Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > BFP Folks Under 30

Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation
Default Generation X Break Ups

I know there's probably a thread about this outside of the 30 and under, but break ups for our generation have changed drastically from the older crowds. There's no more sincere dinner and adult talking it out, our generation has little caring for expressing our feelings in the right way, writing letters, facebook messages, and text messages to break up with someone is just so wrong. My very first girlfriend decided to cheat on me for a week and then text message me a break up note while I was in the middle of class in high school. I was crushed! And looking back now it was SO immature of her it still gets my blood boiling.

Now I use music to sooth my emotions after a break up, probably one of the worst things I could do, but it helps. I start listening to fuck her music and then slowly turn into I'm a better person music, and then stuff about being independent and sexy girl power music. It's very... therapeutic.

Experiences? Comments? Concerns? How do you deal with a break up at your age, in the generation we're in.
No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDrug View Post
I know there's probably a thread about this outside of the 30 and under, but break ups for our generation have changed drastically from the older crowds. There's no more sincere dinner and adult talking it out, our generation has little caring for expressing our feelings in the right way, writing letters, facebook messages, and text messages to break up with someone is just so wrong. My very first girlfriend decided to cheat on me for a week and then text message me a break up note while I was in the middle of class in high school. I was crushed! And looking back now it was SO immature of her it still gets my blood boiling.

Now I use music to sooth my emotions after a break up, probably one of the worst things I could do, but it helps. I start listening to fuck her music and then slowly turn into I'm a better person music, and then stuff about being independent and sexy girl power music. It's very... therapeutic.

Experiences? Comments? Concerns? How do you deal with a break up at your age, in the generation we're in.
Do I have Generations confused?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

Are you educated or indoctrinated?

Last edited by DapperButch; 08-12-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Trying to steal MY generation. ;-)
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm... Was I Generation X? Or was I Generation W, maybe....

Anyway, I don't remember any sincere dinners and adult talking it outs. In our 20s, we were more like wrecking each other's cars and calling each other's employers.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Hmm... Was I Generation X? Or was I Generation W, maybe....

Anyway, I don't remember any sincere dinners and adult talking it outs. In our 20s, we were more like wrecking each other's cars and calling each other's employers.
Oh, hearing the stories of exs outing each other to their employers! hahahaha Talk about panic!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I think generation X is evolving in an interesting way. I identify very much with this (my) generation (those approximately born post-baby-boom, in the 60s and 70s). I haven't read current info about us, but I don't think we are where we were last time I heard about us. Many of us came from single-parent homes and/or had step-parents, many of us came home to empty apartments/houses after school, many of us were independent young through necessity, we grew up less tended to than the generations before and after. Many of us were atheists (last time I read about us), we were difficult to market to, we were disaffected. But I think generation X seems to care more now that we've grown up more. I'm not sure.

I've done a good job with some break-ups and a bad job with others. I've been broken up with badly and I've been broken up with well. I prefer friendship with exes when possible. Sometimes it's not. :/

I think there's some confusion with this thread because it's in the "BFP Folks under 30" category, but if it's really about GenX, I'm excited.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I think generation X is evolving in an interesting way.

.... Many of us were atheists (last time I read about us), we were difficult to market to, we were disaffected. But I think generation X seems to care more now that we've grown up more. I'm not sure.
I agree with the above...how we were perceived and how we have changed.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Off topic: Those born after '77 are called Millennials. I'm a "Cusper." That is, I was born in '77 and feel comfortable with many of the characteristic traits between Gen X-ers and Millennials. The dates may differ a little bit, but this is what we've been talking about and learning at work recently.

On topic: I think access to technology has its good and bad points. On one hand, I can date someone half-way around the world and remain in very good contact with them. On the other hand, our lives, including our relationships and break-ups, are more visible if we have an online presence. And let's face it: Anyone born after 1990 has an online presence.

More to say, but feeling pulled in too many directions at the moment.

TTFN!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Off topic: Those born after '77 are called Millennials. I'm a "Cusper." That is, I was born in '77 and feel comfortable with many of the characteristic traits between Gen X-ers and Millennials. The dates may differ a little bit, but this is what we've been talking about and learning at work recently.
Yes, or Generation Y. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: