Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
My friend, a crush actually, is the same way *smiles* I love it. Everything is a puzzle to her and in turn she is a puzzle. She had me fascinated because I could never tell how she was feeling or what she was thinking due to her own confusion about my own expressions and things. You aren't unapproachable hny!

You just need to be you and someone will take interest in you and maybe be the one to approach.
Ha ha! I'm more approachable online I think. I carry myself like I'm 10 feet tall and bullet-proof. I'm a little thing but I'm mighty.

Actually, online flirting isn't hard for me. It's easy for me to use plain language and little emoticons. I don't have to "read" the person's body language or facial expressions. There's no guesswork. It's cut and dry. I've also been told I flirt all the time but I don't. I'm just kind and friendly to everyone and I guess it gets taken out of context sometimes.

Honestly, at this stage in the game, I don't want to be with somebody who doesn't have the guts to approach me. I'll drop a hankie so-to-speak but you gotta do the rest guys.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #62
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
Ha ha! I'm more approachable online I think. I carry myself like I'm 10 feet tall and bullet-proof. I'm a little thing but I'm mighty.

Actually, online flirting isn't hard for me. It's easy for me to use plain language and little emoticons. I don't have to "read" the person's body language or facial expressions. There's no guesswork. It's cut and dry. I've also been told I flirt all the time but I don't. I'm just kind and friendly to everyone and I guess it gets taken out of context sometimes.

Honestly, at this stage in the game, I don't want to be with somebody who doesn't have the guts to approach me. I'll drop a hankie so-to-speak but you gotta do the rest guys.
I also understand that as well! I really like getting to know you That's right, it's no fun if you have to do all of the work. You are worth knowing.

I flirt friendly but I am also friendly to everyone so that means sometimes people mistake one for the other. I try to be as clear as possible to avoid mix ups.

I can see how online flirting can be easier than in person. It's easier to crush too probably?
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is your flirtation style?

Quote:
Ha ha! Oh my God, I'm so turned-on by cockiness and I know I shouldn't be. I don't know what's hot about some butch thinking hy's God's gift but if somebody did walk up to me and invite me to go home with hym that night, I wouldn't but I wouldn't be able to resist talking with hym for a bit. I like dominance but there's always that fine line. If you end up with somebody like that, do you end up having to deal with the massive ego for the duration of the relationship or is that just what hy leads with?

Oh, and I have no game. My problem is I can't read facial expressions and body language well so I'm never quite sure who I should be flirting with. A friend and I were just talking about this today. My problem is when I'm out at a club or something like that, I may see somebody I find attractive but I don't know how to subtly let them know that. I either look away because I can't deal with the uncomfortable eye contact or I smile in a kind of weird way because I'm nervous....I dunno. I've been told I'm unapproachable but I'm not sure how to be approachable without, I don't know, overdoing it. So yes, flirting is a big puzzle for me.
Girl_On_Fire:

A smile and eye contact works.. It lets the butch or guy you like know you are receptive and hy/he can approach you..

Kent
Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #64
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Girl_On_Fire:

A smile and eye contact works.. It lets the butch or guy you like know you are receptive and hy/he can approach you..

Kent
If I can relax my mouth enough to actually smile and not grimace this could work. lol! Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #65
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If I can relax my mouth enough to actually smile and not grimace this could work. lol! Thanks!
My friend uses this trick - wearing sunglasses. Maybe not in a club but it works so she can look in a general direction of a person, even making it seem like she's keeping eyecontact but really she is looking off to the side. It might help you relax.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #66
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is your Flirtation Style?

Quote:
Girl_On_Fire:

Try the eye contact first and you may not even notice that you are smiling before you know it.. Try it..
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #67
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I have flirted very openly with butches at work with my eyes and smile. Honestly, I have had some look at me like I'm crazy, but the interesting thing is when they start to hover around my desk and try to get the eye contact back after I give up. Part of me wonders if they just didn't believe I'm gay and another thinks their ego misses the attention. Either way, I often hear butches say 'I'm shy.' Well, hey, I'm a shy person too. It hurts a femme just as much as it hurts a butch to put herself out there and be rejected.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #68
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
I have flirted very openly with butches at work with my eyes and smile. Honestly, I have had some look at me like I'm crazy, but the interesting thing is when they start to hover around my desk and try to get the eye contact back after I give up. Part of me wonders if they just didn't believe I'm gay and another thinks their ego misses the attention. Either way, I often hear butches say 'I'm shy.' Well, hey, I'm a shy person too. It hurts a femme just as much as it hurts a butch to put herself out there and be rejected.
yes it does hun. yes it does. you stated that very very well , thank you soo much.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #69
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flirting

This thread looks fun.
I will not give up all my secrets but I will start here.

When I see (or read) someone that I find interesting I introduce myself and just start talking to them.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #70
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

In real time, I'll start with a smile then more than likely strike up a conversation with them.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #71
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to use humor...perhaps I need to reevaluate this approach.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #72
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flirting

I have been thinking about the flirting statement below because I do the exact same thing when I want to make a new friend.

I guess the difference would be the conversation topics.
For example, conversations on golf verses romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This thread looks fun.
I will not give up all my secrets but I will start here.

When I see (or read) someone that I find interesting I introduce myself and just start talking to them.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #73
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

My flirting style is trying to telepathically communicate that I like them and getting mad when they don't get the message. Hehe.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #74
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattih View Post
My flirting style is trying to telepathically communicate that I like them and getting mad when they don't get the message. Hehe.
LOLLLL

Cute!
TL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #75
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Ok... so, I have this look. If I am interested and you can see me, you know.

I am pretty shy so someone would have to start the conversation but that someone would definitely know.

Also, my body language. I am pretty good at that.

When I was a teenager, my friends used to make me go to the beach with them. If they liked some group of guys.... they would ask me to give them "the look". They ended up picking them up and I always went home alone. LOL

If I like you and we are in RL, you know......

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #76
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Awkward. The more strangely I behave the more I like someone haha. *forever alone*
Old 01-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #77
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My style?

Obtuse.

In both directions.

It's a good thing I like being on my own.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #78
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hm, kind of depends on the energy I have going with the person but generally it will fall into categories of:

Humor, joking around
Eye contact
Forgetting to do any of that and blurting out a blunt "hi, I like something about you. Can we explore that?"
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #79
jingles76

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

jingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputation

Humor....Works on me . Might as well try it on others lol
jingles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jingles76 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #80
jingles76

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

jingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputationjingles76 Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Wrang1er;1035995]I tend to use humor...perhaps I need to reevaluate this approach. [/QUOT

Wrangler. You had me at knock knock lol
jingles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jingles76 For This Useful Post: