Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #3181
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

The post card project seems neato... Like maybe I wanna do it next time.

Side question: who here lurves fountain pens with an unholy passion?
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #3182
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Stepfordfemme's envelope came in the mail today, and I'm still enjoying the aftershocks of the Postsecret orgasm they gave me. Every postcard and secret was DAMN good! I knew this femme had that extra something when I met her at the Reunion, and this confirms it. Thanks, Stepfordfemme!

POSTSECRET project (closed for sign up, due by end of month)

1. Jennifer/nycfembbw (wrangler)
2. ahk
3. Gemme
4. pajama
5. Bleu-RECEIVED
6. Laneydoll
7. Stepfordfemme-RECEIVED
8. Cara
9. laruss
10. Tommi

Info:

Postcards due end of Feb (Send me a package with all the postcards, and I'll send you one back with postcards from each person participating). If in US send me 5 dollars for shipping. If in Canada send me 10. Please send me your package without any confirmation or need for signature. It's more likely to get lost at the nyc post office while it waits for me to come sign it than it is to just reach me without all that. To determine the number of postsecret postcards to make, subtract one (yourself) and you will know how many cards to make. PM me your address and I will send you mine IF we've never sent each other anything in the mail before (almost all of you I have before). You can make all the same postcard or all different ones. Secrets can be anonymous or you can sign your name, and you can let me decide who gets what or you can specify by writing it on the reverse side of the postcard (e.g. To: ahk From: Bleu -- or just From: Bleu or just To: ahk). All secrets must be kept secret and sacred, because while some go for light or not personal; some use it for catharsis. Postcards do not have to be 4x6, just reasonably sized. If you want to specify a "from" or a "to" (reminder: you can leave blank if you want, and I'll decide and you'll be anonymous), but you used both sides of your postcard for the project then just put it in a ziploc type baggie and stick a label on it or write on the baggie with permanent marker. For examples of postsecret, go to http://www.postsecret.com or http://www.photobucket.com and do a search for "post secret" or "postsecret"

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #3183
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam View Post
The post card project seems neato... Like maybe I wanna do it next time.

Side question: who here lurves fountain pens with an unholy passion?
My grandfather introduced me to the joy of the fountain pen - I have collected several over the years - and even enjoy the magazine (just) for that ... something about how the flow of the ink - glides over the paper ... I've toyed with making my own inks now and then ... and making my own quills...something I've yet to perfect ... but I try it now and again.

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #3184
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanolecowboy View Post
My grandfather introduced me to the joy of the fountain pen - I have collected several over the years - and even enjoy the magazine (just) for that ... something about how the flow of the ink - glides over the paper ... I've toyed with making my own inks now and then ... and making my own quills...something I've yet to perfect ... but I try it now and again.

I like to rescue them from flea markets and thrift stores, get them functional again... I love the Fountain Pen Network for that, lots of "how to"s including an ink making forum.

And then I write long boring letters to my family who never write back... lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #3185
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I like to rescue them from flea markets and thrift stores, get them functional again... I love the Fountain Pen Network for that, lots of "how to"s including an ink making forum.

I'll have to check the link out - thanks for sharing ... I was actually thinking (briefly anyway) - that all of us pen and paper people (for lack of a better term) - should share some of our resources for such ... I know everyone has their favorite shops/online resources/etc...might be fun...whatya think?

The ink aspect intriques me - being a calligrapher - also toying with the idea of some creative ways for stamps and wax seals ... ahh...so many things to do - so little time...lol Thanks for sharing.

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #3186
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I got into calligraphy as a teenager. Once I was loading ink into a calligraphy pen and I poked the inner side of my thumb and literally gave myself a tattoo that I still have! It's a little dot of black ink on my top inner thumb.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #3187
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pens

Hi everyone. I am in the design mode of my postcards. Now to select the paper.
I have some very old fountain pens in a curio cabinet, and the tips that are fun to write with. An open bottle of ink around my house would be a blotted disaster with the furpkidz who like to help every time I write.

Here's the link...to some fine handmade pens from a BFP Mmember.
www.virginiafwi.com

We have someone here on the sight that makes a most wonderful pen. I have several that are just what I wanted, and with the ink that flows just as I like.

Hoping to see a display again at this year's Reuinion. Also a pen can be custom made just for you too.

Stay tuned for the next project. It could be a blast

Last edited by Tommi; 02-16-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #3188
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

This part of what you wrote made me smile. I write, and always have, long chatty letters to my brother all the time and he never writes back or mentions them. We see each other in person and have a good relationship but it's just not his style to say thanks or comment or respond. A lot of letter writing is the process itself, or so I'd guess, because I don't stop writing him

Quote:

How do I... ?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #3189
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

I want to do it! Just ran across this thread and I would love to be part of it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #3190
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Cool, stay tuned. Current project ends at the end of Feb and then we'll announce another project

How do I... ?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #3191
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Cool, stay tuned. Current project ends at the end of Feb and then we'll announce another project
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #3192
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanolecowboy View Post
I'll have to check the link out - thanks for sharing ... I was actually thinking (briefly anyway) - that all of us pen and paper people (for lack of a better term) - should share some of our resources for such ... I know everyone has their favorite shops/online resources/etc...might be fun...whatya think?

The ink aspect intriques me - being a calligrapher - also toying with the idea of some creative ways for stamps and wax seals ... ahh...so many things to do - so little time...lol Thanks for sharing.
Ooh baby! I got links! TONS of links... lol I'd love to share. Since I'm new to the thread, I'd have to ask if we want to keep the discussion here, or move to a new thread, because I don't want to be a horrible thread-jacker. (Though I probably should've thought of that before I asked here!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #3193
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

maryam, it's fine to post here.
Seems relevant to me.

How do I... ?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #3194
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Hi everyone. I am in the design mode of my postcards. Now to select the paper.
I have some very old fountain pens in a curio cabinet, and the tips that are fun to write with. An open bottle of ink around my house would be a blotted disaster with the furpkidz who like to help every time I write.

Here's the link...to some fine handmade pens from a BFP Mmember.
www.virginiafwi.com

We have someone here on the sight that makes a most wonderful pen. I have several that are just what I wanted, and with the ink that flows just as I like.

Hoping to see a display again at this year's Reuinion. Also a pen can be custom made just for you too.

Stay tuned for the next project. It could be a blast
Ooh, purty pens! Thanks! Also exploding projects make me happy!

Quote:
This part of what you wrote made me smile. I write, and always have, long chatty letters to my brother all the time and he never writes back or mentions them. We see each other in person and have a good relationship but it's just not his style to say thanks or comment or respond. A lot of letter writing is the process itself, or so I'd guess, because I don't stop writing him
I mail one a week, as well as a few post cards. Not all to the same person, most people get one a month or so. I usually have two or three letters going at once and when I've got a few pages, I send them out. I figure I'm doing my duty to keep the USPS in business. Even if I did buy about a bazillion forever stamps last Christmas right before the rates went up! The funny thing is, my big three letter receivers are my niece, one of my sisters and my mom. They never write back, aside from Christmas and Birthday cards, but heaven help me if a month goes by and I miss sending one out to them! We also email and phone call and skype a lot, but the letters are special. My sister is all "Well, you send such long letters and I can't write anything that long." I tell her not to worry about it, just send me a short note! It's all good!

I'm thinking about getting into paper-making too. Like I need anther hobby/addiction.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #3195
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I can very much relate. Who I write to has little to do with whether they are also letter writers. It's just who is on my mind and, I think, who I have a history with. Some people are very kind with "thank you"s and that feels just as good to me.

Quote:
I mail one a week, as well as a few post cards. Not all to the same person, most people get one a month or so. I usually have two or three letters going at once and when I've got a few pages, I send them out. I figure I'm doing my duty to keep the USPS in business. Even if I did buy about a bazillion forever stamps last Christmas right before the rates went up! The funny thing is, my big three letter receivers are my niece, one of my sisters and my mom. They never write back, aside from Christmas and Birthday cards, but heaven help me if a month goes by and I miss sending one out to them! We also email and phone call and skype a lot, but the letters are special. My sister is all "Well, you send such long letters and I can't write anything that long." I tell her not to worry about it, just send me a short note! It's all good!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #3196
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

BUMP. How's everyone's projects going? Please take an extra one or two weeks if you need it. For any of those stuck or pressed for time, please don't drop out. It is absolutely fine to write your secrets on simple paper or already made postcards. Keep it as simple as you want or need to.

2. ahk
3. Gemme
4. pajama
5. Bleu-RECEIVED
6. Laneydoll
8. Cara
9. laruss
10. Tommi

Info:

Postcards due end of Feb (Send me a package with all the postcards, and I'll send you one back with postcards from each person participating). If in US send me 5 dollars for shipping. If in Canada send me 10. Please send me your package without any confirmation or need for signature. It's more likely to get lost at the nyc post office while it waits for me to come sign it than it is to just reach me without all that. To determine the number of postsecret postcards to make, subtract one (yourself) and you will know how many cards to make. PM me your address and I will send you mine IF we've never sent each other anything in the mail before (almost all of you I have before). You can make all the same postcard or all different ones. Secrets can be anonymous or you can sign your name, and you can let me decide who gets what or you can specify by writing it on the reverse side of the postcard (e.g. To: ahk From: Bleu -- or just From: Bleu or just To: ahk). All secrets must be kept secret and sacred, because while some go for light or not personal; some use it for catharsis. Postcards do not have to be 4x6, just reasonably sized. If you want to specify a "from" or a "to" (reminder: you can leave blank if you want, and I'll decide and you'll be anonymous), but you used both sides of your postcard for the project then just put it in a ziploc type baggie and stick a label on it or write on the baggie with permanent marker. For examples of postsecret, go to http://www.postsecret.com or http://www.photobucket.com and do a search for "post secret" or "postsecret"[/QUOTE]

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #3197
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
BUMP. How's everyone's projects going? Please take an extra one or two weeks if you need it. For any of those stuck or pressed for time, please don't drop out. It is absolutely fine to write your secrets on simple paper or already made postcards. Keep it as simple as you want or need to.

2. ahk
3. Gemme
4. pajama
5. Bleu-RECEIVED
6. Laneydoll
8. Cara
9. laruss
10. Tommi

Info:

Postcards due end of Feb (Send me a package with all the postcards, and I'll send you one back with postcards from each person participating). If in US send me 5 dollars for shipping. If in Canada send me 10. Please send me your package without any confirmation or need for signature. It's more likely to get lost at the nyc post office while it waits for me to come sign it than it is to just reach me without all that. To determine the number of postsecret postcards to make, subtract one (yourself) and you will know how many cards to make. PM me your address and I will send you mine IF we've never sent each other anything in the mail before (almost all of you I have before). You can make all the same postcard or all different ones. Secrets can be anonymous or you can sign your name, and you can let me decide who gets what or you can specify by writing it on the reverse side of the postcard (e.g. To: ahk From: Bleu -- or just From: Bleu or just To: ahk). All secrets must be kept secret and sacred, because while some go for light or not personal; some use it for catharsis. Postcards do not have to be 4x6, just reasonably sized. If you want to specify a "from" or a "to" (reminder: you can leave blank if you want, and I'll decide and you'll be anonymous), but you used both sides of your postcard for the project then just put it in a ziploc type baggie and stick a label on it or write on the baggie with permanent marker. For examples of postsecret, go to http://www.postsecret.com or http://www.photobucket.com and do a search for "post secret" or "postsecret"
Thank you, Jennifer. I'm going to need a smidge more time myself. I started really strong but am having difficulty now, so I really appreciate this.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #3198
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Mailing them in the AM

Quote:

2. ahk
3. Gemme
4. pajama
5. Bleu-RECEIVED
6. Laneydoll
8. Cara
9. laruss
10. Tommi ~ 9 Postcards 2 the Post office first thing in the AM, into the mail 2/28 , including $$

Info:

Updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #3199
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Default Did I miss it??

Did I miss sign up?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #3200
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Cool Sign in soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post
Did I miss sign up?
Why..no. This one closed a while back.

Look for a new one to join, as soon as nycfembbw has this one wrapped up I'm guessin'.

If one hasn't been posted yet, I'd like to Wrangle this one

Last edited by Tommi; 02-27-2013 at 10:19 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types