Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #41
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post
Same. Thank gawd it was a little opal cadet. Funny I don't remember her name, but remember the car.
Ford Pinto...LOL
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #42
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenleahangel View Post
I guess I'm not a good date, then. I have a son who is sick and it doesn't matter to me where I am or who I am with. If my son's caregiver calls or texts, I am answering as I know it will be important. And as for leftovers, I do take them home, too. Waste not want not. Maybe I need to go back and read the B-F dating handbook.
And I'm sure it is a major no-no to use coupons, but I do!!!!
There is nothing wrong with this (or with you as far as your being a good date)! I have a disabled son, and my phone is always with me and always on. Anyone with a child, disabled or not, should be able to understand this. In fact, I would have a big problem with a date who insisted I turn my phone off, or who complained about me keeping it on for my son. Huge red flag there! I also see no problem with taking home leftovers. Why waste food? As for coupons...I don't see the problem there either. Last time I checked, I'm not a millionaire, I don't even have any "spare" cash...so why would I hold it against someone if they have a coupon to save a few bucks?

As for my entry for things you should never say on a date: "You look just like/remind me so much of my ex!" (and yes, that was said to me on a first date.)

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

What's that smell?

"Trust is a verb."

Street Buddha
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #44
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I like to try alot of different things. In fact I rarely keep a job for more than 6months. I just get bored.

I don't cook so I hope you do. I hate cleaning and I don't do laundry. I absolutely refuse to do yard work. (What's left? Eating and sleeping)

I'm just not into titles or labels.Butch Femme dynamics, what's that?

O
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #45
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

"Marry me."
– Anonymous
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #46
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
"I forgot my wallet. You got this, right?"

Yup. It happened.
see? ME. this has happened to me TWICE. Absolutely humiliated and knew what it looked like when I reached into my bag and.... omfg. ...no...nonononono.... NOOOOOOOO.
FUCK!!!!

then begging them to swing past my place so I can re-imburse. Of course they won't. they are too polite. I look like a dickhead.

I am a seriously bad date half the time.

One time I sat and babbled about the chemistry of this one women's job for 15 min while she stared at me in glazed boredom.

another, two bicurious drunk 20 somethings came over to our pub table and started talking to me and trying to pick me up cause they loved my breasts. Luckily my date thought this was fucking hilarious as she watched me try and deal. But mostly that would not have flown. I could not get rid of them cause my date was sniggering and so I turned and said "right. since this is so amusing, I'm going to the loo. YOU can get rid of the leg humping yorkies." they were gone when I got back.

another, I realised mid-date that she was one of my very long term (we grew up down the road from each other) old friend's ex-wife. And introducted this fact by putting down my fork and said "omg. I know your dog! really well, actually..."
"really? how?"
"cause I've known your exwife for 27 years?"
Bad, bad date

I could go on. seriously. I have lists of these. One I knocked myself out on a tree branch.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 09-20-2013 at 01:27 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I seriously think these things should be in a book....lol dating hell...

my friend is/was a serial dater and had a date that paid for dinner but insisted on splitting the meal rather than pay for two. She told me she would have rather gone dutch and actually ate.... but he insisted.....

Then of course there was the infamous...Stanley.... this guy leaned over mid date (first date) and whispered that he wanted to introduce her to his friend, Stanley...the power tool...yeah....THAT tool....
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #48
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

1st date, just after we had placed our dinner order....

"Have you ever heard of Amway?"
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #49
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
"Marry me."
– Anonymous
Oh I've heard that on a first date. but they are just being smart-asses.

My last ex, even before she kissed me, told me she wanted us to get a motorhome and travel around Australia with me. lets throw it all away and fuck off babs, me and you.

she was serious. but she's always serious about hair brained ideas for 15 minutes till someone distracts her with a puppet.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #50
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was "dating" this girl for over 3 months. There was nooo chemistry. We evolved into a friend thing and I thought that was mutual.
Well....she asked me to look at an apartment with her because she wanted to move. We went and looked at it and proceeded to say things like, this will be our room and this will be your girls' room...etc etc.....
After 3 WHOLE months of knowing each other and going on "dates" and what not...there had been no kissing no nuttin. I don't know what gave her the inkling that we would even consider living together....like ever
Old 09-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #51
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Reminds me of this woman that contacted me from a dating site about a year ago.

After talking on the phone and emailing twice, without asking me, she reserved a room for us on the Queen Mary and was going to fly over (she lives in Hawaii) to spend the weekend with me.

I said, no, I don't even know you and she says: "but I can tell already we have a real psychic bond".

Uh, no we didn't.

(No offense to anyone with psychic abilities).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #52
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I was on a first date with this woman and we went out for dinner, she asked me odd questions that only became clear in retrospect. After dinner I asked her if she would like coffee.

She answers “So what do you think about cleaning yourself out? How about a coffee enema? I have equipment at my apartment.”

I’m like no, thank you, I just meant do you want a cup of coffee. To drink.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with coffee enemas if you are into them, but I don't think you should just go there on the first date. And it is a non sequitur to ask someone if they want to come back to your apartment for a coffee enema even if they ask if you would like a cup of coffee.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #53
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
After dinner I asked her if she would like coffee.

She answers “So what do you think about cleaning yourself out? How about a coffee enema? I have equipment at my apartment.”
So what you are trying to say is that offering to give someone a coffee enema is a shitty way to end a date?

Katniss~~(I know, I know....low hanging fruit but I couldn't resist....)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #54
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Same. Thank gawd it was a little opal cadet. Funny I don't remember her name, but remember the car.
Well, if you had to push her to get her to start up, I'm sure you'd remember more about her.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #55
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

"are those real"
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #56
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
see? ME. this has happened to me TWICE. Absolutely humiliated and knew what it looked like when I reached into my bag and.... omfg. ...no...nonononono.... NOOOOOOOO.
FUCK!!!!

then begging them to swing past my place so I can re-imburse. Of course they won't. they are too polite. I look like a dickhead.

I am a seriously bad date half the time.

One time I sat and babbled about the chemistry of this one women's job for 15 min while she stared at me in glazed boredom.

another, two bicurious drunk 20 somethings came over to our pub table and started talking to me and trying to pick me up cause they loved my breasts. Luckily my date thought this was fucking hilarious as she watched me try and deal. But mostly that would not have flown. I could not get rid of them cause my date was sniggering and so I turned and said "right. since this is so amusing, I'm going to the loo. YOU can get rid of the leg humping yorkies." they were gone when I got back.

another, I realised mid-date that she was one of my very long term (we grew up down the road from each other) old friend's ex-wife. And introducted this fact by putting down my fork and said "omg. I know your dog! really well, actually..."
"really? how?"
"cause I've known your exwife for 27 years?"
Bad, bad date

I could go on. seriously. I have lists of these. One I knocked myself out on a tree branch.
You should seriously write your memoirs. I'd buy the fuck out of that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
"are those real"
This is where having a glass eye would come in really handy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #57
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with coffee enemas if you are into them, but I don't think you should just go there on the first date.
You keep disturbing those around me by making me laugh. This time it was just the cats. But still. Think before you cause folks to guffaw.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #58
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

About five years ago, my mom fixed me up. That should have been the red flag right there. Anyway, this butch and I were to go on a date at Christmas time when I visited my mom and dad in Florida. So she starts calling in October. And calling and calling. When she said, "Now I have something to look forward to," that was it. I told her honestly that it was too many calls. And I was dating anyway. When I got home that Christmas, she had sent a centerpiece to my parents. Flowers and piney stuff. She called one more time, and I gently said no.

But implying that a date with a stranger gives you a reason to go on . . . uh no. Not a good idea.

I met her ex, a neighbor of my mother's. And she seems cool. But perhaps she is an ex for a reason.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #59
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
One I knocked myself out on a tree branch.
LOL! Was there a second date?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #60
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Same. Thank gawd it was a little opal cadet.
I had one of those. Navy blue. Sadly, they are shutting down the manufacture of opels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: