How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation

We grew up very poor so most times there was no money for anything extra or 'special' but every summer my mom would make strawberry shortcake piled high with whipped cream. We only got it the once each year so it made it extra special.

My maternal grandma would make the absolute best strawberry rhubarb pie I have ever tasted it was so yummy. You would walk into her house and the aroma would be wafting through the air so thick and sweet and you would know exactly what was to come.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #62
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't eaten bologna in a while but today I keep thinking about fried bologna sandwiches and pork and beans the way my dad use to make for us.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #63
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

we had fairly sophisticated palates....lol

my dads baked haddock....

my memeres stuffed peppers...

my moms fried chicken...

my auntie Ritas chicken ala king....

my cousins lazy pierogi.....

my other aunts rice and beans
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #64
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

My mom’s homemade Beef Barley Soup
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #65
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Every fall my mom would make a freezer full of bierocks.

Every summer we lived off of what we grew in our garden. Fried green tomatoes, fried okra, squash, zucchini....yum.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #66
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

My favorites from childhood include:

Chicken & dumplings
Chicken fried steak
Meatloaf

Peach cobbler...mmmmm
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #67
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Mom's...

Lasagna
Mac n cheese
Potato salad
Pineapple upside-down cake

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #68
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

My Grannies fried taters, yeast rolls and chocolate pie!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #69
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

My moms cask iron skillet corn bread!.... With her pinto beans!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2014, 01:35 AM   #70
SoSousMe

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Juxtaposed/Butch/Top/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just a normal Guy
Relationship Status:
Single

SoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default My mom's

Southern Fried Chicken

Biscuits n Gravy

Salmon Patties (and I hate seafood, but these were the bomb)

Lemon Ice Box Pie

Breaded & Fried Venison (yummmmmm)

Her Peanut Butter Fudge... I still crave it and dream about it

home made donuts made from canned biscuits lol (the bomb)

beans and cornbread (yes, cast iron skillet cornbread)

the list goes on and on... mom cooked her ass off... for anyone and everyone who passed through our doors.. she worked 60 hrs a week, and still made sure we had dinner every night and hot breakfast on sat and sun. I wish I had her determination
If by chance a lady's hand appears before You, don't let Your pride hinder Your progress. Take the hand she offers, for her touch may lend the perfect amount of resistance needed to help steady You on Your feet.

The honor in Dominance lies in the ability to recognize submission as a gift.

I tend to delve deep within Myself.. sometimes hearing nothing more than the stir of My own soul.

LQ

Last edited by SoSousMe; 05-11-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: wasn't done
SoSousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoSousMe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #71
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Thought of more...

My step dad's steak tips

His mac n cheese

His "hot dish" which I found out is a mid western "blanket term" for a pasta dish that has whatever you want in it lol I still make his variation

Also his sausage and rice...my sister still goes nuts for this and makes it a lot

My dad's chuck n beans (beans being yellow beans we grew ourselves)

His fresh trout cooked in aluminum foil over a campfire...holy hot damn...

My memere's French meat stuffing at Thanksgiving

Also her porkchops and rice

My mom's taco bake

and when she used to make these things (from a box) called fudge jumbles. They don't make them any more they were my brother's FAVORITE thing

also her Minestrone is the best.thing.ever.

Ohhh and something that sounds weird but isn't. My dad's best friend made glazed kielbasa for all our events. In a crock pot he put: about 2lbs kielbasa cut up, a can of chili and beans and a small jar of grape jelly. It's the best stuff EVER. Mmm now I wanna make some.....
Old 12-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #72
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My maternal grandmother was Jewish but my mom married a Pennsylvania Dutch and German Lutheran man (my dad) who added no salt to any cooking of food.

Our food at home = tasteless.

My Jewish Nannie's food: fantastic.

When cooking shows are browning duck breasts in the pan and the fat is snapping and crackling; my mouth almost waters to think of the whole ducks my Nannie would roast.

The skin was salty, browned to perfection and melted in my mouth. Same with the meat.

My cholesterol is down to 170. I think a roasted duck is in order. It will probably never taste like hers but I would like to try.

She would also make potato latkes that were delicious, served with apple sauce that she would make from scratch.

Her apple strudel was to die for. I would help her peel the apples and she would do the layers of pastry.

No bakery has ever replicated Nannie's strudel.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #73
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite childhood dishes (my parents are from Argentina):

milanesas w/ french fries

tomato with olive oil, garlic & bread

empanadas

dulce de batata (sweet potato jelly – sounds gross, I know) with cheese

Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #74
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

my mom used recipes from a 1965 betty crocker kids cookbook.

my absolute favorite was called "mad hatter meatballs!"

naturally, the very very first time she announced she was making this for dinner, my very wee self's mind went to "why are we eating that guy from lewis carroll's alice something story?" suffice it to say when i shared this thought with mom, she laughed and laughed.

he sure was tasty

**a useless factoid. lewis carroll NEVER used the word "mad" to describe the hatter.

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #75
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up, both of my parent's mothers raised their kids during The Depression Era, so our family meals were prepared by using recipes from The Household Searchlight Recipe Book. My mom could not cook, but my dad did, so we had two copies of this cookbook: The 1938 edition, and The 1939 Revised Edition (which was much bigger the first edition in 1931 or in 1938).

We used the 1939 edition the most, plus inside the cookbook is original handwriting by my mom's mother, my grandmother's sister, my dad's aunt and two other cousins -- who all added to the family cookbook. There are even news-paper clippings from articles featured in a weekly column in their local newspaper, which appeared usually in the Saturday evening edition of the local free press.

The Household Searchlight Recipe Book is indexed, with a category for nearly any entrée or dessert or canning preparation processes or pastries, breads, jams and jellies or any other type of confection dreamed up by people who learned how to make the most from what they had on hand.

My favorite meal growing up was Stuffed Bell Peppers and Potato Casserole. Fresh homemade bread and butter (churned earlier in the day) was at every meal we had growing up.

Most editions of this cookbook, recipe book, was compiled and edited by Ida Migliario, Harriet W. Allred, Zorada Z. Titus, and Irene Nunemaker -- editors and contributors, I think, to The Household Magazine, published out of Topeka, Kansas.

Both books I have at home are family heirlooms and priceless ( to me ).

But editions of this Depression Era recipe/cookbook range from $88 to nearly $500 (mint condition).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #76
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
My mom’s homemade Beef Barley Soup

This still holds true,,,,,,,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #77
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chili Rice

So this one goes way back.. it was originally off of the back of the minute rice box. When mom made it, she would have to make nearly two skillets of it because we enjoyed it so much we would go back for seconds.

The same holds true for us as adults, and when we made it for each other... same thing.. we would have to make a lot of it. Very simple recipe.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chili-rice-dinner/
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #78
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Beech-Nut Baby Food Prunes (still fond), and guess what...prunes with tapioca.

My Daddy's fresh caught bass' tails...........yum! Oh, his huppies, too.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #79
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My favorites were always at Christmas. My Mom would make homemade divinity, fudge, English toffee and Russian tea cakes.
Another...there was a time my grandmother lived in the house next door, I love love loved her molasses cookies.

My Dad practically grilled every night! He ran a gas line to his custom grill. Best meals ever where out back around the pool.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #80
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
My favorites were always at Christmas. My Mom would make homemade divinity, fudge, English toffee and Russian tea cakes.
Another...there was a time my grandmother lived in the house next door, I love love loved her molasses cookies.

My Dad practically grilled every night! He ran a gas line to his custom grill. Best meals ever where out back around the pool.
OMG you had a pool? All I had in the UP of Michigan were snow banks....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: