Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #41
Daktari

Butterscotch Angel Delight

Ma's walnut cake

Nana W's tea loaf and custard

Soft boiled egg and toast soldiers with (the other) Nana W and Peter the budgie (Peter always got the top of Nana's egg)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #42
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My mom's food not that great. Per my dad, no salt allowed in any of our cooking because he had high B/P (he took that suggestion from his doctor a little too far).

I did most of the cooking from age 10 on.

Visiting my Nannie? Another most wonderful story!

Everything she made was fantastic.

Roast duck with the most crackling skin!

Potato latkes.

Matzo eggs

Matzo ball soup and her matzo balls were light and delicate and melted in your mouth.

Even her liver and onions were delicious.

Still miss her. She died at age 98 or 99.

Now, I can't remember exactly when

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #43
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up eating Finnish pancakes on Sunday mornings. Has to be on the my favourite things to eat as a kid.

That most amazing little crepes!

You also need a special pan to make them. The pan my mother used and now my sister uses has been passed down on my father's side of the family for over a 100 years.

And Finnish bread. My father was mostly Finnish so we ate a lot of Finnish foods.

Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #44
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm a terrible baker, but my Mom could make a grown man cry with her fudge and cookies. She baked, and i cooked.

Every year for the Academy awards she would bake a seven layer chocolate cake from scratch, and the 4 of us would eat the whole thing while watching the show ( with a bottle of pepsi). OMG it was good...but all of my horrible eating habits were learned from her examples.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #45
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

My mom was an excellent cook and my dad was a professional chef so there's a lot but I'll narrow it down.

Mom's fried chicken, papas con chorizo and pozole rojo are the dishes I remember most.

Dad's fried squab, BBQ Pork wonton soup and sui-mai dumplings were my favorites. Oh and he would make burgers out of the leftover wonton filling. Damn, those were great.

My pozole is pretty close to as good as moms (she used pork, I use chicken/turkey) and while my won-ton soup is good, dads was better.

Although both of these are my family-of-choice favorites.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #46
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Butter and sugar on a sandwich.

Goodness knows why but I loved it.
Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #47
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Here are mine:

Campbell's tomato soup
tuna fish sandwiches
Hostess cup cakes and Yodels
Noodle kugle
egg foo yong
Old 02-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #48
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

My mom would make me butter, jelly, and cheese sandwiches.

Also I would snack on Cheez-its smothered in cream cheese.

Alas in my adulthood I have become dairy intolerant.

But I'm still pretty weird when it comes to food.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #49
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In the summer, after coming home from a long day at the beach, Mom would let us have fruit and sherbet for dinner. I highly recommend it.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #50
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Caldo Verde-Portuguese Green Soup-It always felt like a special day when my mother made this soup. As the soup cooked my mother would tell us stories of our great grandparents who came from the Azores and farmed in the early days..Having 20 children in all, and as a little girl running over to her grandparents house to help make bread or to wash the kitchen floor. She would weave stories of her childhood as she stirred the pot. Beautiful moments spent with my mom that as a child I took for granted..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #51
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
I grew up eating Finnish pancakes on Sunday mornings. Has to be on the my favourite things to eat as a kid.

That most amazing little crepes!

You also need a special pan to make them. The pan my mother used and now my sister uses has been passed down on my father's side of the family for over a 100 years.

And Finnish bread. My father was mostly Finnish so we ate a lot of Finnish foods.

Tell me more about Finnish bread and food!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #52
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default +

My Grandmother would make a smoked fish dip with either bream or mullet. She would put it out with captains wafers before the main meal, like an appetizer.

My grandparents grew green peanuts every year. It was a white skinned heirloom peanut and it was smaller and more tender than the kind sold on the side of the road. We would harvest and have a giant peanut boil to prepare them quickly for freezing. We would eat them day and night for 2 days and then no more till my Grandmother would decide to pull a couple of bags from the freezer for everybody to try and "share".

One year all my grandparents orange trees got killed by a freeze. They didn't get graphted(not sure if that is the proper term) properly so the fruit was never sweet again. They would use the juice from the fruit to make sour orange meringue pies. I can't explain the deliciousness that could never be replicated by my lips or hands because the trees no longer exist in this world for the land was swallowed up by the local establishments' need for a dollar store.

My dad was part owner in an apple orchard in North Carolina and so for a couple of years we would go up there and help bring in all the apples when they were ready, I remember my hands being sticky. We would bring back enough to make a bunch of applesauce for the year for everybody in the family. It was pink in color from the skins. My mom would only pull out the applesauce when we had cubed steak or pork chops and although they were the entree, everybody was looking forward to "the sauce".

I learned at an early age to enjoy the endeavor in acquiring these treats as opposed to focusing on replicating them later in life because somethings can NEVER be replicated and only celebrated.

I love my life!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #53
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

me grandma heddie was a baker extraordinaire... neva measured a thang. when asked how to make a particular pie, cake, etc... it was "oh a pinch o' this, a dash o' that.".

her choc'late and lemon meringue pies, red velvet cake and blackberry cobbler were to die fo'.

the cobbler especially was a summer extravaganza. all the grandkids would go out on a blackberry pickin' expedition early mornin'. and while heddie was bakin' said cobbler, we kids were all takin' turns at the ice cream churn.

great memories...
Old 02-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #54
Daktari

Auntie Marjory's Eccles cakes. She was a baker and confectioner by trade; I recall travelling on the steam train to Fleetwood so my Ma could help Auntie Marjory at her bakery in the market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/eccles_cakes_72475
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #55
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Anything that was considered "day care" food was acceptable. Including but not limited to...

Fish sticks
Mash Potatoes
Cooked Carrots
nuggets (of any kind) dipped in mashed potatoes
Pb&j
Hot dogs n mac & cheese
beef and noodles
anything that was bland or overly seasoned lol

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #56
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

my mother was not a great cook. She did make a delicious scrumptious chicken soup. The aroma was filling it was so good.

She made fantastic Kugela or Kugel

a Lithuanian dish from potatoes on weekends and we would have slices with each meal. It was good with maple syrup as well for breakfast.

Dinners consisted of round steak, the kugela and some vegetable 80% of the time. It got old and i developed a need for salt. LOL

Tastee-Freez cones were a great treat, i did not have them often so they were extra special.

Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #57
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~baby~doll~ View Post
Tastee-Freez cones were a great treat, i did not have them often so they were extra special.

taste-freez, wow! where i grew up it was dairy queen. we only eva got dairy queen when we were stayin' at me aunt's in the summer. loved those dilly bars & buster bars. yum-o!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #58
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #59
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post

taste-freez, wow! where i grew up it was dairy queen. we only eva got dairy queen when we were stayin' at me aunt's in the summer. loved those dilly bars & buster bars. yum-o!
My grandpa always took me to Dairy Queen for ice cream... that and bowling are what I will always remember about him.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #60
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Maryland Style Steamed Crabs!

My grandmother's specialty! Done in heavy Old Bay Seasoning and beer and dumped in a heap in the middle of a newspaper-covered tabletop. Delicious!

She died when I was 8. No crab has come close to being as good as hers was since - although I still love it and will eat it whenever the opportunity arises.

I miss her.