Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #4241
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be doing housework as the first workout of the year. I don't want to venture into the gym just yet but need to get back to moving more so it's that and a walk outside later. Maybe I'll play with my home workout gear too. I've got balls! And cables and bands and weights too. I can do a hella wicked core workout.

Hmmmm…..

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #4242
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

I'm tired today,so day off,I may try 3 days on 1 day off
will plant some of the plants I bought,and do the front lawns,must admit even Scout is tired lol
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #4243
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today was 30 minutes on the Matrix Climbmill for me. Having to use it so often has helped me adjust to it, as happens in life. I even did a pattern today, and I love doing a pattern. I did Each level for five minutes from 6 down to 1. Level 1 I did without touching the sides.

I ran into one of the fix-it guys and asked for an update on my fave stairmaster. He said that it needs a new monitor and that it has been ordered. He said it can vary widely how long it takes for it to arrive, depending on whether it's in stock. I'm just glad that progress is being made, and in the mean time- I've started to improve my relationship with the ClimbMill.

Happy exercising in the New Year!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #4244
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 6mi run on a rubber band.

6mi on a damn treadmill...ugh!...anyway, gym was closed, so used my apt's "gym"...in any case it's the moving that is important...it was frigid out today, snowing...about 18 degrees...well running on a treadmill for me feels so strange, but am grateful that I had it to do my mileage. Have a terrific 2019 exercisers...and keep on keepin' on, Greco

Hooked, Hacked, Hijacked: Reclaim Your Brain from Addictive Living: Dr. Pam Peeke at TEDxWallStreet

dig this video and Dr. Peeke...this is about the benefits of
moving...including health facts...and funny. Welcome to 2019!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #4245
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did 30 minutes on the Climbmill today.

I seem to have developed a new routine:
- go over to the two stairmasters
-See that the second fave one is in use
-Come closer
-See that the fave one still has the "out of order" sign on it
-Go to the climbmills

I did the same pattern as yesterday: 5 minutes of Levels 6 down to 1. It was great. I feel proud of myself for adjusting to not doing everything exactly the way I want. That's hard for me. Routines are so valued by me, and small changes unnerve me. I am doing good

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #4246
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I'm catching up in recording my exercise. Thursday, Friday, and today (Sunday) I did 30 minutes on the Climbmill in the pattern of 5 minutes of Levels 6, then 5, then 4, - etc. - down to 1. My heart rate was 150-155. Doing 5 minutes at level 2, followed by level 1 does not create enough intensity to maintain my heart rate where I want it even if I do not use my hands/arms. So I've been holding a 2.5 weight in each hand when I get to those last 10 minutes, and that works for me.

Thursday: I came in and Judith was reading the NY Times topless. I came back after my workout and Judith was still reading the NY Times topless.

Friday: On the two climbmills next to me was a gay couple doing synchronized climbing where they incorporated skip steps and extended legs- like ballet style. It was a site to behold, very impressive.

Saturday: no exercise (rest lungs)

Sunday (today): I ran into an old friend Lakysha. She's a real talker but in a very nice way. I like her a lot. She's a chubby Black woman around my age who works in finance. She said that she likes to take a break from the gym now and then and go to a spin class that is not at the gym, like at Cyc or at Soulcycle. She suggested we do that sometime after work. She said it feels good to switch things up. I've never done a spin class. Hmmm... Anyone have any spinning advice for a first timer?

I am almost all over my latest bronchial type illness. I am hoping to get good sleep this week so that it doesn't creep back. Cuz ya know how it is when an illness is not completely 100% over and you stress yourself and it returns. I'm hoping to avoid that.

My gym has a slogan for 2019 that I'm having a hard time remembering. The one for 2018 was "Commit to something" which always struck me as funny and also pretty great. I'm adjusting to this one. It's (*thinking*): "It's not fitness. It's life." I kind of like the concept but it will need to grow on me.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #4247
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't taken a spinning class but my old gym had their spinning room next to the locker room so I walked by it all the time plus the owner of the gym was constantly trying to get me to do her class.

First rule of any new class, go in early and speak with the instructor and let them know you've never done the class before. They will find a bike for you and help set it up and give you tips. They actually make spinning shoes and may have some for rent, depending on the location. SoulCycle typically makes customers rent shoes if they don't have their own cycling shoes as the machines are designed for cycling shoes. If not, choose good fitting sneakers with good ridges still (not worn down) to avoid slippage.

I think it's awesome! It is loud and the music is always high energy. I would start slow to build up to the crazy stuff but it always seemed like a good time. I just never wanted to do it by myself. Having a friend there would be great.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #4248
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oooh first spin class!

Like Gemme said, have the instructor help you set up your bike. If it's not set right your ride will suck and you could injure yourself.

Your butt is going to hurt. It takes like six good rides to condition your butt to the saddle. If you have padded bike shorts wear them or you can get, without spending too much, a padded saddle cover that you just slip on before riding. It will help. But you'll still be a little sore.

Don't try to do everything the instructor says. Don't be afraid to turn down the resistance and sit and drink water. Just keep your legs going because your heart rate is going to probably be really high and you can't just stop moving, you have to slow down.

My exercise experience today will be a 6pm spin class
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #4249
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, and the shoes for Spin...

Most bikes have pedals that one side has a "cage" that you can strap your foot into if you don't have the cycling shoes, and the other side of the pedal has an SPD clip for you to clip in if you have the shoes. Call the gym you are going to to check but most have an option to wear regular gym shoes. You just want to make sure you have a firm sole on the shoe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #4250
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanks so much for the spinfo!

Lakysha followed up today with a text linking me to her fave spin classes. I wrote back "Cool!" I'm always slow to try something new... but I sometimes eventually get there!

Today was... you guessed it: the stairmaster! I actually got to the one stairmaster that is not out of order and did 45 minutes with repeated sets of 2 min each of levels 6 down to 2. Being back on it made me realize how well I've adjusted to the climbmill. It's often a blessing in disguise to be pushed out of one's comfort zone.

I chatted with an anorexic (or maybe recovering anorexic- who knows) woman who wears lots of pretty bracelets. She let me touch them, and then she said, "Where are your bracelets?" I hemmed and hawed.

Peace out, exercisers!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #4251
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 7.5

Looking forward to Spring...3months to go...in the meantime this am 7.5mi in
the cold...Not as icy cold and snowy as last week...spent a couple of days in the
gym...well, I'll be in there at least twice a week...yes, weights, and running when
it's under 20degrees...why don't I enjoy the gym? I prefer running out of doors, on
solid ground, even if it's frozen sand...gym is also rather distracting...will leave it at that.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #4252
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Saturday: 1030am Out to shovel (measured 8.25 inches on my deck)

FYI: 8.25 inches of snow has a weight of:

"More average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more..." Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds."

No wonder I broke the shovel and my back likely will say the same Sunday morning....

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #4253
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 40 minutes on the stairmaster. I got the stairmaster that is not out of order, fun! I did a pattern of 3 sets of 2 minutes at levels 7,6,5,4,3,2. Then at the end I did 4 minutes at Level 1 to cool down.

I've had kind of a hard winter with upper respiratory distress. I'm on the regimen that seems to work the best for me in the winter: flonase, prilosec, and zyrtec. Still, I don't feel my best, so that always makes things harder.

I ran into the perfect mother. She was standing in a thong and bra at the coffee machine. She said that she didn't usually stand naked at the coffee machine. I wanted to be like "Girl, that's not naked." Then we both saw a gym regular who always dresses ravishingly. This time she was wearing a suit that she made and had sewed colored buttons on it in patterns. It was stunning and we fawned over her.

On a Saturday night at the gym I like to look at all the other people who have chosen to be at the gym on a Saturday night. It's like a secret society.

Keep it moving, friends!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #4254
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I “hiked” through the woods to see a waterfall I had no idea was there! It’s small and comes off the 1.5 acre pond into the creek. Half of it was frozen. Very cool.

Also the cutting and dragging of branches and small trees.

Not too bad.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:57 AM   #4255
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post

"More average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more..." Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds."

No wonder I broke the shovel and my back likely will say the same Sunday morning....

Ks-

"SNOWBLOWER" helloooooooo lololol or electric shovel !!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 AM   #4256
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

*Hoping no one is in a thong at the coffee bar when I go in this morning*

I find I over dress when I'm out working on the weight floor. There are so many men there, beefy weight slamming men. I have very little regular exposure to men in my life. Pretty much my work husband (typical Harley Davidson Biker Teddy Bear) and his two staff, all who are small quiet men. Anyway, it makes me feel weird to be so surrounded and I feel less weird when I cover up. Note, I've not had a bad experience with any men there. It's my own stuff.

I'm headed to spin class. It's the screechy 9am girl. I prefer the 4pm Sunday class with this old dude who plays classic rock and works us hard. However, I'm trading that for a date night with my Spouse. Early morning screechy spin class it is. I might bring ear plugs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #4257
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I got up super early this morning and went to my favorite place, nearby, to walk the lower trails and to watch the sunrise. It was super cold, very windy, and the view of three volcanoes was spectacular.

I spent about an hour walking with my poles and while it was exhilarating, my body is slowly getting acclimated to an variety of sensations I feel when I walk in different weather conditions.

The wind was my friend today....

No other exercisers around; but I did see an hawk flying above the tree-line nearby and wondered what the hawk saw, as the bird sailed upon the thermal rifts above.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #4258
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post

Ks-
I noticed you haven't posted yet today, so I was wondering if it's because your back feels like it was hit by a Mack Truck.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #4259
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

back on the treadmill today woo hoo!

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #4260
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Originally Posted by ksrainbow

Ks-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
"SNOWBLOWER" helloooooooo lololol or electric shovel !!
Anyone that wants to give up the $300-$700 for a decent snow blower is certainly free to buy me one. I can't imagine ksrainbow would turn that down either. lol

I feel your pain, ks! My employer won't get me a snow blower and I manage a 2 acre property. Even with a snow plow vendor, that's still a ton of snow left over for me to deal with. My sympathies go out to you. Rest up, stretch often and apply heat to your back.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights