Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #3341
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Butcher's Wife.........1991 Demi Moore Jeff Daniels Frances McDormand

A clairvoyant thinks she's met her husband to be because she's seen him in her dreams. They marry quickly, and return to the husband's ("the butcher"), home in the city. She has a big impact on everyone she meets by anticipating their questions and actions and advising them on their love life.

Sidebar: McDormand plays a lesbian seeking her “split-apart”
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #3342
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
"Fahrenheit 11/9" documentary by Michael Moore

Opened on 9/21/2018.

What we all know. If you don't know, you will know after
viewing this documentary.

November 6...election day. I am voting.

Greco
i didn’t hear about this one, I’ll have to check it out.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #3343
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Three Identical Strangers 2018

In 1980 New York, three young men who were all adopted meet each other and find out they're triplets who were separated at birth. Then they discover why.

This was excellent even tho it left a bit of questions unanswered. Hopefully in time they will.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #3344
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story (2015)

Storyboard artist Harold Michelson and his wife, film researcher Lillian Michelson, were a talented couple once considered the heart of Hollywood. Harold and Lillian worked on hundreds of iconic films during Hollywood's golden age, including "The Ten Commandments," "The Apartment," "The Birds," "Full Metal Jacket" and more. Although the couple were responsible for some of Hollywood's most iconic examples of visual storytelling, their contributions remain largely uncredited.

This was good & very interesting............
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #3345
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

A Star is Born...

Gaga was AMAZING!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #3346
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #3347
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We went and saw "Nobody's Fool" today. Very funny, and it almost made me cry!

The Nutcracker and The Grinch and some other one I can't remember are on my list for this week. The new Fantastic Beast movie comes out on Friday too - for sure seeing!

Great month for movies <3
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #3348
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Saw _Bohemian Rhapsody_ for the 2nd time this weekend. It was AWESOME!!! It gets some things out of chronological order - I heard an interview and they said they did that so they could squeeze in everything they wanted to in a 2 hour and 15 minute movie. But if you can get over that, it's a really good movie. Rami Malek gives a great performance as Freddie. It's definitely worth seeing on a big screen.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #3349
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Puzzle 2018 Kelly Macdonald, Irrfan Khan

Agnes, taken for granted as a suburban mother, discovers a passion for solving jigsaw puzzles which unexpectedly draws her into a new world - where her life unfolds in ways she could never have imagined.

It moved a bit slow but we really enjoyed it overall...........
Old 11-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #3350
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

We just watched Crazy Rich Asians....

i thought it was about the worst movie ever.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #3351
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Sandpiper (1965)

I rented it online, last night. I love the sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean (open aerial shots of Big Sur), the cars, the fashion trends of the time, and the stars in the movie...and the central theme of the movie about the sandpiper (symbolism): The character Laura Reynolds, as she nurses a sandpiper with a broken wing. The bird lives in her home until it is healed and then flies free, though it comes back occasionally. The sandpiper is used as a central symbol in the movie, illustrating the themes of growth and freedom. Something about films from the 1960s that soothes me, especially this one. I loved watching it.

Last edited by Kätzchen; 12-01-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #3352
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default the first time I see this!

The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #3353
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Puzzle 2018 Kelly Macdonald, Irrfan Khan

Agnes, taken for granted as a suburban mother, discovers a passion for solving jigsaw puzzles which unexpectedly draws her into a new world - where her life unfolds in ways she could never have imagined.

It moved a bit slow but we really enjoyed it overall...........
Old 12-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #3354
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Dunkirk
on HBO
Fabulous movie set in WWII while Dunkirk was a disputed territory between UK, France, Belgium (King capitulated to Nazi rule early and without knowledge of Belgian gov't).
Majority of film took place on the sea. Heroic civilians saved many naval sailors and infantry troops forced to the sea by fighting.
Was a true story.

Have some Kleenex on the ready.

Last edited by cathexis; 12-06-2018 at 11:57 PM. Reason: historical accuracy
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #3355
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Leisure Seeker...............
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #3356
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Saw _Bohemian Rhapsody_ for the 2nd time this weekend. It was AWESOME!!! It gets some things out of chronological order - I heard an interview and they said they did that so they could squeeze in everything they wanted to in a 2 hour and 15 minute movie. But if you can get over that, it's a really good movie. Rami Malek gives a great performance as Freddie. It's definitely worth seeing on a big screen.
We are hoping to see this for the second time this weekend. We went to go see it a couple of days ago. It had moved from regular theater to our small town village $5/ticket theater and it was sold out when we got there. We're going to go early tomorrow evening hoping to get in before they sell out. Soooo good.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #3357
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Life Itself..on Amazon. Interesting how life plays out.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #3358
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Vice

You know, this film has also added to my understanding of how Trump won the election. When I first saw the title, I thought vice was meant to be some moral failing or bad habit and the film would be about cops and robbers - some crime film, and not that it would be a biopic about the Vice-President, Dick Cheney. But after watching the film, I can easily see that, in this instance, it meant both (chuckles).

I think, Christian Bale, who won the Golden Globe for best actor really deserved it. I liked this film, especially how it showed the growth of the right throughout America and who made that possible, how it also mentioned how public opinion evolved into a way of seeing the world (for many Americans) through the emergence of the Republican-based news network Fox - and how it was created by peeps like Cheney (almost typed "creeps" like Cheney ...........). The last after-credit scene with people expressing how they liked/disliked the film was priceless, with a hard-core right-winger taking swipes at the "liberal" under- and over-tone of the whole film, resulting in a free-for-all melee. Absolutely priceless - fact vs. opinion. Really worth seeing.

having trouble inserting the youtube insert, you can click at bottom of black screen - the little arrow at the bottom right-hand corner, which will take you to the YouTube trailer, or I am also adding here a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGFt6w0wok&t=58s

Here is also a link of Christian Bale praising Satan as inspiration on "how to play this role". [about 1:10 into link]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFcsWwU5yo
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #3359
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default COLETTE

Just got back from seeing this film.
I can't recommend it enough.
All the cast are really good, and the film and it's content really leaves you wanting to find out more about this woman and her writing.
Excellent film, you won't be disappointed
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #3360
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Dean..

2017 starring: Demetri Martin, Kevin Kline, & Mary Steenburgen

A comedy about loss, grief and the redemptive power of love, Dean is an NY illustrator who falls hard for an LA woman while trying to prevent his father from selling the family home in the wake of his mother's death.

I totally loved this movie!

Given it's description, it's anything but sad and depressing!

Tags
film, movie