Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:54 PM   #5381
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

And off the sake of good grammar, here we go:

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than a week late, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #5382
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Hi, GeorgiaMa'am, glad you brought this up. Here's how I would clarify it:

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, . . ."
Thanks nycfem. I see how it could be read either way. Can I suggest the following? My change is in blue:

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than 7 days after the due date or drops out of a project for whatever reason, . . ."

Or, we could define that "due date" means "due to the wrangler", not "due to be mailed", which is where I was getting confused.

-Georgia
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 08:05 PM   #5383
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

One more thing I would like to ask you all about:

For those of you who applied something wet (paint, glue, etc.) to your ATCs, how did you get your cards to lie flat? I did the best I could, but mine are definitely warped.

-Georgia
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #5384
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

GeorgiaMa'am, great call there. I added your clarification below:

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #5385
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

For those of you who applied something wet (paint, glue, etc.) to your ATCs, how did you get your cards to lie flat? I did the best I could, but mine are definitely warped.

-Georgia
You know, I had/have the same question. I have a couple of spare cards with me, and one is definitely warped and the other is not. The warped one is painted and the other is not. (Not going to say much more, shhhh) however, the painted one, the base isn't even painted. ..I applied a painted piece and. ...warpage!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #5386
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

You want to get good, sturdy watercolor paper if you are going to be applying anything wet to your cards. Card stock is not meant to absorb moisture, or other kinds of paper. Getting watercolor paper and cutting your cards from there should help.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #5387
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

-Georgia
Okay, you have some options with this.

You can apply gesso to both sides before you start to paint/decorate/etc and that will help straighten the paper out a bit more.

Using dense or high quality paper helps too.

You can adhere the paper to something firm, like a cut piece of corrugated cardboard and that will help it maintain a flat shape.

Another option is to flip the piece over face down and leave a heavy object, like a big book, on top of the piece overnight.

Now, for the other issue.....

I'm all for clarification. In this particular wrangle, like nyc said, it's a little different because the project was based on a particular mail out date versus a particular receiving date. I'm not going to throw Breathless under the bus since her project isn't here yet for that very reason. Would it have been nice to have it by now? Sure, but Canadian/American postal services don't have a history of running especially expeditiously so there will be some leeway there.

It's about balance. If the project isn't here within a reasonable amount of time, then we'll have to revisit that because two weeks is the longest it's taken, in my personal experience, to get a standard package from point A to point B.

As for nyc's point about postage, I see things differently. That should be part of the decision folks make when they decide if they can participate in a round. I always take postage into consideration as well as time frame, materials, inspiration, theme, etc. I don't think it's out of line for me to ask how long it would take for a package to get to the UK or to Canada or wherever and to dish out a few more bucks, if necessary, to get it to the destination within whatever time frame it needs to be.

I think the changes are great because everyone that's considering participating needs to be crystal clear going into projects and rounds.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #5388
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just wading in on the date deadline.....I mailed a personal package to you, Jennifer, on January 3rd. My ChinaPost tracking said it cleared customs to leave China on January 16th. Sometimes, those not living in the US have no control over the postal service. Yes, it went airmail. This is one reason I've only participated in projects due at the beginning of July and even then I have sent them express mail as CanadaPost has its issues. Perhaps there can be some consideration as the need arises for those not living on the continental US.
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 07:02 AM   #5389
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Just wading in on the date deadline.....I mailed a personal package to you, Jennifer, on January 3rd. My ChinaPost tracking said it cleared customs to leave China on January 16th. Sometimes, those not living in the US have no control over the postal service. Yes, it went airmail. This is one reason I've only participated in projects due at the beginning of July and even then I have sent them express mail as CanadaPost has its issues. Perhaps there can be some consideration as the need arises for those not living on the continental US.
Do you feel that there has been inconsideration towards you and others throughout the years who are not in the continental US?

I feel we all want to be inclusive of everyone but sometimes customs can really bog things down. I know that I appreciate that you take the mail flow into consideration when you sign up for projects and, as you said, send your packages so they will reach their destination in a timely manner when you are in Canada.

Part of the reason we designed the tardiness rule was how long it was taking work to come in to the wrangler, if it came at all. Just like there are consequences to not meeting a deadline in the real world, we had to come up with consequences here too as we all take time out of our lives to do these projects and no one should have to wait weeks and even months for those projects to go out. It sometimes holds up future projects and really takes the morale down, in my opinion.

I'm obviously not outside of the US, but I do believe that in 99% of the rounds, ample time is given to complete the project and get it to the wrangler. This time things were a bit tighter. If I'm missing something, please let me know specifics as this would help others going forward the next time we have a round that includes international participants.

Should we have one long round with an extended arrival date, maybe around the time that you are in Canada? It's really too confusing to have multiple projects going on at the same time unless they are super short and easy ones, I think, but one long and one short in short succession might work.

I don't see why we can't make any adjustments that are necessary for all to feel as included as possible but we can't draw out every round either. We have to strike the balance between the two.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #5390
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I think it would probably work best if someone from outside the US wants to participate in the project and you think you would not be able to get your project in on time when looking at the expected due date for the project to be received, then speak up before the sign up closes and tell us what date would be safe to say the project must be received by before they get mailed out. Then that date would apply to everyone so that we all know, "This project must be received by May 1st (with seven days late arrival flexibility), no matter where it's coming from." If we don't go with an arrival date as the due date then we are stuck with waiting indefinitely if a project is not received when a person says that they mailed it out. We want to be able to rely on knowing the project will be received within a week of whatever due date has been originally agreed upon. (Noting, as always, Gemme's project is different because of the special Leap Year thing).

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 04:47 PM   #5391
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Gemme and Jennifer ....... I'm not commenting on whether or not the project is completed and mailed out in 'good time', I'm commenting on the postal system outside of the USA. Perhaps people not from the continental USA require an earlier date or something due to the length of time necessary for it to go through the processing or perhaps the participant needs to consider the cost of an express service before signing up (I've always considered this the few times I've participated).

One of the reasons I choose to only participate with a project during the short window of time I'm in Canada is not only the length of time the mail takes to get to where ever its going but that mail frequently doesn't get over here to China. (Again, Jennifer, the packet BB mailed to me around the same time I mailed one to you still has not arrived. More than likely its stuck in customs here in China.)

On a 'happier' note, I'm relocating back to Canada after this school year so I am indeed looking forward to more participation (at the minimum, reading posts in a relatively close time-zone!).

Deb

Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #5392
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I received Breathless' package! The post office is closed now and I still have to do her bonus piece so everyone's package will go out either Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for such a lovely wrangle, penpallers!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #5393
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the update, Gemme! Can't wait to see how these turned out!!!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #5394
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks for the update Gemme! I am so excited to see all the different interpretations....

Old 03-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #5395
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Gemme, just to let you know I received the card with the $5 in it back because i forgot to put a stamp on it! I just stamped it and it will go out again Monday. Sorry about that.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2016, 09:32 PM   #5396
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Gemme, just to let you know I received the card with the $5 in it back because i forgot to put a stamp on it! I just stamped it and it will go out again Monday. Sorry about that.
Okie dokie.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #5397
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Unless bad things happen, the projects will go into the mail today.

*crosses fingers*

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #5398
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

The projects went out today. CCB and nyc should see theirs Thursday and everyone else except for Breathless should see theirs Friday. They don't even bother to put an estimated delivery date for Canada. It's kind of like 'good luck, dude' and that's it.

clay's went to the new address. I know when you read this, you are going to wonder.

Look for a padded envelope. Some are small and brightly colored and some are larger and manila. I didn't have enough of one kind or another to do them all the same. I really think you all are going to enjoy the pieces. There's a lot of diversity from all of you and then I just did a lot. I mean, I lot. Some are okay and some are really, really good but I did a LOT of pieces. Again, I apologize to those who were struggling with inspiration as I apparently took it all.

Intrigued? Excited? Good!

You have wait!!!

Neener, neener!

It's totally worth the wait, I promise!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #5399
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

clay's went to the new address. I know when you read this, you are going to wonder.

Intrigued? Excited? Good!

You have wait!!!

Neener, neener!

It's totally worth the wait, I promise!
I totally knew it would come to my new dojo!!!!!!

I am excited

You know I am eagerly awaiting to see all the works....

Hurry up Friday!!!!! Have to go back to old place that day to release property to managers for it...do walk thru...yada yada....:0 SO will have a package when I come home...yay!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:49 AM   #5400
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I realized that I forgot to include one set of my cards when I sent out the packages. That's what happens when everything's spread all over from my home painting project. There's still plenty enough to go around but I think it may have been a subconscious decision since the more I look at them, the more I like them. So they shall stay with me.

Anyway, happy St. Patty's Day, penpallers!

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
artists, creative types