G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Definition of a diva

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/diva

The dictionary defines diva as a glamorous and successful female performer or personality, especially a female singer.
They also use "prima donna" which is defined as a vein or undisciplined person.

I hear the term used a lot in the femme world. What is your definition of a diva? What does it take to be a diva?
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Diva

Makes me think of Maria Callas and Jessie Norman. The Opera Divas of the stage. Classics like Aretha Franklin, Dianna Ross, and Dionne Warwick and of course Dolly, Whitney, Mariah, Mary J. Those are the images that the word brings to mind.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Beauty that walks thrue our lives with grace,poise and good humor,one who graces all that she comes in contact with.Someone that shure wont take bs from people either tho she dose it with a smile.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Beauty that walks thrue our lives with grace,poise and good humor,one who graces all that she comes in contact with.Someone that shure wont take bs from people either tho she dose it with a smile.

These descriptors aren't just a Diva thang, that could apply to ALL the Femmes I know.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
These descriptors aren't just a Diva thang, that could apply to ALL the Femmes I know.
Yes mam, it shurely dose.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Puccini's Diva/Goddess/Muse Tosca said,
"vissi d' arte, vissi d' amore":
"I lived for art, I lived for love."
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread idea G Snap!

I hear the word Diva a lot, I have been called one many times, especially recently. I always hope that it is in the Stud/Diva sense, but am not sure lol.

I think it can be used pretty differently, like 'wow you are a Diva" is so different than "wow, you are being a Diva". lol.

Working in entertainment and casting I have learned to tread softly around anyone who uses the word "Diva" in their email address. We cast for ensemble shows on ships and everyone we have cast in a show who self identifies as "Diva" does not do well getting along smoothly with other cast members and what is expected of them. If the email adress is anything like "mad-dogDiva@....." we do not cast them. lol

It actually freaks me out to be called a Diva.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

In Italy, in the sixteenth century opera and on...the composer always wrote the music to match a particular Diva's emotional temperment. Opera is nothing without the Diva.As in a successful show today, you put together a show with the music to match that particular Diva's temperment. You have to study the Diva closely. Donna Summer and Madonna had two distinct temperments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Great thread idea G Snap!

I hear the word Diva a lot, I have been called one many times, especially recently. I always hope that it is in the Stud/Diva sense, but am not sure lol.

I think it can be used pretty differently, like 'wow you are a Diva" is so different than "wow, you are being a Diva". lol.

Working in entertainment and casting I have learned to tread softly around anyone who uses the word "Diva" in their email address. We cast for ensemble shows on ships and everyone we have cast in a show who self identifies as "Diva" does not do well getting along smoothly with other cast members and what is expected of them. If the email adress is anything like "mad-dogDiva@....." we do not cast them. lol

It actually freaks me out to be called a Diva.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I consider myself to be a diva goddess type femme even when I'm covered in mud and chicken shit. Diva goddess is a state of mind
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I'm distictly tempermental and I definitely like to call the shots, run the show and be waited on .

The shows where I work with are commercial, not art...we cater to the temperament of our audience. A true Diva in the musical sense is an artist, a goddess.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I'm distictly tempermental and I definitely like to call the shots, run the show and be waited on .

we are so much a like
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

When I think of Diva as a noun - my mind first turns to high drag: flamboyant, meticulously feminine, be-dazzled, over the top, star-of-the-show drag queens.

When I think of diva as an adjective - it conjures the synonyms: high maintenance, demanding, difficult, must-be-the-centre-of-attention type descriptors.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
When I think of Diva as a noun - my mind first turns to high drag: flamboyant, meticulously feminine, be-dazzled, over the top, star-of-the-show drag queens.

When I think of diva as an adjective - it conjures the synonyms: high maintenance, demanding, difficult, must-be-the-centre-of-attention type descriptors.
Yeah! What she ^ said.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:
found my vibrational match

Thanked 1,214 Times in 281 Posts
LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diva

My granddaughter is a Diva - She's happiest when all the attention is on her -When shopping for one specific type of shoe, she must try on every color, flat or pump, she dare not miss something as she fears this could be the one thing she could not live without - She wants what she wants when she wants it and the world is a better place when she has it - and if you love her (hear comes the emotional blackmail) you'll want her to have it.
Over indulgence is not in her vocabulary nor is it to be in yours when it comes to her desires.l
LadyRieinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diva...

As odd as this my sound, I too was called a 'Diva' a couple of times, and I am anything but femme.

It was back many years when I roamed the countryside, playing guitar and singing in bars and clubs. When used, it came from those that had somehow been touched by my words and music. Not by my attitude or apparel.

I sang in jeans, or shorts, or overalls, or whatever was handy, somewhat clean, and never ironed. Given the standard definition of the word, it was certainly nothing most would consider 'diva-ish'.

Essentially, I am not at all sure 'diva' can be compartmentalized. It seems to be one of those 'eye of the beholder' things. One of those personal perceptions along the line of 'you know it when you see or feel it'. I was not accomplished. I was not bejeweled or sparkly. I was the absolute opposite of high-maintenance. There was absolutely nothing glamorous about me. I was none of those things the universal 'we' think of when speaking of a 'diva'. Yet to some, it was the word used to describe my person and my performance.

I do not know the fate of those that called me 'diva'. Perhaps they were just crazy folks that now reside in mental institutions across the nation. Regardless, in a less than stellar performer, dresser, and music-writer, for one shining moment, they saw in me, a 'diva'.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #16
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
As odd as this my sound, I too was called a 'Diva' a couple of times, and I am anything but femme.

It was back many years when I roamed the countryside, playing guitar and singing in bars and clubs. When used, it came from those that had somehow been touched by my words and music. Not by my attitude or apparel.

I sang in jeans, or shorts, or overalls, or whatever was handy, somewhat clean, and never ironed. Given the standard definition of the word, it was certainly nothing most would consider 'diva-ish'.

Essentially, I am not at all sure 'diva' can be compartmentalized. It seems to be one of those 'eye of the beholder' things. One of those personal perceptions along the line of 'you know it when you see or feel it'. I was not accomplished. I was not bejeweled or sparkly. I was the absolute opposite of high-maintenance. There was absolutely nothing glamorous about me. I was none of those things the universal 'we' think of when speaking of a 'diva'. Yet to some, it was the word used to describe my person and my performance.

I do not know the fate of those that called me 'diva'. Perhaps they were just crazy folks that now reside in mental institutions across the nation. Regardless, in a less than stellar performer, dresser, and music-writer, for one shining moment, they saw in me, a 'diva'.
That story made me smile! True talent shining.

Tags
diva