Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Drakes!

oh lovely! I do so love this term. My favourite kind of woman (well, I'm a lezzo. Your mileage may vary) is one that is casual dapper... I know plenty of femmes love the jeans, boots and white undershirt james dean thang... but my very favourite is a suit vest over a casual shirt... casual trousers that are rolled to just below the knee... bare feet... flat cap... tattoos... freckles.

a casual dapper.

but my exes have all been very colourful, on the dapper side, and yeah absolute filthy rakes in the right ways at the right times (and sometimes the wrong time is even the right time) but absolute gentlemen/women in the right ways. And have always loved femininity and have never put it down as weak.

This group:
http://www.dapperq.com/london-solidarity-group-drake/

started in London - many of the lovlies in it I know and are extremely charming, intelligent, fabulously dressed and gentle types. Urban and metro and very diverse. fabulous manners. And best of all I know they are schoolin the younger set in it about how to choose a shirt, how to charm a gal how to tie a bow tie, where the tailors are in London that will adjust a suit...

But I think the term should go global.

I thought the term "Drake" for Urban, dapper, metrosexual dandies that I love was excellent!!!

Here's a Wood Drake:

and if you look at the lovlies at Dapper Q... I think it's comparable!!!

I also know some of my exes who have a love/hate relationship with butch because they don't quite feel it's "right" (they feel it's too marloborough man type, and doesn't leave room for them to love being women - don't shoot me, I've heard this a lot in urban Europe - and not just from Europeans there) this term as they feel it leaves more room for them to have a sense female grace with themselves as well as the their masculinity.

I do understand what they are saying, though I think there's lots of room in the term butch, but they feel more comfortable with "drake" and like it (the group invites all genders in queer female/trans but I'm just yakkin about my exes who have trouble with the term butch and can't quite embrace it)

as always, I've also seen sneering and putting them down. Ah well.

However, I am proudly a duck to someone's drake. And although femme is still part of who I am... I most definite will have my duck head turned by a drake.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I have a drake (">
wanna touch him?
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you for posting this. I like the DapperQ site but had not seen this page of it.

I especially enjoyed reading the DRAKE code of honour and completely agree with it.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

I adore the term! and I adore you, hb.. I so wish we would have, or I should say *i* would have, made so to meet you.. I think the common ex had a lot to do with it though.. totally my bad for letting her/that stop me from meeting the gorgeous you .
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Hot cha cha cha

Hip Hip Horray for a fashionable queer!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I also like this because it is not uncommon, upon being asked "How are you?" for me to reply, "I'm just ducky".
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I love this, HB.

I just realized what my girlfriend is: A sporty drake!

Her high-tech sports gear in subtle steel grey, with lime-green and turquoise accents, all the newest fabrics, magical stuff that wicks away sweat, holds heat, weighs nothing, looks luscious and metallic at the same time.

I love her flat, tight stomach, her unconscious swagger, her zippers and invisible pockets, her tall lanky graceful way of moving in the world. Sporty drake.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i know a woman, ... she is called drake. but that's because she woddles.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

speaking of the marlborough man
I had this very coat my first couple years
of illegaly going to the womens bars here.
It was my lucky coat.
I used to drove the cattle truck to the bar
(because of the huge bench seat) so the coat made sense.
Discovering women ,the music , the slow dances.
Some of the best memories of my life , back then.

anyway ,
I could only pull off dapper with a lot of help ,
maybe twice a year at most.
Ties drive me nuts and shiney shoes dont feel like me.

I love the term drake
except maybe the part , that real drakes will hump nearly anything
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I have a drake (">
wanna touch him?

yeth! downy fevvars an everyfink.
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post

speaking of the marlborough man
I had this very coat my first couple years
of illegaly going to the womens bars here.
It was my lucky coat.
I used to drove the cattle truck to the bar
(because of the huge bench seat) so the coat made sense.
Discovering women ,the music , the slow dances.
Some of the best memories of my life , back then.

anyway ,
I could only pull off dapper with a lot of help ,
maybe twice a year at most.
Ties drive me nuts and shiney shoes dont feel like me.

I love the term drake
except maybe the part , that real drakes will hump nearly anything
well mallard drakes pair bond for a year... wood drakes pair bond for several. I know there are quite a few other kinds but I don't know em!

I do know some queer drakes that will participate if the other party is breathing. But they were kinda fun too *cough*.

I love wood drakes... I was introduced to them as "puzzle box drakes"

hmnnnnn....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDy*ShOt View Post
I adore the term! and I adore you, hb.. I so wish we would have, or I should say *i* would have, made so to meet you.. I think the common ex had a lot to do with it though.. totally my bad for letting her/that stop me from meeting the gorgeous you .
aw, no worries body. I am too haggard and tired to bear any poor feeling to anyone in the long run (well, save the complete assholes) so if the ex was hesitant the ex mighta just tried talking to me. But *shrug* ...

and seriously, if you are ever round the great north, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to drag ya around or at least take ya for cawwwfeeeee x
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
I also like this because it is not uncommon, upon being asked "How are you?" for me to reply, "I'm just ducky".
HA!!!

I always think of the newcastle greeting to a girl "ah'up me duck!" and because the female is interchangable duck/hen the scottish "hen" as a term of female endearment (which I love)... and of course working class english female is a "bird" (which I think was taken in point from the queer feminine club "Bird Club" in London. 'Dashwood' I think may have taken the name co-joined with that).

Quote:
her tall lanky graceful way of moving in the world
oh swoon. seriously. I love that lazy grace of movement. The have been some exes that I would seriously toussle with again (and y'know the end kind of extended cause of the chemistry so the "oops we slept together again ha ha" kinda kept going) and they all had that lazy lanky grace. heart throb. or some other kind of throb.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

my mallard had two wives and should have had five

it's like the more he gets , the more he wants

understandable
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #15
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Very spruce group!

I read this, and I have to paste it because it doesn't get said enough, and I couldn't have said it better:

Display your true self with pride – you are being heroic just by walking down the street, so keep making an effort to show the world that masculine is magnificent!
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

omg a quick nosy at that site has got me off on the right foot this morning...I have a thing about Principal Boys, which is not the same thing, but the photos did make me think of this. I don't know if Principal Boys exist in other countries. They are women who play a leading male part at the theatre/pantomime. They stroll around the stage in riding boots and blouse shirts and stand with their hands on their hips. They are mesmerising...

...More!!!!! :-)

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I want the tie Dashwood has one.............

Thanks honeyb for the link.........impressive
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: