Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-18-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Smile NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS

I see a need for this thread, you can say your a member of NA or narcotics anonymous or say your a friend of Jimmy K. a founder of NA....

This is a place for addicts to share there experience, strengths and hopes for one another...
Also what's going on in there life, positive or negative and not be judged at all, by others...

we are here to help one anonther stay clean...

I have been clean now for 20 years.....
So I pretty much have heard it all....If you don't want to share publically on this site then you can message me and we can talk that way....

Helping others , helps me , stay clean....

OK your turn.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Forgiveness does not change the past,
But it does inlarge the future...
Old 11-28-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thumbs up

Just for today, I will keep posting to keep this thread alive;;
I hope others will come and post.

Without faith there is no hope, so have faith in
good times and bad (these times will come and then go away)....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not an addict but my stepdaughter and several stepgrandkids are, so I know too well how addiction can tear a family apart.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #5
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

GayandGray that is so true....alcohol/drugs can wreck any family and no one ever knows if or when it will show its ugly face,(addict) ,\
I'm sure you have educated yourself by watching what happens in your family....
Tough love is hard but necessary in almost all cases, including mine when I was out there...

I'm glad you stopped by and posted.....

Last edited by pumpndude; 11-30-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: add more content
pumpndude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #6
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Smile

Just For Today-from todays reading...

"In my desire for romance, I will not ignore my recovery"...

In early recovery we have enough feelings to deal with ,so why add more...but
we are going to do what we want, I did get into a relationship in early recovery years ago and I relaped...so I learned to always put my recovery
first, If I didn't I would of relapsed again...
Old 12-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thumbs up

Happy New Years to all in recovery.....

Hope 2017 will be a good year for all, one day at a time....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM   #8
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

My nephew has been at the salvation army for 9 months....recovery part.

he was a hard core cocaine and Gambler i am so great full for them as he recognises life changing boundaries.... vital with his mom,my sister.

he is sober and it seems 2017 may be a great life changing year for all of us.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 01:42 AM   #9
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

firegal- willingness to go to a recovery center is the first part on his journey...
I do believe that anyone going to a recovery center needs to stay 6months to a year ....a 30 day place is called a spin dry...I only know 2 people that stayed clean and sober from 30 day place....

You probably know this but if you don't , it is a good thing for family members to go the Alanon,(its for family and friends of a loved one to learn and get support from good people....

I'll keep your nephew in my prayers,,,thats what fellow people in recovery do for one another...

if you want to talk , I will be around and if not take care
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #10
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Cool Hey

HI to all, another day clean....

Faith: "As we develop faith in our daily lives, we fin that our Higher
Power supplies us with the strength and guidance that we need....

Just for Today; I know that faith in my Higher Power will not calm the storms of life, but it will calm my heart. I will let my faith shelter me in times of trouble....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
My nephew has been at the salvation army for 9 months....recovery part.

he was a hard core cocaine and Gambler i am so great full for them as he recognises life changing boundaries.... vital with his mom,my sister.

he is sober and it seems 2017 may be a great life changing year for all of us.
Salvation Army is really an outstanding program.

I have very few clients that made it through. A lot of them have a real issue with the rules, expectations, core of focus on God/the Bible and work/employment expectations/requirements.

If your nephew has made it 9-months, he is truly committed to his recovery. It is impressive.

Just an aside: there are virtually no 6-month to a year other programs that are treatment oriented (that are affordable or covered by insurance anymore). My county program contracts for 90-day residential but only 90. There is about a month waiting list for most of them, too. We can't even put someone directly in residental treatment after detox due to the sheer volume of clients that we get.

They have to wait for a detox bed even when they are mentally and physically ready to commit to getting clean and sober.

Clients have to pay for additional time (beyond the 90 residential days) and they have to pay for sober living if they want to go that route since sober living is not treatment, there is no money for that.

We are all afraid of the potential of Trump and the Republicans decreasing funding for healthcare because mental health and substance use disorder reatment is always first to go.

I hope it is ok to post this here but it is the current reality of treatment.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #12
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Cool

Hi Anya, I did not know that treatment facilities don't offer extended programs anymore...thanks for the post

I'm going to check on one facility that did or still offers extended programs for you to live there for longer periods of time....and after 30 days there , then you were allowed to go to school or get a job...and then return to facility after both....

thanks again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #13
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpndude View Post
Hi Anya, I did not know that treatment facilities don't offer extended programs anymore...thanks for the post

I'm going to check on one facility that did or still offers extended programs for you to live there for longer periods of time....and after 30 days there , then you were allowed to go to school or get a job...and then return to facility after both....

thanks again
I am sure that they exist but there are virtually no insurance companies, no Medicare/Medi-Cal or Medicaid that will pay for long-term, extended residential treatment.

If a family is wealthy or if the individuals themselves are wealthy and have outstanding health coverage- of course.

There is always treatment to be found for those with money-whatever illness one might have.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #14
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if it is from AA or NA (thinking AA)... but here is one that has saved my butt so many times:

"pause when agitated"

I did not go to treatment. One day I told myself I had had enough, picked up the phone and found a meeting to go to.

I did not have a clue what I was getting myself into. I was scared to death but went anyway.

So thankful I noticed the downward spiral had picked up excessive speed there towards the end. Humiliation had become the key feature in my life.

Years before, a seed had been planted. I was waiting my turn for a haircut and while pretending to be engrossed in a magazine, eavesdropped a conversation from the woman in the chair. I remembered how impressed I had been with the things she said about 12 step groups and recovery from mind-altering addiction.

I had had enough pain.

A friend of mine, precious young 26 year old gay man, died of a heroin overdose last year. I have known him since he was about ten. In fact, both his parents are in recovery, met them in group ... that is how I came to know Ryan. He was such a loving little soul. Broke my heart when he died. So unnecessary.

Great thread! Thanks!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Exclamation

Your right Anya, on the fact if your rich you can be in a recovery home for as long as you want....but I do hope that there are some facilities for poor, or people with insurance...I'll pray on that...

Welcome RockOn,

Sorry to hear about your loss, I have seen people come and leave, some stay for a short time or a long time ...and over the years I have lost friends and one sponsee, I really tried to help her see the light, but she committed suicide..she was determined to be with her girlfriend who killed herself
too....overdose
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #16
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Cool

Happy St. Patricks Day to all....

I noticed this thead started going and then fizzled out..

Just for Today I hope this thread come alive again....

Tags
12 step recovery, friend of jimmy k, narcotics anonmyous