Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default What was the first scary movie you saw? How old were you?

About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

The War of The Worlds. I was probably about 6 or 7. It didn't scare me at all. But I read Hansel and Gretal and I was terrified for years. It wasn't the witch that did it, it was the cavalier way the parents decided to get rid of their kids. Tricking them into going for a walk in the woods and leaving them there pretty much freaked me out. I regarded my mother and father with suspicion ever after.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

The Exorcist. I think I was about 7 or 8. It didn't bother me too much, but I remember my friend I was watching it with got really freaked out and her parents got mad at us for having it on.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,340 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.
I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

Amityville Horror....I was almost 4. My mom was watching it...I had woke up and went into the living room to ask my mom if she would go down the hallway to turn on the bathroom light for me cause I was scared of the dark....before she went to turn the light on...I had already seen enough to scar me for life.

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

LOL!

QUOTE=Teddybear;856682]I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y[/QUOTE]
Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar View Post
I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet.
LOL! I bet she could'nt sleep in her bedroom for a month.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My mom loved horror movies, so I had exposure to them early on. However, one that reeeeally creeped me out and caused me to check and double check the bathroom before entering (the window was mottled like an old Coke bottle and created creepy shadows) and then dash in, do what I had to do, and dash out equally fast was a movie similar to this but scarier:

About that same time, I saw this:

So, there I was, 8 years old and not able to enjoy either the bathroom or the community pool. I took a lot of sink baths in the kitchen for a few months.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

The first scary film I remember seeing was Jaws. I saw it at the pictures with my mother and sister. It scared me half to death! I couldn't even sit down on the toilet to pee without first checking for fins That was the first time I remember being aware of 'happen music'. DaDumDaDumDaDum.....

I was 10.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I don't remember the first one I saw, but I for sure remember being quite young and watching the Exorcist. My (ex-Catholic) mother had to give my sister and I crosses to wear to bed that night (true story).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
Shay McGee

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
open

1 Highscore

Shay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST Reputation

I used to creep up past my bed time and peek over the stairs to watch Tales From The Darkside . There was one episode about a woman who turned who turned into a giant spider and ate her victim. I kept having bad dreams about the show, but that didn't stop me . I still was still sneaking around to watch the show regardless of my nightmares.
Shay McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shay McGee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking I was about 5yso,it was a movie about dinosarus,the movie house was huge as it had an orcastra(sp) pit,stage plus three balconiees of seats to watch the shows.I remember it being dark,loud with sounds of the dinos,screaming of the actors.I remember hideing behibd the seat and looking over the edge of the seat.I have had a fasionation with dinos every sence,I really dig the old rubber suited Godzilla movies,cheesie as all get out bit love them anyway.T think the name was "land of the Dinosarus" .
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
EmJay

How Do You Identify?:
femme

EmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST Reputation

Eye for an eye. I was 6 years old and it made me have nightmares of Keifer Sutherland for YEARS.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EmJay For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

'X the Unknown", "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "The Blob". all before the tender age of 7. Lets just say slimy things freak me the hella out.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Probably around 5 years old I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV while my brothers were off being born or something.
That child-catcher guy with his nose and his net and that wagon?
My blood still runs cold and I'm feeling fear NOW even thinking of that character.
Who's the sicko who'd put that character in a children's movie???
FFS!!
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #17
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #18
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.
That book was creepy as shit too!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. .
Argh! Did you have to remind me of that movie! Terrifying to little me!
*unsubscribing from this thread!!!!*
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

First scary movie was Poltergeist. I was in first grade.

I don't watch many scary movies now. Haven't even seen famous scary films like the one where the little girl is possessed (name escapes me at the moment) or the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I don't mind suspense fims (Argo had my stomach in knots!), but I really don't like being terrified or grossed out.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post: