Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I have a story similar to the one that started this thread. I am a nurse, and several years ago I worked on an Alzheimer unit. The husband of one of our patients would come every day to feed her breakfast, visit with her, and feed her lunch. She was in end-stage Alzheimer's, nonverbal, and had no sign of recognition that she knew who he was...and yet every day, without fail, there he was. He would talk to her, sit with her, feed her, and every day tell her he loved her. He told me the story of how they met...at a dance on a naval base. They met in January, and he married her that June. He said she was the love of his life.

One day we had a blizzard, it was a state of emergency and the local news channels were warning that no one should be out on the roads. I was sitting at the nurse's station and to my surprise, I looked up and saw him walk through the doors. I said to him "Mr *, what are you doing out! You shouldn't be driving in this weather!" He just looked at me, smiled and replied "Well, I couldn't leave my girl alone now could I?"

That is love

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: