Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #101
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Two of my fave books are Night by Eli Weisel and Things Fall Apart by Achebe...
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #102
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I love all of her writing. Bastard Out of Carolina really stuck with me! Wow, what a woman, what a writer!
It struck a very personal chord with me .. I identify deeply with Bone.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #103
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ah, the sweet smell of bookdust!

Great thread, Diva! I will be a frequent poster, I'm sure. I've managed a bookstore, worked in a a GREAT indie bookstore in G'ville, MS where we stopped for tea at 4PM everyday, and then was a Librarian for years!
Right now I'm in the process of simplifying my life. This includes even-gasp!-getting rid of some of my books! I am not sure what I'll be doing with them. Perhaps I'll put some one here on Queerbay, gratis, of course. I'll never charge family for books!
*sniffing bookdust*
Lady_Wu
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #104
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Two of my fave books are Night by Eli Weisel and Things Fall Apart by Achebe...
Night is one of my favorite books as well. I was fortunate in that I was able to talk with Mr. Weisel when he gave a lecture for my AP English/Lit class in high school. He was such a very nice man and was very patient with us teenagers asking him so many questions. I learned so much that day.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #105
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Normally my preferred reading genre is true crime. I have a favorite book called Mistresses of Mayhem by Francine Hornberger. It details centuries of women criminals, from Elizabeth Bathory to Lizzie Borden, and many others. The book itself is actually very poorly written and has lots of typos and errors, but I still like it just the same...lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #106
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I read tons of true crime. I always enjoy Ann Rule, Carlton Smith, Harold Schecter, and Aphrodite Jones, among many others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Normally my preferred reading genre is true crime. I have a favorite book called Mistresses of Mayhem by Francine Hornberger. It details centuries of women criminals, from Elizabeth Bathory to Lizzie Borden, and many others. The book itself is actually very poorly written and has lots of typos and errors, but I still like it just the same...lol
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #107
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Florida genre fiction

some of my fave authors:

carl hiaasen
randy wayne white
lawrence shames
tim dorsey

lawrence sanders

not to derail but has anybody bought an e-reader? if so, which one? and why?

thanks!

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #108
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post

not to derail but has anybody bought an e-reader? if so, which one? and why?

thanks!

Negative.

There's something so special about the feel and smell of a book (especially library books!). But then, I am rather tactile and a bit old-fashioned.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #109
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default oliver sacks

music o p h i l i a
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #110
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

Just started "Whip Smart" by Melissa Febos -- so far, it's really intriguing!! Thanks to nycfembbw for lending it to me!

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #111
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Female Masculinity
by Judith Halberstam
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #112
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default what, nobody has read anything in over a year?

Currently reading:

[ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Miss-Peregrines-Home-Peculiar-Children/dp/1594744769"]Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children[/ame]

Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #113
sanee66

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

sanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputation

I am in a book club and we are reading Bleeding Kansas right now. One thing i haveenjoyed about joining this club, othetr than it is all lesbian women lol, is i haveread books by authors i never would have picked up before. Some of them I consider good and some not so. I am more into sci fi and paranormal. Love Laurell Hamilton, Sherilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, lots of sex scenes and strange actions going on lol. I have read all of Anne Rices older stuff and for those of you who are curious about the Beauty series, it is not anything like who vamp novels, but EXTREMELY good lol. I have all of Steven Kings books and just saw on tv that Bag of Bones is coming to tv, and have read the Dark Tower series is going tobe a movie Yeah!!! Anyway that is what i like to read.
sanee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #114
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

I am about to start Stephen King's 11/22/63. Looking forward to it. The print is small compared to my KindleYes I bought the actual book, wanted to keep it on my shelf.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #115
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I just got the new book from Amazon today by Jeanne Cordova: "When We Were Outlaws", described as "...a love story set between sixties radicalism and the rocky but energetic blast-off of the lesbian movement...queer history that recaptured that reminds us of our roots.

"...the first lesbian conferences, the first women's music festivals, the first gay centers...lesbians in the SLA and FBI witch hunts".

It looks great and I am going to start it now

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #116
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

BUMPING this thread because it's a bit different than the "what are you reading" thread!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #117
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

A book that I have truly enjoyed is A Name Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.

I was hesitant at first simple because of the way the friend who recommended it described it! I've given copies of this book to countless friends, family members, and even a relative stranger standing next to me at my favorite used book!
Old 09-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #118
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A book that I have truly enjoyed is A Name Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.

I was hesitant at first simple because of the way the friend who recommended it described it! I've given copies of this book to countless friends, family members, and even a relative stranger standing next to me at my favorite used book!
sorry that SHOULD read.....A Man Called Ove
Old 09-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #119
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I am reading *Fly Girls*

It is about the early days of women in aviation (and aviation in general) and the downright bullying they took to make way in a man’s world of aviation.

It’s a really good book!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #120
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I'm making a list of books I have either missed or overlooked as I watch The Great American Read series on PBS.

Their Eyes Were Watching God a 1937 novel by African-American writer Zora Neale Hurston and Another Country by James Baldwin are first on the list!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: