Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Just like doing nothing but it takes a long time"

Today I am slow roasting a pork shoulder
you splash on some Worcestershire sauce then pack the roast in brown sugar, put cider or apple juice in the bottom of the pan then put the lid on and roast the whole thing for 5-6 hours at 225, yummmmmmmmm

I am making mashed yams w/carrot and ginger, corn bread and for dessert roasted apples with vanilla bean ice cream and to wash it all down, woodchuck hard pear cider

I know it is still summer but I want fall =}

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #1062
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Wow! Sounds perfect for today, which is colder and rainy in NYC!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #1063
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Something with boneless chicken breast... lol, and homemade garlic, sour cream mashed potatoes.
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #1064
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still testing the waters as far as food goes and keeping it inside

But I've got a pot of chili on the hot plate for the fam and it's smelling good.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #1065
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I have a big ol pork roast in the crock pot along with lots of goodies; potatoes, carrots, pole beans, black beans, onions, bell pepper and secret seasonings. It is going to be sooo good!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #1066
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

It's a day for my scallops and some Mediterranean pasta, with feta and green olives.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #1067
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I had my chicken kebob and tres leche cake from whole foods so that's it for the night, tomorrow its back to the diet just a little treat for the Sunday evening!! But gosh whole foods is expensive!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #1068
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Seared duck breast with crčme de cassis glaze and roasted peaches, a glass of Pinot Noir, and an espresso...

Elle*, whose little Tibetan Spaniel is waiting for duck to fall in her dish!
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #1069
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

@ lipstixgal... I love whole foods but yes it is very expensive. I have to go there for some items I can get no where else. I have a lot of allergies, but only after i know i can't get anything like it anywhere else!

Tonight I had black beans and rice that i made with onions, bell pepper, pablono peppers, garlic,oregano, apple cider vinager, s & P, and chorizo! After I cooked it I put shredded cheese and avacodo on top. mmmmmmmmm yummy!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #1070
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Probably what I'm eating now: Trader Joe's white cheddar popcorn and Laceys Cookies ... milk chocolate macadamia nut.
I love weekend cheats.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #1071
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Probably what I'm eating now: Trader Joe's white cheddar popcorn and Laceys Cookies ... milk chocolate macadamia nut.
I love weekend cheats.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #1072
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
@ lipstixgal... I love whole foods but yes it is very expensive. I have to go there for some items I can get no where else. I have a lot of allergies, but only after i know i can't get anything like it anywhere else!

Tonight I had black beans and rice that i made with onions, bell pepper, pablono peppers, garlic,oregano, apple cider vinager, s & P, and chorizo! After I cooked it I put shredded cheese and avacodo on top. mmmmmmmmm yummy!
Yes its very expensive!! but the food is oh so good.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #1073
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

We had waffles and bacon for brunch.

I just sent MBE to the store for bread. I elected to take a nap, then forgot to start bread.

Bread
Mac and cheese, per MBE's request
Marinated ribeye steaks on the grill

We really should eat more veggies. However I like fresh veggies and can't currently afford them. Once I have freezer room, and preferably a deep freezer, veggies watch out. I miss them.

Just hate the canned crap.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #1074
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Too tired to cook. I wanted ice cream for dinner but I had that friday night
I grow lots of herbs and my own hens so I made a big fluffy omelet with garlic chives, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes and provolone. Then wheat toast smeared with lots of butter.

I've really been having a hankering for a big fish fry.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #1075
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Damon, Damon, Damon...I said move next door to me. I will grow the fresh veggies and you can cook. And MBE can be the princess ....k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post

We really should eat more veggies. However I like fresh veggies and can't currently afford them. Once I have freezer room, and preferably a deep freezer, veggies watch out. I miss them.
Just hate the canned crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #1076
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default listen into the voices in me head....lol

Hah! I have plans to enclose my garden like an aviary. I am going to have guinea hens. Yes, but, Softness, you live in the city..you cant have poultry...O?? What poultry? Mine shall be covered with newf hair that I will collect all winter...and I shall get dog licenses for each ot them...and say they are mixes..mixed with basenjjiiis...Surely the neighbors have heard of the yoddling dogs????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I grow lots of herbs and my own hens so I made a big fluffy omelet with garlic chives, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes and provolone. Then wheat toast smeared with lots of butter.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #1077
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Default dinner conversation

funny you mention butter. (ok, maybe not funny since this is a dinner thread) but I had a dream last night about a butter cow and my CIS ex who came back to date me and I dinna wanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #1078
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Damon, Damon, Damon...I said move next door to me. I will grow the fresh veggies and you can cook. And MBE can be the princess ....k
LOL

I looooooovveeeeeeeeeeee fresh veggies.

I grew up on a farm so I grew up with them.

MBE is a princess...no doubt of that.

And yes I'd cook. It's no more trouble cooking for 3 than it is for 2.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #1079
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight we did not end up having simosas, and I was napping so when I woke up I had a chicken chimi with green salsa, red kool-aid & later some key lime ice cream.
~SAB
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #1080
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default cooking for self tonight

Tonight, cooking for myself:

baked chicken drumsticks

sauteed chopped spinach and celery
with onion, garlic, and olive oil

I serve this with a small salad
of romaine lettuce, shredded
carrots, raisins, and olives

with mango chutney...

and ...mint tea.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food