Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:15 AM   #141
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yum!!! Thanks for those three recipes, tantalizing. I've got fresh chick peas in the fridge, so I will definitely try out your hummus recipe. And I think I will try out your vegan Gyro too, for supper tonight. Thanks for all three of the links.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #142
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Tantalizing??? I made the vegan gyro and it was sooooo good! I even had an extra one for my bff/sil to sample and she loved it too!

My blender died though, when I used the fresh chicken peas to make hummus. It's officially broken tho, because I kept buzzing the contents of the hummus mix until the rubber blade parts came flying out below the blender, lol (or not).

But the hummus is yummy too!

I really like the vegan gyro recipe and it will become an anchor type meal I make often. It was that good!

Thanks so much, Tantalizing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #143
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
So, within the past 3 weeks, I have been monitoring my caloric intake and keeping it to between 1100 and 1200 calories per day. What an eye opener to really pay attention to a true serving size, even with a plant-based diet. I also upped my daily work outs to be more strenuous. Many positive outcomes, however I started to get a lot of bruises, especially on the back of my calves. Big ugly ones. It almost looked like someone was hitting me. I did some research and realized it is an iron deficiency. I went to the local Vitamin Shoppe for a vegan iron supplement recommendation. I told the guy I definitely did not want one that would jack up my system. A woman at another store told me to take Megafood Blood Builder Mini's, and they are amazing. My bruises faded quickly and I haven't gotten any weird ones that can't be accounted for. And no constipation. Not only does it have iron, but it also is made with beets, oranges, and broccoli. One other added plus is it also contains B12, which vegans lack in their diet.

So, an FYI for anyone looking for a vegan iron supplement.

https://www.amazon.com/MegaFood-Buil...+builder+minis
Thank you for the tip Tantalizing! It is really appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #144
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Tantalizing??? I made the vegan gyro and it was sooooo good! I even had an extra one for my bff/sil to sample and she loved it too!

My blender died though, when I used the fresh chicken peas to make hummus. It's officially broken tho, because I kept buzzing the contents of the hummus mix until the rubber blade parts came flying out below the blender, lol (or not).

But the hummus is yummy too!

I really like the vegan gyro recipe and it will become an anchor type meal I make often. It was that good!

Thanks so much, Tantalizing!
Oh no!! I am glad you enjoyed the meals, but it is no bueno for your blender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Thank you for the tip Tantalizing! It is really appreciated.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2018, 05:34 AM   #145
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Going to a friends for dinner tonight and making this for the first time. Fingers crossed it comes out as good as it looks in the pictures.

Chocolate, Peanut butter, and Oreo Cheesecake:

https://thegreedyvegan.blog/2018/06/...er-cheesecake/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #146
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Green Smoothie

It's been a while since I've shared one of
my Green Smoothie recipes so here is today's:

After my run this morning...all ingredients are
Organic And Non-GMO

aloe vera approx. 4 oz

Bragg's nutritional
yeast for Bvits 1 tablespoon

wheat grass
powder 1 "

ground chia
seeds 1 "

beet greens 1 handful
high in potassium

Spinach 1"
protein and then
some

blueberries 1"

bananas 2

almonds 1 handful

filtered H2O 32 oz

+ love and gratitude

It was delicious, and will have the other
half for dinner at 4pm...have found that my
body loves a green smoothie not too late
or else I'll be awake until later than usual.

Enjoy

whole-plant based eating, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #147
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Favorite vegan cheese I should try...GO!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #148
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
My favorite Is Daiya. Very good for pizzas.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #149
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
My favorite Is Daiya. Very good for pizzas.
Thank you! I am having a hell of a time giving up cheese, but am wanting to head at least more in the direction of being vegan if not being totally vegan.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #150
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
it really depends what you're looking for, none of them melt well..but my favs at the moment

Chao Creamery Vegan Cheese, Slices, Field Roast -for grilled cheese sandwich etc.-

Treeline Treenut(French-style) Cheese-is a soft spreadable cheese made from cashews. They have several varieties but I've only had the herb garlic and it was good-

to be truthful, I haven't had a Vegan cheese that is an exact copy of dairy cheese, but they are getting better with time!

it's fun to have a Vegan cheese party for 2 or 20 and try several- create a cheese board with crackers, figs, grapes and wine
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #151
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
it really depends what you're looking for, none of them melt well..but my favs at the moment

Chao Creamery Vegan Cheese, Slices, Field Roast -for grilled cheese sandwich etc.-

Treeline Treenut(French-style) Cheese-is a soft spreadable cheese made from cashews. They have several varieties but I've only had the herb garlic and it was good-

to be truthful, I haven't had a Vegan cheese that is an exact copy of dairy cheese, but they are getting better with time!

it's fun to have a Vegan cheese party and try several- create a cheese board crackers, figs, grapes and wine
Yeah, I guess I need to just let go of the notion that I will have melty cheese. I am looking for something to make like grilled cheeses (so thank you for that suggestion), pizza type things (so thank you nycfem) and also something for quesadillas.

That's a really great idea to have a cheese tasting party. I wonder if I could get anyone to do it with me, but if not I'll just splurge and get some of the cheeses you all have suggested and test them out. I love a good cheese plate!!!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #152
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Love your idea, kittygrrl. Wish we all on this thread lived closer so we could have that party. There are specific vegan cheese only stores in New York- or at least one that I know of! Maybe also join some vegan groups on FB and ask so you have a bigger group of people to get input from- not that we all don't rock, cuz we do

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #153
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Love your idea, kittygrrl. Wish we all on this thread lived closer so we could have that party. There are specific vegan cheese only stores in New York- or at least one that I know of! Maybe also join some vegan groups on FB and ask so you have a bigger group of people to get input from- not that we all don't rock, cuz we do
I wish I lived in NYC so it would be easier to be vegan but I am not in a bad area for having vegan options so I shouldn't complain too much. I'd love a cheese tasting party with you guys! I never thought of a FB group--another great suggestion.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 08-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #154
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Dinner required a re-do tonight. First I made steamed spinach with artichoke hearts, garlic powder, roasted chestnuts, and boiled beets. It was just terrible, so bland! Vegheads, what should I have added to make it delicious?

My dinner re-do was my current favorite: carrots and onions and tofu sauteed in EVOO with curry and soy sauce.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #155
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Dinner required a re-do tonight. First I made steamed spinach with artichoke hearts, garlic powder, roasted chestnuts, and boiled beets. It was just terrible, so bland! Vegheads, what should I have added to make it delicious?

My dinner re-do was my current favorite: carrots and onions and tofu sauteed in EVOO with curry and soy sauce.
Maybe, after steaming the spinach and artichoke hearts, you could process them together with a smidge of horseradish, vegan mayo and a titch of turmeric powder, to make a dip, then serve the dip with Trader Joe's Savory Thin Rice Cracker's made with multi-seeds and Tamari sauce?

I like to roast beets in the oven..... and pair the Beets with other vegetables like Parsnips, Carrots and Delicata Squash (roast them all together). Most likely I'd drizzle some Orange miso dressing over the roasted veggies.... and eat them just like they are.

NYC? here's an recipe that is vegan and uses artichokes and jalapeno peppers and cashew cream, but you could add steamed spinach too, I think.

LINK ~~>>>> Spicy Vegan Artichoke Dip Recipe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #156
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I LOVE those crackers. Just sayin'.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 08-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #157
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:

Ok Jen, I gotta admit, this is an odd assortment to put together. My first reaction was to the beets. I can't eat them (taste like dirt) so my first thought was to just throw the whole dish out. lol

Because all of your ingredients are really fairly mild in flavor (if you really want to try this out again) I would suggest maybe adding some tomato paste, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and small amount of liquid smoke to add some flavor. I would take a couple of tablespoons of vegetable broth, and add it to a saute pan. Add like two tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke and whisk until smooth and heated through. Then add your vegetables and saute to coat. I still would omit the beets because I am not entirely sure how it would taste. (Maybe serve them on the side)

Edited to add, how about adding some green or greek olives too?

Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #158
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Our order from The Herbivorous Butcher arrived a few days ago, it included brats, rib-eyes, burgers etc...for anyone who was/is a carnivore and enjoy the texture of meat, I highly recommend.

Obviously, their "meat" is meat free, and their cheeses are 100%vegan. They make small batches of meat free meat and cheeses by hand. This brother and sister team is out of Minneapolis, their shipping and packaging are top notch. They make their own shipping coolers.

If any of you order from them, let me know what you think.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #159
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Ok Jen, I gotta admit, this is an odd assortment to put together. My first reaction was to the beets. I can't eat them (taste like dirt) so my first thought was to just throw the whole dish out. lol

Because all of your ingredients are really fairly mild in flavor (if you really want to try this out again) I would suggest maybe adding some tomato paste, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and small amount of liquid smoke to add some flavor. I would take a couple of tablespoons of vegetable broth, and add it to a saute pan. Add like two tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke and whisk until smooth and heated through. Then add your vegetables and saute to coat. I still would omit the beets because I am not entirely sure how it would taste. (Maybe serve them on the side)

Edited to add, how about adding some green or greek olives too?

Good luck!
The first thing I thought when I read her list was to make a beet puree and scrap the rest. lol

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #160
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The first thing I thought when I read her list was to make a beet puree and scrap the rest. lol
Bless you beet eaters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: