Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #61
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I sleep if I'm not feeling well.
Wood work when I feel creative
Take photos when I'm happy
Workout when I feel really good
Snow shovel when it needs it
Cook when hungry
Love my wife like there is no tomorrow.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #62
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

nurturing myself:

this is something quite new to me, actually..
over the years i've taken care of everyone but myself..
and learned at the beginning of this year that it's important to take care of me too... so this is something i've been working on, lots..

i've a high need to take care of people - so putting myself on that list was a difficult task... but taken very seriously..

i'm rewiring my healthy eating plan - taking new steps each week to put myself on the path for a healthier lifestyle and healthier ME!

napping..
good night's sleep..
daily exercise..
treating myself to a hot relaxing bubble bath..
painting my fingernails & toenails..
finding ways to destress, constantly!
quiet time with a good book
reading the newspaper first thing in the a.m..
getting outdoors and enjoying the fresh air, LOTS..
hiking, walking, swinging at the playground, skipping rocks on the water, star gazing, so many little things that bring me joy & peace..
and mostly, laughter! lots & lots of laughter!

All ways of nurturing myself ♥ and it feels GOOD, to make time for these things...

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #63
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation
Default I nurture myself by

Taking a hot soak in the tub

sleeping in

going to the farmer's market, taking my time getting fresh produce and flowers

reading something that feeds my soul

meditating

going for walks and looking at the moon

conversating with good friends ;-)

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #64
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Reading...nurtures my brain

Yoga...nurtures my body and emotional well-being

Hiking... nurtures my soul
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #65
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?

Oh, yes. In every way possible. I don't even know how to describe how I do it. It's just second-nature to me.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?

I wouldn't even know how.

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?

I had no choice.

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?

None.

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?

I think it's absolutely essential to health and well-being. Wanting to be close to others and share experiences, stories, and lives makes sense but depending on others, unless the situation is emergent, is, in my opinion, a recipe for an unhappy and unfulfilled life.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #66
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Self-care and positive thought/energy

Self- care is more than a physical ritual, really. Yes I drink herbal teas and take care of my skin/body with healthy food but I also meditate, spend time outdoors, make fun whatever I do, I dream and follow my gypsy soul passion.

I spend time with friends, community and I try to experience and learn as much as I can about other cultures.

I choose to be happy.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #67
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

What I do to care for myself is for the most part choose to be happy,another thing I do is keep negetive people out of my life as much as possable,I also allow myself to have things I want without guilt.I went through some therapy to beable to finaly release whatever was holding me back from injoying my life.I have always taken care of everyone but me,now I can relax then have some fun.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #68
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I try to take good care of me, most days. But I find that getting enough rest (sleep) and finding time or making time for quiet time -- reading a book I have put aside, or wandering outdoors for a walk by myself, or even pampering myself with a long bath and giving myself a pedicure and manicure or trimming up my hair just a skosh -- is something that aids my sense of "doing something good for me" kind of thing.

I also like it when home life is relatively quiet because my work day can often be quite hectic. So coming home to a quiet household is precious, to me.

I also, because it has always been like this for me, seek out others who are quiet like me, ensuring somehow that notion that centers itself on the quiet side of the spectrum.

But I also practice mindfulness, and I try to be mindful of myself and others in my life. It's not always easy to do, so when life seems to complicated or I feels stressed out by life itself, I just commit to make time for me. To make sure I feel like I am getting what I need, making sure I can meet my own perceived needs. That way, I am not wanting for much and it helps to know I can meet my own needs.

When I can't meet my own needs or wants, then I just have a long talk with myself and find a place in my mind where I feel things can be okay.

Thanks for the forum topic to share, Jesse.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #69
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I do plenty now days to nurture myself,get away from 'ALL OF IT'.I slept too much today but I really needed it.Last weekend was a gathering of lost souls.."snort".You know the kind.It's a place where we try to run away from all of it by camping,swimming,drinking,smoking,listening to one another.I will also fish and shoot guns and take long walks through the forest and listen to silence.My heart is good so i'm not afraid to be alone with myself while out in the woods.I also try to get 1 hour of excercise every morning to get the old heart pumpimg,keeps you strong and limber.I also love writing,typing,taking pictures.I'm also a sex maniac,but lets not go there
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #70
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default One with myself

Sometimes I will just shut it all out,sitting alone and by myself.I've been told when i do this i look spaced out..but believe me,that's when i'm at my most awake.It's just that i'm thinking really hard,coming up with my next plan,my next best idea..bare with me and try not to interrupt.

In other words...i'm drowning you out on purpose,but for a good reason...to listen to my own inner voice,my own thoughts.

Then,I come back..rejuvenated..of course,a hot cup of black coffee can give me a similar buzz.

Relax,the world will still be there,waiting for you...
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #71
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

every day I tell myself I am good, I am kind, I am important!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #72
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
every day I tell myself I am good, I am kind, I am important!
don't forget...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough...and gosh darn it! People like me
Old 11-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #73
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
don't forget...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough...and gosh darn it! People like me
OMG it's Stuart Smalley!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #74
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm starting to do this a lot more now. Nurturing myself is something I've always done but I've been kind of neglecting myself this past year. So now I'm making more ME time.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #75
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

one of the most difficult decisions I had to make about nurturing myself was to rehome my horse. It was taking too much out of me physically to warrant keeping her. I was depleting myself to keep my love of her around. I finally submitted to reality and rehomed her into a fantastic forever home. And I am feeling the physical benefit of it. I have so much more energy now. I can do more because I am not laboring myself to death.

additionally, I garden, and I garden differently now. I have raised beds. I hire someone to do the heavy weeding and mulching, tilling, etc. To be in my garden fills my soul. I cant wait for the roses to bloom this year!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #76
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nurture

I like to be alone in nature.

Working on the ranch mowing, clearing brush, and gardening all feed my soul.

Being on the water boating or on the beach rejuvenate me.

Spending time with with my kitties or outside with wildlife calms me.

I am a nature guy.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: