Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
Kat

How Do You Identify?:
I do not, thanks
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Kat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST Reputation

The movie that still gives me chills to this day is Burnt Offerings, and it TERRIFIED me when I first watched it on TV when I was probably 10.

Most of it didn't scare me at all, except for a couple of scenes with a character just called The Chauffeur. After 35 years, I can still hear the sound of his car driving up to the house, with his ghostly grin behind the wheel...

I've read it's a pretty terrible movie, but the cast is amazing -- Burgess Meredith! Karen Black! Oliver Reed! BETTE DAVIS! I bought it when it came out on DVD, but it's still in the shrink wrap...
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #22
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I can tell you this thread is mighty scary, when someone saw Poltergeist in the first grade, and I saw that movie when it came out and I was...a lot older than first grade.

Anyway, this is embarrassing, but it was The Wizard of Oz. The tornado was strike 1, as I lived in a state with a lot of them. Strike 2: The flying monkey guards. Strike 3: Dorothy throwing water on the witch and she melted. It was a hella long time after that before I'd take any more than a cursory bath.

I understand the movie is a "classic", but it even creeps me out today.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #23
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Not a movie, but I remember sitting next to my dad on the couch watching Twilight Zone pulling the bankie over my eyes when it got too scary for me...and I was 3!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default i was 5...

and Hitchcock rawked me world...
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #25
DaddyNik12

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Domme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
still searching for ms right

Thanked 1,508 Times in 468 Posts
DaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST Reputation

when I was 4 my mom told me I was a huge fan of Godzilla movies , I still watch them to this day

but the the scariest movie that I had nite mares over was Friday the 13th , cuz we used to go camping a lot , but as I gotton over my fear for some odd reason , I still wanna go camping lol'
Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #26
GeeGina

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, but flexible.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single. Looking. Available. Open.

GeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST ReputationGeeGina Has the BEST Reputation

First off, I love me some Godzilla. I especially love the very first one, full of wonderful allegory and symbolism.

As for the first scary movie I saw...that was "Alien" which is a favorite movie of my older brother. He let me watch it with him...and I spent the night in his bed. I was so frightened...
GeeGina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeeGina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Dracula..I was 3
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
Venus

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Venus is on a distinguished road

Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't remember how old I was exactly... but very young. Maybe six or seven? My older brother was supposed to babysit me and he watched it with some friends. Didn't care that his little sister was watching it, too. Scared the crap out of me!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #29
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The birds was the first...my Mom liked that sort of thing.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #30
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
The birds was the first...my Mom liked that sort of thing.
I'll have to agree on this one, The Birds. I remember looking at the tv from behind my mom's back. The scariest scene was when Mitch's mother, Lydia, found the farmer with his eye pecked out. Too scary.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #31
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I was about 7 when I saw the Legend of Boggy Creek, got the shit scared out of me. I couldn't sleep that night after watching it for fear the swamp monster was going to come get me. LOL
I"ve since seen this as an adult and just laughed so hard I cried.

The other one was Audrey Rose and I was about 9 then, and man that movie skeered me so bad I didn't sleep for a week. When I did sleep I had night mares about the movie. LOL
Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

The Birds .... I was preschool age, Mom took me to the movie theater. I was in my 40's before I would get near a bird.

And a Twilight Zone episode about a robot toy, my cousin got a whipping for scaring me with his robot toy. I watched it from under my grandmother as she sat on a kitchen chair.

Not sure which came first.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

The religion I grew up in did not allow us to go to movie theaters. In the 7th grade I snuck out with 2 friends to see my very first movie in a theater on the big screen. It was JAWS, lol.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #34
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I think the first scary movie I remember seeing is "The Birds", but the first one I saw at the movie theatre was, "Night of the Living Dead" with my four brothers, then we came home and camped out in the backyard...well that was the plan anyway. We were all too scared to sleep outside after watching the movie. lol

P.S. I was 10 at the time.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”

Last edited by Jesse; 10-26-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Edited to add age
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if Porky's counts

We were at the drive ins...and my parents thought I was asleep...trying to explain that movie to my friends was...interesting...

if it doesn't count....

I'm pretty sure it was the original Friday the 13th movie...which my dad let me watch the week before I went away to camp for the first time.... I did NOT go in the water....thanks dad...
Old 10-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/

dis was da 2nd scariest...
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #37
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I was five when I saw Creature from the Black Lagoon. I had nightmares until I saw it again Freshman year of college. Boy I felt silly!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #38
LexiLove

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce.Lesbian.Femme.Dyke.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.Her.Sweetums.
Relationship Status:
I have her...hoping to keep her

LexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST Reputation

My cousins tied me down and forced me to watch psycho. I wouldnt take a shower alone for years. I think I was 6 or 7.
LexiLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LexiLove For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #39
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I remember wanting to see Helter Skelter when I was a kid and my Dad adamantly forbidding it. I was 10. I have no idea why the heck I would have wanted to see it.

I, too, watched the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Abbott and Costello "horror" skits.

But probably the first I recall would be Alien.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #40
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

Dressed to Kill. Angie Dickenson. Scary shit.

"Trust is a verb."

Street Buddha
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post: