Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default When will America turn "Blue" ?

I've had something on my mind, for the past few years, concerning cartography depicting much of America sitting in "Red", rather than a majority of states as depicted in "Blue."

Anybody ever notice how it's a major section in the middle of America that is "Red," rather than "Blue"?

I saw a map online, over on the NBC news website, and there it was, this big stretch of "Red" in practically all the mid-section of the US, with "Blue" sections sparsely situated on the west coast and a few handful of "Blue" states on the east coast.

I've always wondered why that is because what has the GOP (or a GOP-centric president) ever done for the people who live in states where people have farmed for several generations? Remember the horrible flooding that damaged tons of farming communities and those very people were hurt by current DC admin policy? There was a huge outcry about how these people had bills to pay, couldn't pay there bills and didn't have time to replant and possibly lost everything they had, financially, due to the way they've been stranded by a very corrupt way the government has handled farming communities and disasters that have ruined not only their crops but affected their ability to generate any revenue to support themselves.

Not one peep in the news about how FEMA helped these people out, which makes me think that FEMA probably never allocated enough money to help farmers address the complications they faced this calendar year or in the past three years.

But it's not just farming communities who occupy the mid-section of America. There's also the great lakes region: The dying 'rust belt' communities who have long been ignored by corrupt politicians who govern these particular states. I think of Michigan's toxic water issue in Detroit and other surrounding communities affected by lack of employment because there's no work to be found, anywhere. People stuck in horrifying situations with no way to be liberated from the financial devastation they've been slogging through for years. People losing their homes, their credit record sitting in a pile of ashes, with no hope of ever being liberated from that which has left them little to no hope of ever being corrected in their favor.

How is it that people affected the most can abide a "Red" state of politics?

I know I couldn't handle it at all and I worry that my own state on the west coast will bleed entirely "Red" this year. The only part of my state that is "Blue" is the metro area I live in. But I have been seeing signs of that horrible mentality espoused by those who think in terms of "Red" and I worry that my state won't be strong enough in "Blue" based politics.

I thought I would start a thread tonight that talks about this type of phenomena in the US. The fact that maps of the US depict more states as "Red" rather than "Blue."

I often wonder when maps will turn into a sea of "Blue".

If any member reads my post and has any sort of ideas or has come across any sort of information about why this is, I would appreciate any dialogue about this particular thing because I seem to observe this whenever it comes time for an election. I often wonder why people tolerate "Red" politics when that brand of thinking or politics has never really helped them address long standing issues, which become worse over time (generation after generation).

If you've made it this far with reading my post, I thank you.

And thanks in advance for any discussion offered about this particular subject of interest.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: