Notices

Old 01-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #441
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mexican craving & going to be in Chicago? On my list to try next.........

La Mejikana 1820 S Ashland Chicago

I guess it's only fair that my nephew rub it in after a recent business trip to Chicago about this new place he discovered! I mean after all I've been texting him how our temps here were in the high 40's with sunshine while he's in the frozen tundra of Green Bay..

Anyways.. he raved about this establishment and Queso Fundido which is melted chihuahua cheese mixed with homemade "Rajitas" chile pablanos and to definitely add chorizo. I looked it up on Yelp and it does look delicious as do tons of other dishes and several of their cocktails .....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #442
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Going to be in Chicago around Valentine Day?

1908 W Division Street Chicago

If you are and need a grab-and-go bouquet for the holiday check out this place. Owners Molly & Heidi should be able to fix you up in no time...
Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #443
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Peninsula Pies.........

38955 Hansville Rd NE Hansville, WA (about 15 minute drive from Kingston)(360) 860-1436 So far they are only open Wed - Sat Across the street from Norwegian Point Park and Point No Point Beach.

Me and Mary shared this and it was wonderful.....
Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #444
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Peninsula Pies (Pizza) 8955 Hansville Rd NE Hansville, WA

Smaller establishment with a small menu but Huge flavor pizzas!

Check hours as they vary depending on the season.
Sorry I forgot to add the picture in this post & the address in incorrect.......
Old 02-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #445
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Amazing Skyline Views..

1118 N State Street

If you're going to be in Chicago and looking for someplace with them plus food and cocktails, check out Devereaux on the 18th floor of the Viceroy Hotel.

I can only vouch for the cocktails and views, both were spectacular!
Old 02-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #446
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you're meeting friends down around the Loop area.....

The Dearborn 145 N Dearborn St

I ended up visiting this place numerous times because of its location and goodies to satisfy a sweet tooth! My first visit I stuck with just the Chef Julianna's Hot Chocolate with homemade marshmallow that was wonderful! Because it was so friggin cold that day, the bartender asked if I wanted to add a shot of Bailey's to warm me up just a bit further but because I was meeting someone and didn't want to show up with liquor on my breath I passed.

My second visit I sampled a churro with pineapple mousse, ice creme, and a warm rum toffee sauce that was to die for!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #447
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

If you're ever in Canada, drive across all of it...it's huge, geographically spectacular, and not very crowded.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #448
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Graze Restaurant, Madison, WI. It's up on the square. It's run by one of the best chefs in town, Tory Miller. He also runs Le'toile.

Homoe, clear out your private messages, please. I want to talk at ya!
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #449
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default For the morbid folks!

https://www.nmfh.org/

The funeral museum in Houston!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #450
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Not a fan of deep dish pizza?

If you're in Chicago and looking for some good thin crust then head to Vito's & Nick's at 8433 South Pulaski Road.

I haven't explored much of the South Side of Chicago, but luckily for me my dining companion knows it like the back of her hand. We ended up here on a very busy Friday night and because she had some "in or pull" we got a table in short order. I am not a pizza snob let me say that right off the bat! I enjoy NY style, thick, deep dish, thin, hot or cold, fresh, leftovers, hell I've even purchased a frozen one a time or two but this pizza was delicious! All veggie toppings were fresh and the meat was not the least bit greasy. I was introduced to many of the waitstaff, other diners, and I think even one of the owners if I'm not mistaken. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere almost as much as I enjoyed the food!

Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed..
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #451
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If you're in Chicago and looking for some good thin crust then head to Vito's & Nick's at 8433 South Pulaski Road.

I haven't explored much of the South Side of Chicago, but luckily for me my dining companion knows it like the back of her hand. We ended up here on a very busy Friday night and because she had some "in or pull" we got a table in short order. I am not a pizza snob let me say that right off the bat! I enjoy NY style, thick, deep dish, thin, hot or cold, fresh, leftovers, hell I've even purchased a frozen one a time or two but this pizza was delicious! All veggie toppings were fresh and the meat was not the least bit greasy. I was introduced to many of the waitstaff, other diners, and I think even one of the owners if I'm not mistaken. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere almost as much as I enjoyed the food!

Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed..
Glad you're back, we missed you.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #452
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Brunch in Chicago anyone?

May I suggest both Mortar & Pestle 3108 N Broadway and The Delta 1745 W North Ave

I had amazing french toast with warmed syrup at Mortar & Pestle!

Waffles and chicken is a combination I've always wanted to try so I did at The Delta. The Waffle was crisp and the chicken was fried to perfection and not the least bit greasy.

Sidebar: Neither take reservations, and Brunch seems to be a favorite past-time in Chicago at least on the weekends so go early! Again I was lucky, my dining companion had some pull at both so we got a table in record time.......
Old 02-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #453
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Mindy's Hot Chocolate 1747 N Damen Ave Chicago

All I can say about this place is ..Y U M

They have way more than the name suggests tho so if you're looking for food, drink, pastries, deserts, and some great hot chocolate check this joint out! The homemade marshmallows are not to be missed, I could of easily made a meal out of them alone.

Sidebar: They sell & ship as well. I don't know if this happens to others but sometimes in real life, something posted from online pops into my mind!
For some reason this place reminded me of Kittygrrl's posts this winter! If I'd of had her and her loved one address, I just may of sent them a little something!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #454
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Copper Fox Gastropub 155 E Ontario St, Chicago

Light and fluffy delicious house made biscuits are served in hot cast iron skillets and served with whipped honey butter. Crab hush-puppies... OUTSTANDING!!! The Pork Porterhouse was enough to feed us two and then some!

If you're down around the Magnificent Mile and have worked up an appetite head here, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #455
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Not food related but:

https://www.toyandactionfiguremuseum.com/

In Pauls Valley, Oklahoma

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #456
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Not food related but:

https://www.toyandactionfiguremuseum.com/

In Pauls Valley, Oklahoma

OMG thanks for the post! I'd go here in a heartbeat!
Old 02-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #457
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
OMG thanks for the post! I'd go here in a heartbeat!
No problem! I pass by this often on my travels!

Albert Einstein
Old 02-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #458
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Andersonville..........

Little Bad Wolf 1541W Bryn Mawr Ave

After book shopping at Women & Children First stopped here for a late lunch. Started out splitting the grilled hearts of romaine and then we moved on to the steak frites. I thoroughly enjoyed the salad, the steak frites, not so much! IMHO skirt steak can be flavorful but often it's not the tenderness. I also thought it was WAY overpriced. Next time I'll try something else or just stick with the salad!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #459
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Always heard about Schaumburg and .........

Woodfield Mall......

Even tho I'm not one much for malls, I have to admit this was pretty darn impressive!

Love From Chicago, is a must for souvenir seekers! I found several clothing items here for my grandniece as well as something for myself! Prices were very reasonable, more so than right in Chicago at least IMHO.

No matter what you're looking for, chances are you'll find it here.....
Old 03-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #460
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Brown Sugar Bakery........

600 East Grand Ave Chicago (Navy Pier)

We split a piece of Caramel Cheesecake but anything with a caramel topping is a winner IMHO......