Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #1961
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today was a rinse and repeat of yesterday.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #1962
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

Went to gym 45 on treadmill did back and abs... Only had 70 mins to play

I'm still being diligent!

I hope Santa is paying attention to my good behavior!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #1963
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Did a 60 minute run and ten minute walk on the treadmill.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #1964
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

easy hour long jog on the compact sand
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #1965
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning, exercisers!

I did something I haven't done before today. I've privately fussed and fumed but today I publicly lost my shit.

Oh, yes I did.

Let me backtrack a bit.

I hopped on the treadmill and did half an hour.

T33, random program, level 7
Stats: 210 cal, 1.82 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec and 1 @ 60 sec. Both @ 5.1 mph.

Then I went into the circuit training room. It's a room that has an open entranceway, like someone forgot to put in the door, and pass throughs along the wall, like someone forgot to put windows in. I really like this room because it's the only one in the whole place that's not hot and, if people use it correctly, no one hogs the machines. It has great acoustics too.

When I got in there, 2 women were working different machines and one guy was off to the side. One of the women had a mat and after she worked a machine, she came back to the mat and did some calisthenics and stretching. Cool. The guy said hi as we were both at the garbage can, getting new paper towels to wipe the machines off that we'd just used.

The first woman leaves. Then the guy leaves, so it's just stretching woman and me. Two other women come in and they are chatting off to the side. No biggie. They weren't in anyone's way and they weren't too loud. Good for them.

Stretching woman leaves so it's just the 3 of us now. I'm working the last machine in the room and the two women keep talking and get louder and louder and louder and then I can hear everything about their library book and organ operation conversation and very little of the music playing.

I looked over a them a couple of times, giving them the universal 'shut up' eye but they were oblivious. I told myself that I was almost done and then I snapped. Like a Kit Kat.

I wasn't vulgar or anything along those lines but I'm sure they are going to tell people about the rude woman at the gym today. This is what I said, "Excuse me, ladies! (I had to yell as they were that loud) You do realize that you are not alone in here, right? I mean, I appreciate conversation but you are louder than the music (and the music's really loud in that room....good acoustics again)."

They looked absolutely flabbergasted and apologized and then were quiet like chastised children the remainder of my workout.

A few minutes later, I finished and went to work some of the machines right outside of the room and they kept their volume down when a couple of other people went in to the room.

I dunno. I get really, really tired and frustrated with people who don't see outside of their self and circle. Is a little common courtesy too much to ask for?

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 11-22-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #1966
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I didn't feel like braving the elements so I ran at the local track today. For me running is a solo activity but it probably did me some good to be sociable. A nice 7 mile run before I had to flee the crowds. Happy weekend to you all.

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #1967
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

30 min stair master (55/65 intervals, 4 min. back and forth), 60 min. of weight lifting, stretching, core, legs, and abs.

I'm really grateful for everyone on this thread. It makes me feel motivated and centered.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #1968
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I missed the workout classes on Saturday since I was pulled into work. After work I went to the gym and did 1 hour on the treadmill and worked on some arm strength exercises.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #1969
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with you, nycfreakinfabulousafem. It's nice to know that, even if we're all not physically with one another, that we have emotional support and motivation from the others in the thread here.

I'm in a very good mood this morning, exercisers! This is despite squeaky sneaker guy trying to be sneaky and hopping on a machine directly behind me. As if I still wouldn't hear him. The music was broke in the gym today, too. Luckily, I was almost done with the cardio part of my routine so I was able to let it go. I think my snapation yesterday helped. A girl can only take so much.

I had a lovely workout.

T33, random program, levels 6-9
Stats: 257 cal, 2.22 mi, 45:00 min
No intervals

I started at level 6 and increased my incline level at every 10 minute mark. I woke up in the 1-3 pain range today, which is great, so I thought I'd really put my theory that incline work could have the same or similar effect on my leg as running intervals. If I was wrong, then seeing as how I started low on the pain threshold, it wouldn't take much to 'fix' it to where I was okay the rest of the day.

I like to do the running intervals once in a while because it clears the pipes and keeps the ole ticker ticking regularly but since I'm doing workouts each and every day, which is physically very taxing in itself, I'm trying to keep things as low impact as possible.

I'm happy to report that it seemed to work. I got tight during the weight training portion, but that's typical and can be alleviated by some short term pacing or a quick 15 minute hop on the treadmill so I wasn't worried about that. I worked my lower body today with the exception of a quick try on one of the weight machines that looked like a row. I love rowing, so I've been wanting to give it a try but it's stationary. No rowing movement, which is what I like best. Just the arms coming and back and going forward. Nothing fun there. I also popped on one of the ab machines because I didn't really feel anything from yesterday's ab work so I gave it a quick shot. Felt them then! So, I'm happy that I seem to have found a good balance between actually doing work but not doing so much work that it cripples me the next day or two. Yay.

I am unhappy to report that I am officially out of chocolate milk now and a stop at the grocery store is a must today. I might as well get my list together and hit the hardware store for my house filters too. Can you believe that Ace Hardware is the only store in the area that has the whacked out size I need for one of my filters? Good thing I have a coupon!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #1970
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

20 minutes treadmill....30 minutes machines...20 laps in pool. Feel great
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #1971
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
20 minutes treadmill....30 minutes machines...20 laps in pool. Feel great
Sounds like the perfect workout.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #1972
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Straight up cardio today.

T33, random program levels 7-9
Stats: 418 cal, 3.45 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals: 5 @ 60 sec @ 5 mph, 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.3 mph

I spent a good portion of the workout thinking it was awful hot in there, and it was....I sweated buckets, but I given how late in the month it is, it could be hormones as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #1973
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Today was another gym day. I went in a bit earlier than usual so I could get home in time for an appointment. As soon as I finished my 25min on the elliptical I tried getting off and was insanely dizzy, to the point of having to hang on to the thing for a while to not fall over.

I figured out that I had forgotten to take my morning med and was 3 hours off schedule. After standing around for a bit trying not to look foolish (or in need of an ambulance) I decided I had better get home, take it, and call it a day.

I'm only about a mile away and not too concerned about driving that far. So, when I got home I decided that sitting on a weight contraption was similar to sitting on the couch, since I'm only doing light things right now. So I went back and finished out my resistance bit. Now I'm all balanced out and fine, so it worked.

Mission accomplished!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #1974
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow I will do 1 hour step it up class and 1 hour zumba
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #1975
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Today was another gym day. I went in a bit earlier than usual so I could get home in time for an appointment. As soon as I finished my 25min on the elliptical I tried getting off and was insanely dizzy, to the point of having to hang on to the thing for a while to not fall over.

I figured out that I had forgotten to take my morning med and was 3 hours off schedule. After standing around for a bit trying not to look foolish (or in need of an ambulance) I decided I had better get home, take it, and call it a day.

I'm only about a mile away and not too concerned about driving that far. So, when I got home I decided that sitting on a weight contraption was similar to sitting on the couch, since I'm only doing light things right now. So I went back and finished out my resistance bit. Now I'm all balanced out and fine, so it worked.

Mission accomplished!
I guess it's not a good time to mention that most accidents happen less than a mile from home.

So glad that you are okay and got all re-balanced!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #1976
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Less than stellar start to the day, exercisers.

I had great difficulty getting to and staying asleep last night. Not sure what was up with that. Then I had some very disturbing dreams and woke much later than what I'd hoped to, for obvious reasons. I also woke at a higher pain level than I'd prefer...not that I prefer to wake in any discomfort; it just happens.

I started to do half an hour of cardio before the upper body work but my body was still gnarled up from last night so I had to extend it.

T33, random program, level 8
Stats: 288 cal, 2.44 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 90 sec, 3 @ 60 sec, all @ 5 mph

I thought that maybe it was me with the temperature thing but as I walked into the gym, I was hit by the wave of heat as soon as I came through the door. That's not me, folks. I really don't understand it. I've spent the majority of my life in Southern climates and I get cold very easy and it's too hot for me. Why isn't anyone here, most of whom have lived in cold climates all their lives, hot too?

So I was happy to get to the circuit training part. The temperature is far more appropriate in there, so I took my time with the upper body workout. Then, as I was wiping down the next to last machine and was turning to get onto the ab machine, some guy jumps on it. Right in front of me. Like I'm not even there.

I moved to the back machine, which is just outside of the circuit training room and stared him down. Then, after less than 60 seconds, he moves to another machine.

People like that are part of the reason I grind my teeth.

I finished my routine and came home. It's the last day of my mini vacation and I have a ton of chores and loose ends to tie up. See ya!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #1977
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Oh and I pulled a muscle wrong during the weight training portion of the program, so I had to take a few moments once it unlocked and stretch it out real good.

I never had a Charley horse in my arm before.

Today is not my day, y'all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #1978
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Me again.

Where there are peaks, there are valleys.

Today is a peak day, thankfully.

T33, random program, levels 8, 10, 12
Stats: 281 cal, 2.32 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 60 sec, 1 @ 90 sec, all @ 5 mph

I went into the workout with the mindset that tomorrow's will be long and tough, so I wanted an easier one today. Lo and behold, T33 kept dishing out the intervals over and over. I bumped up the incline for several of them but finally did a few.

If I'd run all of them, I would have had about 9 intervals.

That's a lot.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #1979
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Hellloooooooo!

Happy Eat All You Can Hold With Little to No Judgment Day!

I slept in this morning since the gym didn't open until 7am. It was PACKED when I got there around 8am, as to be expected.

T33, random program, level 5
Stats: 405 cal, 3.63 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals: 3 @ 90 sec, 5 @ 60 sec, all @ 5.3 mph

I had one of those moments today that felt like a Choose Your Adventure book. Remember those? You get to a point and then you can choose to do something and, depending on what you chose to do, determined what page you were directed to next. I used to go through and read them over and over again, until I read all of the options. It was like 4-5 books in one! On a sad note, the creator of that series passed away recently.

Anyway, my point is, the first 30 minutes of my workout were good. Mellow, actually. At the 30 minute mark, I hit 150 calories burned and did not have any intervals. At all. I was doing weight training so I could have hopped off at that point and got to the grunting but I said, no. I felt good and relaxed and wanted to see what else T33 had in store for me.

Well, I'll tell you. The second half of the workout was very different from the first; like night and day. I had all 8 intervals in the second half hour and by the time the 60 minute mark rolled around, I hit 375 calories burned on the screen. Same time frame, but I burned....according to the treadmill, which has its own level of accurateness.....225 calories versus 150. Boy, did I feel it too. I was a sweaty girl for sure!

As usual, I succumbed to sweaty ear syndrome, which always happens in the gym. Occasionally outside but it's a direct correlation to how hard I'm working and how darn hot it is in the gym. I had to wipe off my buds 2-3 times.

I did well with the weight training also. Lower body today. No massive twitches or pain streaks, which is excellent. I won't be able to go to the gym the next two days due to their schedule and my work schedule not cooperating so I'll be hoofing it outside in the early AM.

I better wear my earmuffs! It'll be 20 something tomorrow and probably snow showering.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #1980
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

After Tuesday's little episode at the gym, when I went home I bent over to pick something up and well... Wednesday became a inadvertent day off. It's hard for me to take a down day as I work better when I do the same routine every day.

Learning curve.

Anywho, today I took a river day and enjoyed a three mile route that was mostly dirt trails through the woods now that the snow is gone. At one spot there is a nice little cove (?) (20ft piece of lake beach) that I like to stop off at for a minute when I get there. Today there was a large freshly fallen tree right across it. As it turns out it is the perfect height and diameter to be a terrific bench running all the way across. I hope they leave it.

Now for some guilt free P-day food! (ham instead of turkey)

Tags
exercise, weights