need to point out that, to you, femmes who don't partner with butches aren't really femmes.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Shit. I just remembered about not pulling stuff from other threads into current discussions. I can't edit now. Mods, if you want to, I would be fine with you removing my comment about femmes from my previous post.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Some of us are kinky as hell, by most definitions. But we do not tie each other up, whip each other, use humiliation tactics as a sexual turn on, or make each other stand in the corner when we are "bad." I am not saying this to be insulting to BDSM people, just listing a few of the practices I have read about on BDSM threads on this site.
Keri, I'm sorry to even be posting in this thread, and I battled with myself for about 20 minutes before I decided to go ahead and do so.

First - I looked for a post in the thread that would have warranted your response. I didn't see one, so I'm not sure what compelled you to say what you did. Having said that, I'm curious as to what you mean by "some of us are kinky as hell" but then you say you do not do X, Y, Z, etc. Well, if you are kinky as hell, what DO you do?

Also, I don't think it's fair to say you aren't trying to be insulting to BDSM people by listing a few practices you read about on the BDSM threads. It would be like me talking about Christians and saying "I don't speak in tongues, burn witches at the stake, or believe that women are "unclean" while menstruating... oh, but I am not saying this to be insulting to Christians." It just doesn't hold up.

I'm sorry you feel that this site has somehow pandered to the BDSM community - it's funny how we're a minority but we're seen as having some special privilege instead of just having equal access.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post

I'm sorry you feel that this site has somehow pandered to the BDSM community - it's funny how we're a minority but we're seen as having some special privilege instead of just having equal access.

It's because we are allowed to speak. That's our special privilege.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

MODERATION

Hey, folks, this is a Vanilla Hook Up thread. Let's get it back on track and allow for those who id as vanilla (or what it alludes to) to post and get to know each other.

However, this is a public forum, so if something is posted that you read as discriminatory towards people who practice BDSM, by all means report it. We don't condone that towards any group or identity. Let us discuss in the mod/admin thread and see if it indeed warrants intervening.

By the same token, Keri, if you feel that someone is mocking your thread, instead of striking out in a passive-aggressive way towards those who practice BDSM, report it and let us take a look.

Finally, please do not report the posts prior to my post. Let's just take it from here.

Thanks, everyone!

Jennifer
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm sorry, Keri, but I have never been good about talking about myself. I figure that anyone interested in me will learn more in one good convo with me, then I could ever tell them by writing things down. This just seems to work better for me, somehow.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Geez, wondering if I should post in here. Awful quiet.

Oh well. Yes I'm old fashioned, old school, June Cleaver kinda gal. Have no interest in anything beyond vanilla. Not interested in anyone who claims they left the other team to join the Vanilla scoop. Been there done that, the end.

You can read my posts to figure out if you are interested or not. I'm considered too much by some, not enough for others. If you have an interest in the unusual then we might hit it off.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrrhoy View Post
Hello Everybody!
Hi, I'm in Albany! Small world....
Old 01-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #19
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Post vanilla, yesss....

I'm a single vanilla soft butch, looking to find friends who are as vanilla as I am, and perhaps if lucky meet up with a vanilla soft femme, thanks so much for posting this thread
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #20
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi there,
first off i want to thank iamkeri1 for starting this thread. What a great idea!
Im a single butch in my early 50s with some abstract ideas on life and love. Im a news and political junkie and i love talking about current events in the world. I love music and photography. I find women who are fiesty and intelligent a HUGE turn on. I love taking road trips, talking and listening to good music while i drive. A guilty pleasure of mine is video games!! (shhh dont tell anyone) but i justify it by telling people it will help keep my mind sharp and stave off dementia! LOL Ive been single for years now, and i truly do enjoy my own company and less willing to tolerate bullshit. Thru the course of my life ive experienced many things and many people and in those experiences, ive discovered what i truly want and like. Honesty and empathy and compassion are requirements for me and those in my life. Im not sure if im looking for a romantic relationship or companionship. I never thought id ever say" im looking for companionship" but ijust did! LOL Im a liberal democrat who finds this current administration terrifying. So much hate being promoted. I think its time to start sharing love and laughter and happiness.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post: