Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-03-2021, 10:19 PM   #8061
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

No problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Somebody brought up a good point today. Unlike most of our past projects, I will not be collecting and redistributing the projects. I am simply making a mailing list, much like we do for holiday cards, and distributing the addresses to everybody. Therefore, everyone who participates will have each others' addresses. Participants will mail their projects directly to the recipients.

Also, there's no need to send money to me since you will be handling your own postage.

Sorry for any confusion. Is this a problem for anyone?
Old 04-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #8062
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Somebody brought up a good point today. Unlike most of our past projects, I will not be collecting and redistributing the projects. I am simply making a mailing list, much like we do for holiday cards, and distributing the addresses to everybody. Therefore, everyone who participates will have each others' addresses. Participants will mail their projects directly to the recipients.

Also, there's no need to send money to me since you will be handling your own postage.

Sorry for any confusion. Is this a problem for anyone?
I can hardly wait to get this party started...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #8063
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Four likes looks like loose and unstructured approval to me. Therefore, I present

The Ultimate Loose and Unstructured Pen Pal Event

Everyone who wants to will sign up below and PM their mailing address to the wrangler, starting now March 31, 2021. The wrangler, GeorgiaMa'am, will distribute the addresses within a day or two of when they are received. Participants are encouraged to send letters, cards, art projects, etc. to whomever they want, whenever they want. Participants can join at any time. Project lasts until everyone agrees it has run its course, or the wrangler is over it.

No limit on participants. No deadlines, just group rule.

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme
3. Nanners
4. Orema
5. Hommoe
6. randrum
7.Genesis
Super excited about this!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 12:07 AM   #8064
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

How exciting! The first batch of addresses has been sent out by PM. If you didn't get it, it's because either (1) you didn't sign up, or (2) you didn't PM me your address. I know there are others who are interested, so send me that info!

Clay, do you want me to sign you up? Are you still having trouble with that?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2021, 08:49 PM   #8065
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Got my first card today! Thanks!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 02:24 PM   #8066
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default As Dean Martin used to famously say....

"keep those cards and letters coming in".

~~
So far I've received several beautiful cards......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #8067
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I am interested, please sign me up!
Old 04-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #8068
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got a butterfly! I got a butterfly!

So happy!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #8069
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,098 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Received cards with bears (I ain't scared!), legs, a guitar playin' lady, and warm letters. Thank you for thinking of me!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2021, 09:34 AM   #8070
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Received cards with bears (I ain't scared!), legs, a guitar playin' lady, and warm letters. Thank you for thinking of me!

And they say letter writing is a dying art.......pish
Old 08-18-2021, 11:09 AM   #8071
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Address list!

Hi! I can't remember who sent out the address list for this round of the card exchange, but with the server update, it's not in my inbox anymore. I was just looking for it to start sending cards, and it's gone. Could somebody please send it to me again? Thanks!
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #8072
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you to the five people who sent out cards for this project.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:59 AM   #8073
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I read similar articles on Bloomberg and Fast Company.

I've always been a card sender, but since Covid I know I've sent even more!

At Halloween in fact I sent several cards and wrote inside " Yup, ghosts and gobbling's are scary, but not as scary as a pandemic"!

I re-connected with two friends from Milwaukee, during Covid, that I had lost track of, and have sent each numerous cards. One is a real movie buff and got most of her DVD's thru the library rental system, but once Covid hit, and that wasn't possible, I sent her several DVD's as well.

To be honest I can't say I've received more cards during Covid, but IMHO "tis better to give than receive" still holds true for me, even during a pandemic!
I'm still sporadically sending out cards, notes, news articles, etc etc !

It makes me happy thinking I just might of made someone laugh or brighten up their day.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #8074
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm ready to craft!!

I'll be willing to do a quick 4-5 week turn around of Halloween ATC cards. Any one interested?? Very easy peasy, to at least bring our supplies out of lock down!

Maybe a December Holiday one to follow??

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 12:01 PM   #8075
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I'm ready to craft!!

I'll be willing to do a quick 4-5 week turn around of Halloween ATC cards. Any one interested?? Very easy peasy, to at least bring our supplies out of lock down!

I don't know about a December craft project. The holidays are a hectic time and usually the card exchange keeps me busy enough. The Halloween ATC project though sounds fun. Oh I was just asking myself what I might make out of things I have on hand or supplies that wouldn't be too spendy and in a flash it came to me! If we do a week for sign up, and around the same number of people who've participated in the past join in this round I could do it in a four or five week window of time, though five would be better. Anyone else interested?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #8076
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default refresh my memory please....

Quote:
I'm ready to craft!!

What are ATC cards again???
Old 09-04-2021, 07:21 PM   #8077
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

ATC

Art trading cards.
Simply put..your art on a 3.5 x 2.5 card. It can be elaborate or very simple. All medias can be used. Paint, crayons, stamps, glue, stickers, words ...what ever is your art. Or what ever supplies you have. Collage, symmetry, abstract which ever way your creativity takes you. Google or check out Pinterest. You can even see tutorials on YouTube.

Come on people (yes you)..its fun! Step outside of that pandemic bubble!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 09:26 PM   #8078
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I'm ready to craft!!

I'm with FSF on the December project. It's the holidays and too close to this one if we do it, but I'm totally game for a Halloween project and I love ATCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I don't know about a December craft project. The holidays are a hectic time and usually the card exchange keeps me busy enough. The Halloween ATC project though sounds fun. Oh I was just asking myself what I might make out of things I have on hand or supplies that wouldn't be too spendy and in a flash it came to me! If we do a week for sign up, and around the same number of people who've participated in the past join in this round I could do it in a four or five week window of time, though five would be better. Anyone else interested?
Interested!

Quote:
Artist Trading Cards. They are typically 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size although we sometimes play with that. Basically, it's a tiny painting or mixed media piece.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-04-2021 at 09:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2021, 09:37 PM   #8079
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Artist trading cards 2.5" x 3.5" - little mini pieces of art work. Wrangler picks a theme, that's your inspiration/direction and from there you run with it wherever your mind takes you.

https://www.strathmoreartist.com/cards-atc.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_cards

https://artbyro.com/how-to-make-arti...ng-cards-atcs/
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2021, 06:21 AM   #8080
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Something to keep in mind if we're going to do a Christmas card exchange....

Systemwide changes at the U.S. Postal Service, including planned service slowdowns take effect in the beginning of October!

This slowdown will effect seventy percent of first-class mail sent to Nevada, 60 percent of the deliveries to Florida, 58 percent to Washington state, 57 percent to Montana, and 55 percent to Arizona and Oregon. In all, at least a third of such letters and parcels addressed to 27 states will arrive more slowly under the new standards.

Tags
artists, creative types