Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #21
Daktari

I've met quite a lot of folks through the internet too. I must be honest and confess that the motivation on both sides is generally, initially, carnal rather than social...on the whole.

It has been my experience that time spent on instant messengers, telephone, skype et al, builds a 'false intimacy'. It can appear that [we] know each other far better than [we] actually do.
Action speaks louder than words. Consistency and longevity of action speaks volumes and can only be found in spending real, 3D time together, in my experience and opinion.
When I was dating frequently I learned to meet up quickly so as to avoid the false intimacy and inevitable, almost subconscious, building of expectation of who I thought they were.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #22
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

Daktari,

I think your approach is just my speed. Just rip the band aid off already. If it works good, if not that is good as well.

I know everyone is not comfortable jumping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I've met quite a lot of folks through the internet too. I must be honest and confess that the motivation on both sides is generally, initially, carnal rather than social...on the whole.

It has been my experience that time spent on instant messengers, telephone, skype et al, builds a 'false intimacy'. It can appear that [we] know each other far better than [we] actually do.
Action speaks louder than words. Consistency and longevity of action speaks volumes and can only be found in spending real, 3D time together, in my experience and opinion.
When I was dating frequently I learned to meet up quickly so as to avoid the false intimacy and inevitable, almost subconscious, building of expectation of who I thought they were.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #23
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not ashamed to admit that the better part of my motivation to meet was carnal. And no, that never happened either. Shit.

I agree about meeting IRL sooner rather than later, and when I date online locally that is always my goal.

My intention in this case was to meet 6 weeks after we started chatting. However, due to intervening circumstances, we ended up meeting after about 4 months instead.

My expectations were definitely inflated, and I should've known better. This was not my first rodeo. I met my ex-husband online almost 20 years ago, when the internets were brand new. There wasn't even video chat back then. I was in Texas and he was in Vancouver, BC. We waited 6 months to meet and, except for one minor issue (the one that split us up - sexual incompatibility - d'oh!) it was a smashing success. I suggested all my friends should date this way, because you get to know each other from the inside out.

Then I did again about 8 years ago, and it was a disaster. I swore then that I'd never let it happen again.

How did I let this happen again?
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaisninja View Post

How did I let this happen again?
Because you are human and we all crave love and sexual connection (not necessarily in that order).

Be kind to yourself.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #25
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

The word I see most often here is expectations.
Sometimes expectations become such that nothing
else matters. We expect that the carnal will happen,
we expect the chemistry to be there, we expect that
this "one" will be "the one"....

It happens because expectations don't match reality....

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #26
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have met some of my best friends online (specifically on this site) I also have formed several relationships too. In my community, butch-femme really isn't around so meeting people online gives me an outlet to my community that I desperately need! Have I met some creepers?? Absolutely. But, I have also met people I will love for the rest of my life. As long as you are safe, follow your gut and make sure you have someone you can call incase things go bad, I say go for it. There is so much potential and a whole other world you can reach online. It's pretty incredible!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #27
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

The word I see most often here is expectations.
Sometimes expectations become such that nothing
else matters. We expect that the carnal will happen,
we expect the chemistry to be there, we expect that
this "one" will be "the one"....

It happens because expectations don't match reality....

I agree totally Jo. Even when we think we have no expectations we generally do, but they're masked by a layer of denial

ExMrsD and I didn't really have time for expectations beyond what promised to be a crackin' shag ...we met within a fortnight of getting each others details on a UK bf site through an ex. We always said we were having the longest one night stand in history.

The time I felt hurt most, and felt most used by, was one that had, apparently, good reason after good reason not to meet for several months. I found out why afterwards...she was still seeing her alleged ex. Expectations built during many, many hours on the phone and online.
Sadly, the reality definitely didn't meet the expectations.

It's also my experience that there can be more than one great love or grand passion for everyone. I've been lucky enough to have had two thus far...with fun fillers in and around them. I sure don't rule out another.

Keep the faith

Last edited by Daktari; 05-13-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: speelling and gran'ma
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #28
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
BrutalDyke and femmsational - I assume you two are a couple?

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Now please send me some of that magic good-lovin karma you obviously have in order to have made such a long-lasting match. Hand it over!

Thanks again for your supportive words.
You assumed correctly, hence the "serving 25 to life with no possibility for parole" tagline I have under relationship status. Lol.

In all honesty, I believe it was a mixture of dumb luck and fate.

Dunno about good loving karma but I do know there are several couples on this site who've been together for 5 years or more. Seriously warms my heart too.

Used to be a non believer in the whole "true love" shit but it's out there. Just a matter of when the dumb luck/fate bit will kick in is all.

Best advice I can give you is make sure the person is your best friend as well as your lover and just breathe, it'll happen when it's meant to happen.

Again, good luck to you.

Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #29
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I've met one lover online. Unfortunately, it didn't last, as I finally figured out that men just wouldn't work for me, but he and I are still good friends. I have also met some good friends online, including people that I ended up living with, for a time.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #30
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Off topic

Quote:
BrutalDyke and femmsational - I assume you two are a couple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
You assumed correctly, hence the "serving 25 to life with no possibility for parole" tagline I have under relationship status. Lol.

I find it interesting when people assume that everyone knows of their couplings, even if they don't have the person's name listed on their relationship status.

Not directing this towards you, Brute, it is just something I have noticed many times, which I find curious.

I am the opposite. I tend to assume that people DON'T know who I am partnered with, unless they know us as personally. I always speak to my audience as if they don't know.

I find it interesting that people assume that even members who don't know them, would know who their partner was. I see it as common happenstance.

/random ramble

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: