Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #261
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

LOL homoe....I am not good on correction but I have to tell you I also thought it was the same guy. The truth is this guy is the (R) governor of Georgia and that guy was the (R) governor of Tennessee. Gotta hand it to the Republicans though, they are "straight" down the line for being idiots.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 07:32 AM   #262
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I have a friend sending us each a reusable mask to go out in. I'm relieved. We only had bandanas to cover our faces when we went out Friday. I felt so exposed to this pandemic with my bandit mask. We have to go out again this coming week. I did my usual monthly grocery order for delivery but they are now almost 2 weeks out. So an order placed on the 3rd will be delivered the 16th. I need to get things to get me through until then. Hopefully we get the masks by about Friday or so. I don't want to go to the grocery store without one. Or the pharmacy for that matter. I hope the mask helps me not to freak out too badly about catching this thing. Friday when we got home, I was a mess. While out I bought some really expensive beer (accidentally). So I cracked one and tried to chill. I mean I washed up and sterilized everything last thing. We are both "at risk" individuals. And we stay in as much as possible. But We aren't elite enough to just buy 3 months worth of groceries and supplies at a pop. I'm convinced the Republicans are trying to exterminate the poor. Kill of those on the fixed incomes so that money can be used to pad their wallets and portfolios even more. It's disgusting. Being "sold out" by your own government for the all mighty dollar. Now I consider myself pretty open minded, but......how does one wrap their head around making states compete in a bidding war for medical supplies and PPE during a pandemic? Why are we taking supplies meant for other countries? I mean dirty pool is not how this should be played. This is Global. I don't think any one country by itself is going to solve this. I think we all need to put our best people on it and do this as a global team. But......how is the World going to come together when we can't even get our whole country to come together? I felt more US unity during 9/11 than I'm feeling now. Is it going to take the numbers skyrocketing before more people put down the kool aid and wake up?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #263
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
What do we think about doing something like going for a bike ride alone? I want to ride my bike but don't know how socially responsible that is? It's not like I'd be interacting with anyone...
I have heard different takes on this. Some say it's impossible to maintain 6 feet of social distancing on a bike. I think I've heard more people say they thought it was okay, though. I know in some locations you can't go more than a certain distance from your home. Personally, it seems like it would be fine.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 03:04 PM   #264
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
LOL homoe....I am not good on correction but I have to tell you I also thought it was the same guy. The truth is this guy is the (R) governor of Georgia and that guy was the (R) governor of Tennessee. Gotta hand it to the Republicans though, they are "straight" down the line for being idiots.
No worries. Some of these Governors don't use the brain they were born with!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #265
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

So far I have not been too worried, but this coming week I need to go and have my INR level read because of being on a blood thinner. And I wouldn't be worried even about this EXCEPT a pharmacy ,with a high level of traffic, is located in the same area....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #266
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In Switzerland they are now making the chocolate Easter bunnies with little sugar masks.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #267
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

did anyone read about the Bronx zoo has a 4 yr old lion w/ coronavirus?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #268
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I personally think Trump doesn't give a hoot about any of us. He knew since Dec. 2019, he let the virus grow.. as the stocks plummet they can be bought at very low prices ~ he's been socializing w/ the enemies of the world. Maybe their shopping ? and the hackers that have taken over our SS numbers to get the "stimulus" checks ~ they give and then take it back. ops steal it back ~ I will never believe that it was from a bat !! I said it b4 my OWN belief is that it's chemical war ~ Trump knows this ~ btw mental picture of all Trump's cronnies wearing cheerleader costumes... when he is guilty ~ he brings it up ~ having idiots say he's been on top of everything and and and..... he controls everyone he knows if not your bullied ~ friggen physcopath ~
I stand corrected ~ Dr. Fauci said today TRUMP and his administration was informed early 2017 about this virus.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #269
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
did anyone read about the Bronx zoo has a 4 yr old lion w/ coronavirus?
I just heard about it on the BBC World News. "A tiger at a zoo in New York has tested positive for COVID-19. The four-year-old female named Nadia is thought to have contracted the virus from a keeper at Bronx Zoo who didn't have any symptoms. Several big cats there have recently developed a dry cough, including three other tigers and three African lions. Nadia is thought to be the first animal to test positive for the corona virus in the U.S."

So is someone working on a vaccine or a cure for cats? Probably not. What will we do if domestic cats can catch COVID-19? The possibilities are horrible. <freaking out>

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #270
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I just heard about it on the BBC World News. "A tiger at a zoo in New York has tested positive for COVID-19. The four-year-old female named Nadia is thought to have contracted the virus from a keeper at Bronx Zoo who didn't have any symptoms. Several big cats there have recently developed a dry cough, including three other tigers and three African lions. Nadia is thought to be the first animal to test positive for the corona virus in the U.S."

So is someone working on a vaccine or a cure for cats? Probably not. What will we do if domestic cats can catch COVID-19? The possibilities are horrible. <freaking out>
Georgia , I just got chills up my spine on the thought of domestic animals coming down w/ this virus ~ I honestly don't think my heart can take losing our animals like this ~ I have a strong heart but this would bring me to my knees.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #271
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Georgia , I just got chills up my spine on the thought of domestic animals coming down w/ this virus ~ I honestly don't think my heart can take losing our animals like this ~ I have a strong heart but this would bring me to my knees.
It would kill me.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #272
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

All these different stories make me wonder.

First they say no masks then masks but n95 masks then homemade ones are fine.

Smacks forehead...make up your mind.

Other conflicting stories in the media that don't add up.

Let's face it we will never know the real truth about anything because every story gets twisted to suit its audience.

Smh
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #273
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

In a pinch this could work ..

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 09:13 PM   #274
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

A few weeks ago I got a newsletter from PetPlan that said there was no evidence that domestic animals can catch or spread C19. Relief! Then, I googled and there's some "read between the lines" needed with the CDC's position on the subject.

On the one hand, they say there's no evidence that pets can catch it. On the other hand, they say if your sick, stay away from your pets. The latter seems the most logical course of action since both cats and dogs can suffer from upper respiratory illnesses. Probably the best course of action to keep our pets safe is to not catch it ourselves.

CDC link...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/animals.html

Quote:

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #275
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Quote:
This afternoon when I was watching our county health officer give a daily update the subject came up. She indicated that she had just seen a report yesterday about the possibility of domestic and feral cats getting a coronavirus, the findings are preliminary but they are now advising us that if you are symptomatic and need to isolate from your family you also stay away from pets.

I just did a quick search for “cats with coronavirus“ and there is scant information and I don’t think anyone knows which variety of coronavirus may or may not be showing up. I think it’s a good idea for us to keep an eye out for emerging information and share it here when more is known.

This would be truly horrible so let’s not jump the gun. We do need to find out given that it jumped from animal to human is it preposterous to think that it couldn’t jump back?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #276
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
All these different stories make me wonder.

First they say no masks then masks but n95 masks then homemade ones are fine.

Smacks forehead...make up your mind.

Other conflicting stories in the media that don't add up.

Let's face it we will never know the real truth about anything because every story gets twisted to suit its audience.

Smh
Maybe that’s because we are being systematically lied to.

N95 masks have been a good idea for everyone from the get go. Viruses are half the size of bacteria so medical filtering should be the standard. There was no supply to be had and medically advocating for something unavailable would cause public panic.

When it became clear that community spread is such that it is highly likely that fine suspended aerosols would be a contributing cause something had to be recommended. A cloth covering cannot hurt (If properly used and not just causing excess face touching) and may do some small percentage of good. If nothing else it will be a good visual cue so all the idiots out there who think they can pretend this is not actually happening will wake up.

We are being given a pacifier until supplies can be restored.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #277
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Covid-19

I came across this article which I'm sure you probably already know about but just in case you didn't I thought I would share it with you....

White House COVID-19 Coordinator: Don’t Go To Grocery Store Or Pharmacy Unless Essential

https://deadline.com/2020/04/white-h...al-1202900889/
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 02:22 AM   #278
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
I came across this article which I'm sure you probably already know about but just in case you didn't I thought I would share it with you....

White House COVID-19 Coordinator: Don’t Go To Grocery Store Or Pharmacy Unless Essential

https://deadline.com/2020/04/white-h...al-1202900889/
This makes me even more apprehensive about my up coming appointment on Tuesday....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #279
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Animals

In the past century, people have been travelling now all over the world, and they are in contact with all sorts of things - bugs, viruses - and then they go home.

Swine flu, bird flu, even going back to the bubonic plague (rats) idk...

I am not surprised that the poor tiger has been tested positive for this awful and deadly virus.

Last month, when I first read of Wuhan online (!), while sitting on a bench and people-watching outside, I saw someone walking with a very friendly looking dog [a kind of ... doodle dog ], my first instinct was to motion the woman to come over so I could pet her dog, and THEN, and before I could motion to her, I had a instantaneous mind/heart reflection: "NO" !

For me, this was a stop-and-whoa flash moment, since I really am a dog person; I really love dogs, all dogs. Even though I don't own a dog, I could have gotten one, since we are allowed to have pets in our building. And, in the past, I smile at the fact that I have usually managed to pet some dog or other several times a week, even to the point of carrying some Dog Bone biscuits in my safari vest pocket for my favourite dog (and cute owner, who would always hug me).

I think and feel that all these viruses originally came from our contact with some very strange animals (bats, and other strange species), and they have been harmless to and in such animals, but because of their contact with us humans, they have mutated into what we are stuck with now. And if they have mutated in such a way, they can certainly mutate back and go to our beloved animals - whether pets or domestic animals in general. Even, I think, to those beautiful gorillas in the wild. I would - if I had a pet - be very careful about who touched my pet, and going about touching others' pets.

There are quite a few people walking their dogs in my area, and I now (and for the past month) have given both owner and pet a wide berth.

Obviously, I am not an expert, but it appears to me that we are not being told the whole story.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #280
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am up early, so I can catch Governor Cuomo's press conference on CBSN.

The East Coast is three hours ahead of Pacific Coast time, so I just watch his press conferences because I think he gives us the best picture of what is happening and the incredibly hard choices that Team Cuomo is making as each day goes by.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: