Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Started vaping a little over a month ago. Did my research and went with Apollo e-cigs. I got a couple of disposables first, to see if I would go for it, and go for it I did.

I picked my brand mostly cause they've gotten pretty decent (good) reviews and they're made in the SF Bay area (yay for supporting local business).

I'm totally into vaping now. I have 3 co-workers who vape and we do the whole "let's go outside". I keep the social ritual without breathing in the burning material. I'm all good with it.

Since I'm pretty new to vaping, I've limited myself to the already packaged cartomizers. I've purchased tobacco and just got the 'variety' pack. The flavors I've tried are:
Tobacco (my fave so far)
Vanilla (pretty good)
Menthol (very nice)
Coffee (surprisingly good, I'm not a coffee drinker)

Haven't tried the Cherry yet, it kinda scares me.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Loren_Q; 01-23-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vapahhh!

To vape, or not to vape, that is the question...And yes, I vape!!! I started about 6 months ago.

I use the eGo-T Joyetech tank system. It's pretty cool having more than one tank. I bought different color tanks: red, yellow, blue and purple. You can find these at: www.joyetech.com

I love this contraption and feel as though I'm smoking out of this bad ass thing somewhat of a pipe (which doesn't resemble a pipe at all) but it's also about oral fixation with me. Between the color tanks and the tips that also resemble that of a larger type tiparillo...Me likey....

I tried the nicotine based liquid (also found at the joyetech website) but found it was too strong even with the lowest dosage of nicotine in it. I noticed after 2 days or so it started to hurt when I would regularly breathe in. I was disappointed because I was really diggin' vaping and I ended up stopping because of that.

After researching many liquids I came across a website: www.altcig.com and saw that they have water based E-liquid vapor (without nicotine) even better! There were many flavors to choose from and the flavors have customer reviews which are very helpful.

I have a wicked sweet tooth and found the E-liquid Candy category...OMFG I'm in heaven!!

If anyone is interested in the tank system, I highly recommend going to the joytech website that I noted above.

For the liquids I HIGHLY recommend www.altcig.com.

Also, The people are very cool to deal with at Alt Cig. When you order the liquid(s) they also send you a complimentary "gift" which is neatly wrapped in a small plastic bag with a label that reads "a gift for you Vape happy " which they include a random liquid flavor just for doing business with them whether you purchase big or small. They also sign their names to the invoice and thank you for your business. I find this to be great customer service and if you have specific questions, you are free to email the establishment and they pleasantly get back to you right away.

Ok, now here are the flavors that I have: Ripe Strawberry (MY FAVORITE!!!!) The others I purchased but have not tried as of yet are: Jolly Watermelon (being the watermelon jolly rancher addict that I am), Sweet Tangerine, and Top of the Muffin Blueberry.

I can't wait to try these flavors, but am so happy with vaping the Strawberry at this time.

I'm off to indulge in my strawberry aromatic, Vape system!!

Happy Vaping Folks!

-Scorp-
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
To vape, or not to vape, that is the question...And yes, I vape!!! I started about 6 months ago.
Aaah, I see you found the thread.
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #24
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
Aaah, I see you found the thread.
Yep, sure did..Thanks for letting me know about it! Awesome thread. Looks at you ever so loving, turns to you, brushes the hair back from your ear and whispers: "SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND".
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Scorp... Just to clarify...no eliquid is "water based". Water is used to thin the mix sometimes but is never the main ingredient. The main ingredients are pg (propelene glycol-used in asthma inhalers) and/or vegetable glycerin with food flavoring and nicotine. Altcigs does list water as one of their ingredients though.

Good to see so many trying ecigs!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #26
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWolf View Post
Scorp... Just to clarify...no eliquid is "water based". Water is used to thin the mix sometimes but is never the main ingredient. The main ingredients are pg (propelene glycol-used in asthma inhalers) and/or vegetable glycerin with food flavoring and nicotine. Altcigs does list water as one of their ingredients though.

Good to see so many trying ecigs!
Some E-juice places will tell you the proportions of PG to VG, and I've found a few that have a 0 nicotine option. From what I've been reading VG gives more vapor and PG does that throat hit thing. The stuff I use is 60/40 PG to VG and what I like best is the throat hit, the flavor's nice too.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My liquids are most all 70/30. I like the vapor but am much more concerned about taste and throat hit!

I'm ALLLL about the candy flavors but even found a deep love of the Black Tea I posted about. I mixed it with a little peach and it is completely divine!

When I get my order from Heather's Heavenly, I'll report back on the ButterRum!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

We use 70/30 too, and almost always get extra flavor added.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #29
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

I am doing it ( and got the 12mg which seems strong enough ,so far)
and have only had two real cigarettes today
I bought south beach smoke only because I really don't know
much about them yet .
they are already leaking at the connection place
which sucks
I love not having to worry about a lighter and not having
that PANIC feeling when you are down to your last cigarette

I have smoked so long , I have told myself if this really works,
I will buy the zero nicotine ones for the rest of my life
to have with my coffee, after eating and sex. snort
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I am doing it ( and got the 12mg which seems strong enough ,so far)
and have only had two real cigarettes today
I bought south beach smoke only because I really don't know
much about them yet .
they are already leaking at the connection place
which sucks
I love not having to worry about a lighter and not having
that PANIC feeling when you are down to your last cigarette

I have smoked so long , I have told myself if this really works,
I will buy the zero nicotine ones for the rest of my life
to have with my coffee, after eating and sex. snort

I use mine for craving times as well and it has helped tremendously! Having something in my hand when I'm driving and after eating has really helped cut down on the cravings.

I was getting really fidgety when I would have to walk Gracie because I would usually smoke but I started taking my vape out with me and it totally cured my jitters. Just being able to inhale made my routine feel like normal.

Luck to you!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #31
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Wolfsgirl uses 16mg. I started out with 18mg but that wasn't enough to quieten my cravings. Once i upped the nicotine level to 24mg i was finally able to put the cigs away for good. I've dropped down to 20 mg over time. Don't ever plan to quit or go to zero nic though. Besides studies have shown that nicotine by itself is beneficial. Nicotine helps with mild depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and short term memory. That's part of why some of us go nuts when trying to quit cold turkey.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

It's the fidgety jitters that have always got me smoking again.
One time , I was so uncomfortable with all the skin crawling withdrawal
jonesing I nearly convinced myself that playing bumper cars while driving
was a perfect idea. I was thinking horrible things and scared myself.
Prison or smoke basically.

That did not happen to me once today.

I am smoking my third real cigarette of the day and it really does not taste good.

I bought $100 worth of 12 mg which was kind of dumb and way too many.
oh They aren't leaking , I have discovered intentional holes that might get some duct tape slapped on them. heh

What I am looking for is a lighter gadget for sure ,with a smaller tip
and I would like it to be white and have a nice menthol. ( and choc)
I have read a few places that menthol smokers usually smoke for life because
it is a dual addiction. I dunno if its true but it feels true

I have also noticed the chocolate flavor helps curb my intense desire for chocolate.

Someone told me they duct taped one emergency cigarette in a pack,
they were actually able to quit for good and still have it in their car 10 years later.
He said by the time he found something to cut into it with and was halfway
there , he would change his mind and add another layer of duct tape.
It was the knowing it was there that brought comfort.
I like comfort, so I'm gonna try it.

:]
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #33
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Jackhammer needs to get in here and talk about her experience! Her last dip of Snus was 3 days ago and she has been vaping 18mg since then with zero cravings or jitters.

I have to also say, she has tried to get off of Snus and cigarettes before during our relationship and I always dreaded it because she is a mean little man when crabbed out. She has been pleasant so far!
She plans to step down her nicotine over time but is loving the Cuban cigar flavor

She loves sweet things as well (which is why she married me! LOL) so I took a chance and ordered her a pomegranate vape and she just hit it and LOVES it.

Also have a chocolate mint and a coffee flavor coming.

I'll admit, I went a little ape shit last night with Scorp on the phone and ordered a buttload of vape liquid. We have about 20 different flavors coming in the next week and I am anxious to see how we like them!

Tried one called "Minty mint" from myvaporstore.com and it is, indeed, very minty. It has a strange low note on the aftertast that I haven't quite figured out. Something akin to paper, but I don't mind it yet. I dropped a littlle peach into it to cut it and it's delightful!

Congrats to the new vapers!

P.S. Scorp and I were on the phone for hours last night and this was the main topic of conversation!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #34
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Smile

life
it is all about the sucking
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

I use an old humidor to store our juice. We probably have 20 different flavors at any time. Often get some empty sample size bottles so we can share different liquids with the new vapors we know. As long as you keep your liquid stores out of sunlight and extreme temps, it should last about a year.

You might look into finding a group of vapors in your area. They will hold vape meets usually once a month where people can try new flavors, ask questions, and check out all the ecigs out there. Helped start a group when i lived in KY. We've been thinking of checking out the one in Memphis.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #36
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

20? We have that many on the end table. We have at least 50 counting the ones in the humidor. We need to clean that out someday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
20? We have that many on the end table. We have at least 50 counting the ones in the humidor. We need to clean that out someday.
Yes dear. (sheepish grin)
So....we like trying new flavors. Lol!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

I am sucking way too hard today

I just tried lighting one with a lighter with maybe a smidge of urgency
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I use a vaporizer for weed. Have for a couple of years. Love, love it.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #40
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

It's official! Scorp and I are organizing a VAPE MEET at the 2013 Reunion!

We are going to get some of those disposable tips and bring some vaping gear and different flavors so that folks can try them out! WEEE.

I am finding some local vape meets as well because I heard it was a great way to try new flavors and get tips. There is one in Northwest Arkansas but I put a thread up on a Vape forum and am hoping to find more in our area.

Anyone ever been to a Meet?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: